The Rolling Blackouts Have Begun!

We've lucked out here, no ice or snow, just clear skies and sunshine. It will be 36 degrees today and will be 48 degrees here Christmas Day. Still too cold for me to last more than an hour outside, though.

I'm sort of interested if Texas has got their shit together now.....The wind/solar cabal there has not diminished.....They are not dems either. Huge friend of Wheels.

No problems that I know of so far. No ice or snow and the wind is fairly moderate. My juice has stayed on. I live in North CEntral Texas, near Weatherford. No big water main breaks either, that I've seen.

U.S. map

Last edited:
No problems that I know of so far. No ice or snow and the wind is fairly moderate. My juice has stayed on. I live in North CEntral Texas, near Weatherford. No big water main breaks either, that I've seen.

U.S. map

A crisp 9 degrees here in central Alabama. I won’t be surprised if I lose some chickens over this weather…

A crisp 9 degrees here in central Alabama. I won’t be surprised if I lose some chickens over this weather…

Eggs are already outrageous here, hitting $7 a dozen. Total rip off and now I guess they will price themselves out of the market. I need to get me some good layer breeders, I guess. Don't know much about them, though. Local town has some stupid animal control laws but I have a 20 acre chunk that has ag zoned grandfathered in in the middle of the block I live on so screw them. Friends have looked into setting up a chicken house in their back yard but the city wants to charge them outrageous permit fees per chicken that made it prohibitive for them, so I may try to set up a Co-Op deal or something here. What people don't realize is that during the Depression people could raise food and critters on their residential lots; now they've zoned all that out, making it tough to offset inflation, especially for working class people. Being poor now is a lot different then it was then.

Last edited:
Eggs are already outrageous here, hitting $7 a dozen. Total rip off and now I guess they will price themselves out of the market. I need to get me some good layer breeders, I guess. Don't know much about them, though.
I'm partial to the Brahmas. A large hardy breed that is a mediocre layer, and excellent size for meat. Best of both worlds in my opinion. No matter what breed you get, they'll likely lay them, faster than you can eat them.

I'm scheming of a green Christmas
Like Gore and Greta said we’d know
Where the Telsa cells glisten, and consumers listen
To lobbyists deciding who they'll blow

I'm scheming of a
green Christmas
With shill contractual delight
We'll make your whole world
green at night
And make your Christmas billings outta sight

~S~ (w/apologies to Bing)

Nobody with green energy sources is having any problems at all. Thats only a fossil fuel problem.

Eggs are already outrageous here, hitting $7 a dozen. Total rip off and now I guess they will price themselves out of the market. I need to get me some good layer breeders, I guess. Don't know much about them, though. Local town has some stupid animal control laws but I have a 20 acre chunk that has ag zoned grandfathered in in the middle of the block I live on so screw them. Friends have looked into setting up a chicken house in their back yard but the city wants to charge them outrageous permit fees per chicken that made it prohibitive for them, so I may try to set up a Co-Op deal or something here. What people don't realize is that during the Depression people could raise food and critters on their residential lots; now they've zoned all that out, making it tough to offset inflation, especially for working class people. Being poor now is a lot different then it was then.

Eggs are expensive because of the worst avian flu outbreak in history. Entire flocks of birds, and domestic fowl have been wiped out world wide.

Eggs are expensive because of the worst avian flu outbreak in history. Entire flocks of birds, and domestic fowl have been wiped out world wide.

More like a handful of big companies making non-competition agreements under the table is all, same with most of the other 'inflation' scams.

Did I even mention the TVA. I pointed out the problems the EU is having and how much you lunatics want to emulate those issues, by spending massive amounts of money and forced transitions.

The OP talked about the TVA and Rolling Blackouts. Do try to keep up.

They don't have to solve the problem, they just have to stop actively stopping the solution....we have more than enough oil, coal, natural gas, and we can increase our nuclear energy as well......to heat and cool every home in this country. And the only reason we can't is the left wing, green cultists...

your solution is worse than the problem, DickTiny. Sure, we can keep using fossil fuels until the ice caps melt and the coral reefs die, but that eventually causes bigger problems.

your solution is worse than the problem, DickTiny. Sure, we can keep using fossil fuels until the ice caps melt and the coral reefs die, but that eventually causes bigger problems.

How many masks are you wearing right now?

Ice caps aren't melting.....the global warming cult is insane...and people are going to freeze to death because of it.......we have all the energy we need and can't use it because insane nutjobs hate human beings and don't care how many die ...

Sure, we can keep using fossil fuels until the ice caps melt and the coral reefs die, but that eventually causes bigger
Dont you believe that science can provide clean energy through research?

Apparently not

All you have offer is cold in the winter and no air conditioning in the summer

Nobody with green energy sources is having any problems at all. Thats only a fossil fuel problem.
I thought the climate freaks were championing how much the renewables were contributing to the grid, and how fossil fuels were diminishing. So what's happened to this rhetoric?

I thought the climate freaks were championing how much the renewables were contributing to the grid, and how fossil fuels were diminishing. So what's happened to this rhetoric?

It was a lie............they always knew solar and wind were a scam...they didn't care because their goal isn't plentiful, cheap, reliable energy. They just let the rubes believe that. The goal is "Managed Decline." They want the world diminished...and attacking the energy and food production of the world is how they plan on getting there.......they hate people.....well, other people, they have very high opinions of themselves....

Uh, guy, the TVA isn't "Green" technology. the TVA was developed during the 1930's at a time when most of the rural south wasn't even electrified. And yes, this 80 year old grid is having problems, very little of which has to do with solar or wind or other renewables.

One could argue that hydroelectric is a renewable, but it comes with it's own list of drawbacks.

But But....
Under your God and Namesake "Joe", the Left has spent over 100 TRILLION TRILLION TRILLIONN on INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS ???????
Where are they?
Anyone seen any of those Billion $$ per hour infrastructure improvements the Left passed, taxed us all for and promised ?
I haven't

Forum List

Back