The rights of many vs the rights of one, what to do?

It's just been reported that the Oslo terrorist is boasting about two other "cells" in his terrorist group. That poses a serious threat to life and liberty for many people.
Gee.....I guess you haven't been paying-attention. :eusa_eh:

"Our purpose," the document reads, is to "seize political and military control of Western European countries and implement a cultural conservative political agenda."

The New "Workers' Party"
(A Subsidiary Of Stormfront.)​

Well I'm not in the military or law enforcement business so I can no more prove it works that you can disprove it. And yes in "certain" circumstances I believe extreme measures should be used if it provides for the safety of the public at large.

It's just been reported that the Oslo terrorist is boasting about two other "cells" in his terrorist group. That poses a serious threat to life and liberty for many people.

Now we come full circle in the torture debate.

Read him his rights and risk the deaths of dozens more children or pull his fingernails to get the info and save untold deaths?
This is always, in my opinion, a very stupid question.

If you wish to torture someone, go right ahead and do it. And then throw yourself on the mercy of the court. If your actions are justifiable then you will probably become a hero. If not you will serve your time in prison.

There is no reason to legalize torture.

Yes, that is very sad. That's not even a year for each life he stole.

Why can't he get 21 years for each of the 80 people he killed? That's fair.
Yeah....you "conservatives" have always put a high-priority on.....

handjob.gif

Read him his rights and risk the deaths of dozens more children or pull his fingernails to get the info and save untold deaths?

If you wish to torture someone, go right ahead and do it. And then throw yourself on the mercy of the court. If your actions are justifiable then you will probably become a hero. If not you will serve your time in prison.

That seems like a reasonable response. What would you do or "ignore" if lives could be saved in this case?

That seems like a reasonable response. What would you do or "ignore" if lives could be saved in this case?

There will never be one instance in humankind history where we know torture and torture alone will lead to saving lives.

That's all cozy and warm. I say this animal deserves to be treated like an animal if it might save other lives. And don't give me that it won't work bs. He's not some pain defying James Bond trained in the art of defying torture.

So you've never interrogated a prisoner and all you base your opinion on are movies and TV shows. Is that correct?
Your animal analogy is also wrong. Feed and water, brush, walk and play with a dog and he'll do whatever you want, beat him and he'll do one of two things. Cower and piss himself or tear your throat out; neither is a postive result.
And the fact that it provided the information that led to the capture of Bin Laden.

That's all cozy and warm. I say this animal deserves to be treated like an animal if it might save other lives. And don't give me that it won't work bs. He's not some pain defying James Bond trained in the art of defying torture.

So you've never interrogated a prisoner and all you base your opinion on are movies and TV shows. Is that correct?
Your animal analogy is also wrong. Feed and water, brush, walk and play with a dog and he'll do whatever you want, beat him and he'll do one of two things. Cower and piss himself or tear your throat out; neither is a postive result.

Stop with the tabloid accusations. Torture has been continually used throughout human history. Practices that don't produce results don't last for centuries.

Besides this topic isn't about weather it works its about what one man's rights are when lives are in the balance.

Torture is more about the torturer then getting the 'truth'; that it has been used throughout human history poroves nothing other than mans' propensity for revenge, retribution and callousness. When lives are in the balance one uses the most effective tools, torture is not one of them.

Yes, that is very sad. That's not even a year for each life he stole.

Why can't he get 21 years for each of the 80 people he killed? That's fair.
Yeah....you "conservatives" have always put a high-priority on.....

handjob.gif

what's not fair about that asshole. He methodically killed each and every person he should be tried for each and every murder. that is fair.

Stop with the tabloid accusations. Torture has been continually used throughout human history. Practices that don't produce results don't last for centuries.

Besides this topic isn't about weather it works its about what one man's rights are when lives are in the balance.

Torture is more about the torturer then getting the 'truth'; that it has been used throughout human history poroves nothing other than mans' propensity for revenge, retribution and callousness. When lives are in the balance one uses the most effective tools, torture is not one of them.

I'm glad libturds are willing to risk thousands of lives for the sake of claiming the high ground. just as long as it isn't their lives huh?? you the same way with our money too honey.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the fact that it provided the information that led to the capture of Bin Laden.

Is that a fact or your opinion? Provide the evidence from a couple of credible sources, if you please.

Is that a fact or your opinion? Provide the evidence from a couple of credible sources, if you please.

It's already been done to death all over this board in the Bin Laden threads.

There will never be one instance in humankind history where we know torture and torture alone will lead to saving lives.

McCain gave up intel when he was tortured.
John McCain: Torture Worked on Me

BinLadens couriers name was given under it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUcvUwkvfII&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪Does Torture Ever Work? Keith Olbermann vs the Facts!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Does torture work? | The Economist

I'm glad libturds are willing to risk thousands of lives for the sake of claiming the high ground. just as long as it isn't their lives huh?? you the same way with our money too honey.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When did it become "conservative" to give government whatever power they wanted so they could torture people?

"Boy oh boy I favor liberty and freedom, so I want people tortured before they're found guilty of anything!!!"

I don't see how anyone can justify torture - or the death penalty - and claim to be in favor of a "smaller" government.

If the government can't do anything right, why would you trust them with these decisions? Why would you support the government having the power to kill or torture?

We are talking smaller Federal government. The states can get as big as they want and afford, and we can move to another state if we don't like it. The death penalty should be a state issue and the only federal involvement is it's constitutionality. It's been decided it's constitutional and from here on it is imposed and carried out by each individual state. If the state decides it wants or doesn't want the death penalty it's up to them. The smaller the Federal gov the better.

I don't see how anyone can justify torture - or the death penalty - and claim to be in favor of a "smaller" government.

If the government can't do anything right, why would you trust them with these decisions? Why would you support the government having the power to kill or torture?

We are talking smaller Federal government. The states can get as big as they want and afford, and we can move to another state if we don't like it. The death penalty should be a state issue and the only federal involvement is it's constitutionality. It's been decided it's constitutional and from here on it is imposed and carried out by each individual state. If the state decides it wants or doesn't want the death penalty it's up to them. The smaller the Federal gov the better.

I don't understand what makes an over-reaching state government somehow better than an over-reaching federal government.

It's accepted as fact that the Federal government is incompetent. Why do you assume that States are any better? They're certainly no less corrupt.

I wonder if they have the "death penalty" in Norway.

Well, if they don't now, I suspect they will soon.

Torture, both physical or psychological, is a very effective way of getting people to say whatever it is they think you want them to say.

Ask just about most husbands!

Or...if you happen to be interogating YOUR husband, just tell him what you want him to say.

He'll agree to pretty much anything you say if it will get you to shut up and let him watch the game.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back