The Rich Don't Create Jobs

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
Straight from the horses mouth. A multi-millionaire describing how backwards it is to give the rich tax breaks to create jobs. It's a terrible idea that has never been shown to work anywhere but the parrots continue to refer to it.

Raise Taxes on Rich to Reward True Job Creators: Nick Hanauer - Businessweek

"That’s why I can say with confidence that rich people don’t create jobs, nor do businesses, large or small. What does lead to more employment is the feedback loop between customers and businesses. And only consumers can set in motion a virtuous cycle that allows companies to survive and thrive and business owners to hire. An ordinary middle-class consumer is far more of a job creator than I ever have been or ever will be."

Bonus points to the first idiot who says, "nothing is stopping him from sending more money to the government".

I agree 100% with this, as would anyone with a understanding of economics. There is no trickle down. It trickles to corporate coffers or to investor pockets (which mostly means the banking cartels).

Taxes should target capital, as an incentive to spend it back into the economy. For a business one of the most efficient ways to do this is through the hiring process. While I dont think any business should be taxed, except for excise taxes, the tax on capital should follow down to the investors until it hits a real living person. Putting the taxes on where the capital is an instrument of equality. It is an incentive to pay better, or the tax dollars can be used to fund infrastructure, which is jobs.

Most people parrot the corporate liberal mantra, because it is a mantra that is supported by all of the MSM, it is supported by both parties, and it is supported by anyone in government with power.

Ron Paul 2012, its time to drain the swamp.

Straight from the horses mouth. A multi-millionaire describing how backwards it is to give the rich tax breaks to create jobs. It's a terrible idea that has never been shown to work anywhere but the parrots continue to refer to it.

"That’s why I can say with confidence that rich people don’t create jobs, nor do businesses, large or small. What does lead to more employment is the feedback loop between customers and businesses. And only consumers can set in motion a virtuous cycle that allows companies to survive and thrive and business owners to hire. An ordinary middle-class consumer is far more of a job creator than I ever have been or ever will be."

Bonus points to the first idiot who says, "nothing is stopping him from sending more money to the government".

While I completely disagree with tax breaks for the "job creators", let's face it, the poor create even fewer jobs than they do...

Demand was artificially propped up for years with easy credit. People are temporarily wiser to the debt trap, both lender and borrower. Not sure there is any quick fix for a suddenly smarter and cautious consumer base and jobs will not come back until people start stupidly spending again.

The annual earnings of people like me are hundreds, if not thousands, of times greater than those of the average American, but we don’t buy hundreds or thousands of times more stuff. My family owns three cars, not 3,000. I buy a few pairs of pants and a few shirts a year, just like most American men. Like everyone else, I go out to eat with friends and family only occasionally.

It should be so obvious

Multi millionaires love beating up on "high income earners" because they aren't really part of that. They've already made their money. If Warren Buffet earned $1 a year for the rest of his life he would still be among the 4 richest men in America.
Only lib-retards fall for crap like this when they see it.
Job creation takes capital. Rich people have capital. They invest their money directly or indirectly and capital flows to the real creators, entrepreneurs and other middle class and rising people.
No surprise a retard like RDD would fall for this. He walks around with a "kick me I'm stupid" sign on his back.

The smart entrepreneur will create a product or service that is superior to his/her competition. He will have done his research into what the consumer wants and will invest his capital into starting a company/corporation to produce that product or service. As his company realizes more revenues, he will hire additional employees to meet the demands of the consumers. He will continue to innovate as his company grows. That's how mine have been successful.

By all means, please inform if there are other methods or endeavors that are profitable. I'm always open to new ideas.

While I completely disagree with tax breaks for the "job creators", let's face it, the poor create even fewer jobs than they do...

We're talking about the working middle class, the people who make money and spend it. The true driving force behind the economy, product demand and job creation.

Everybody knows that the OWS crowd, you know, the living in Mommy's basement crowd, are the real job creators!

The annual earnings of people like me are hundreds, if not thousands, of times greater than those of the average American, but we don’t buy hundreds or thousands of times more stuff. My family owns three cars, not 3,000. I buy a few pairs of pants and a few shirts a year, just like most American men. Like everyone else, I go out to eat with friends and family only occasionally.

It should be so obvious

What family owns 3,000 cars? His income might be $35,000,000?

:lol:

The smart entrepreneur will create a product or service that is superior to his/her competition. He will have done his research into what the consumer wants and will invest his capital into starting a company/corporation to produce that product or service. As his company realizes more revenues, he will hire additional employees to meet the demands of the consumers. He will continue to innovate as his company grows. That's how mine have been successful.

By all means, please inform if there are other methods or endeavors that are profitable. I'm always open to new ideas.

Right!

Jobs are created as consumers spend. Which drives profits, which drives innovation. It's a cycle. A cycle that is powered by consumer spending ability.

Capital can be taken for granted. Consumer demand can't.

Capital accumulation and consumer demand are inversely proportional. The more nearly equal income becomes, the more consumer demand exists. The more UNequal income is, the more capital accumulates.

Capital will be invested in productive investments only to the extent that consumer demand justifies it. Capital that accumulates above that amount is invested in financial instruments that shuffle money around from one person to another, but do not create any actual wealth.

In a capitalist economy, the tendency is for capital accumulation to outstrip consumer demand.

Government policy therefore needs to be aimed at narrowing income gaps, not widening them.

Of course they create jobs - who the fuck do idiots think has all the money to invest?? the idiot that makes 17k a year???

I suppose one could argue demand creates jobs, however at the end of the day its the rich who have the money to meet those demands. That demand for a product or service creates the jobs and its the wealthy individual that has the money to supply those goods and services...

The problem with the export you are citing is that he admits he has created jobs:

I’m a very rich person. As an entrepreneur and venture capitalist, I’ve started or helped get off the ground dozens of companies in industries including manufacturing, retail, medical services, the Internet and software. I founded the Internet media company aQuantive Inc., which was acquired by Microsoft Corp. in 2007 for $6.4 billion. I was also the first non-family investor in Amazon.com Inc.

. . .

I can start a business based on a great idea, and initially hire dozens or hundreds of people.

It should be so obvious

What family owns 3,000 cars? His income might be $35,000,000?

:lol:

Not surprising that the point went right over your head.

Take 35,000,000 and give it to in one person or spread it out among 1000 people. The single person only needs so much and will only spend a fraction of what the 1000 people will spend with the same amount of money. That wealth spread across the consumers is what will drive spending which is what will spur the economy and create jobs.

This class warfare shit has got to stop!

Why are you liberals so intent on hating the rich?

I will say for the thousandth time..... when is the last time a poor man gave any of you a job?

Oh nevermind.... dont answer, bc I could really care less.
You are all a bunch of idiots as far as I am concerned.

The problem with the export you are citing is that he admits he has created jobs:

I’m a very rich person. As an entrepreneur and venture capitalist, I’ve started or helped get off the ground dozens of companies in industries including manufacturing, retail, medical services, the Internet and software. I founded the Internet media company aQuantive Inc., which was acquired by Microsoft Corp. in 2007 for $6.4 billion. I was also the first non-family investor in Amazon.com Inc.

. . .

I can start a business based on a great idea, and initially hire dozens or hundreds of people.

Weird, why did you delete the very next line? Here let me include that for you.

"Even so, I’ve never been a “job creator.” I can start a business based on a great idea, and initially hire dozens or hundreds of people. But if no one can afford to buy what I have to sell, my business will soon fail and all those jobs will evaporate."

Not surprising that the point went right over your head.

Take 35,000,000 and give it to in one person or spread it out among 1000 people. The single person only needs so much and will only spend a fraction of what the 1000 people will spend with the same amount of money. That wealth spread across the consumers is what will drive spending which is what will spur the economy and create jobs.

Well SHIT.... lets just kill the rich people and take ALL OF THEIR MONEY!!!

You fucking jackass!

This class warfare shit has got to stop!

Why are you liberals so intent on hating the rich?

I will say for the thousandth time..... when is the last time a poor man gave any of you a job?

Oh nevermind.... dont answer, bc I could really care less.
You are all a bunch of idiots as far as I am concerned.

Tell us about the company you created and sold for a billion dollars. This should be a riveting story.

Forum List

Back