The Revelation of Jesus Christ - Last Book of The Bible

Jeremiah Revelation is a hard book, I have studied it far more than any other book. And truth be told, I learned more about the book, in the fictional Christian stories of the Left Behind series. They matched up the prophesies with what they thought their meaning was, and it helped me to learn more about the book.

I know you are very knowledgeable about the Bible, and I would like to read your insight on the book instead of just re-reading the KJV. It would be helpful to me in my walk, and would let some others get a better handle on the book, and what some of the meanings are, like, the bride referred to as the Church, because many here might not know that meaning.

Just a suggestion, if you have the time. Thanks for your hard work and faithfulness, there are some of us, that you help to keep on the narrow road.

Thank you for your reply, Ulysses. I can tell you what I believe the Word of God is as it is revealed to me but the Holy Spirit is the revelator of Scripture.

In Matthew 24:14 Jesus tells us that when the word is preached to every nation then shall the end come.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to all nations and then shall the end come. - Matt 24:14

In Revelation we see the literal revelation of Jesus Christ unfolding before the very world! Yet if I understand what you are saying here:

You are asking what about those who did not hear the Gospel? This is an example of the word being multi - faceted or multi dimensional. Matt. 24:14 Perhaps someone in a NK prison dies in there without ever hearing the Gospel. I see two answers to this in Revelation - the first is that those who are martyred for Christ are the only ones to share in the rule and reigning with Christ for a thousand years - who are we ruling and reigning over? There must be people. Yes. You see, even Satan is loosed yet again for a short time after the thousand year reign closes - to deceive the world yet again! It's in there. Yes.

Also in Rev. the dead are judged from books - not one book - we are also told they are judged by their works. Now let us go back to the beginning to understand the ending. The beginning is with the patriarchs of the faith - Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Yet they received not the promise. Where were they? Where was Samuel? In the grave. But where? In paradise. How do we know this? Because Lazarus was seen in the bosom of Abraham by the rich man and the rich man could not cross over - nor could Lazarus - to give one drop of water. How do I know they were baptized when Christ went down into hell to take the keys to hell and death? Because there was water there and Christ did baptize his disciples. Why would he not do the same for his prophets awaiting him in paradise when he defeated Satan at the cross? What did Jesus say to the man on the cross who was a thief?

Verily, verily, you shall be with me in paradise this day. (but Jesus didn't go to heaven until 43 days later) And so he was. He died and went down below the earth to paradise and he was given the Gospel with those who had awaited the promise all those years and they received Christ, were baptized and entered heaven afterwards. Christ ascended from the grave on the 3rd day but walked on the earth for 40 more days appearing to over 500 persons before ascending to heaven in the presence of his disciples.

Jesus Christ is a righteous judge and will reward each person accordingly. There is no doubt in my mind to this because I know that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Samuel, David, Isaiah are in heaven as I write this. Yet they had died before Christ was crucified and the Gospel had been preached. Amen? So the same shall be in the end as it was in the beginning - in my own understanding of the last book of the Bible.

I just thought of Matthew Chapter 22 and I believe the Holy Spirit was reminding me of that chapter for you. Matthew 22 is where the wide road church is shut out of the wedding banquet and Jesus commands his servants to leave those ones and go out to the highways and the byways and invite the good and the bad to come in - and they do.

Last edited:
I will tell you the story as the there is a reason the Holy Spirit is bringing this up right now, Ulysses. Years ago when I was newly married I was reading my husband Matthew 22 Chapter which is the story of the Wedding Banquet. As I read it to him I told him I know the LORD has given me the revelation of this. These ones who were invited were part of the church - they were mean spirited, attacked the servants, murdered them, slandered them, because they didn't like the message the servants were sent to give them.

They were busy with their own things, ministries even... I told my husband the LORD is showing me that the King sent his armies to destroy them and then He sent his servants out to the highways and byways to invite the good and the bad in and they said yes!

This troubled my husband a good deal and the next day he called me as I was driving down the highway and said, if this is true, you are telling me that the church went to hell! Christians went to hell? I said, yes, that is what He showed me. Then he said well, wasn't there any Christians that made it into heaven? I asked the LORD, he wants to know wasn't there any Christians that made it into heaven? The LORD gave me the answer for my husband. He said, yes. My servants that I sent out. (those were the Christians that made it)

He used to believe in that wide road gospel but after being married to me all these years he doesn't believe in that anymore. He is sitting here next to me as I read this to him and he laughed. Have a nice evening, Ulysses!

It may have been placed last in the bible, but it's not the last book written. John wrote his gospel and epistles afterwards. I believe Jude was also written later

According to LDS Scripture, Joseph Smith received a revelation on the meaning of several passages in the Book of Revelation. In particular I find the following to most helpful in understanding the Revelation of John:

Doctrine and Covenants 77:
6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals?
A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.
7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed?
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

It may have been placed last in the bible, but it's not the last book written. John wrote his gospel and epistles afterwards. I believe Jude was also written later

The Bible is not in chonological order, Avatar. The Revelation of Jesus Christ was placed in the correct place. Last Book of the Bible.

According to LDS Scripture, Joseph Smith received a revelation on the meaning of several passages in the Book of Revelation. In particular I find the following to most helpful in understanding the Revelation of John:

Doctrine and Covenants 77:
6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals?
A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.
7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed?
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

Joseph Smith was a false prophet. He has nothing to do with the Revelation of Jesus Christ (or any other book of the Bible). Please stay on topic and take Mormon discussions to another thread. Thank you.

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.

Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

And had a wall great and high, and twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:10,11,12

On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates and on the west three gates, And the wall of the city had the twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:13

And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof,

And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:15,16

And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:17

And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius, the seventh, chyrsolite, the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chyrsoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:18,19,20

And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:21

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:22

And the city had no need of the sun, neither the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it; and the Lamb is the light thereof.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:23

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it; and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night time there.

And they shall bring the glory and the honour of the nations into it.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie, but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 21:24-27

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 22:1-5

Forum List

Back