The Republicans are getting desperate..

yeah, what's a random act of violence here or there, really?

whatever he did, he did when he was young at a time of incredible turbulance. The person I knew had a very, very responsible position, smoked cigars and drove a caddy, and was very well respected. When he died, the turnout for his memorial service was massive.

The point is that I was much more interested in how he lost his draft deferral because of his anti-war activism than I ever was in exactly what that activism consisted of.

Obama was born August 4, 1961.

I highly doubt Obama had any ties to a terrorist when he was 7.

Hey DUmmie, this particular terrorist has never recanted, matter of fact just recently he has stated a sadness that he didn't do more, and still Obamalama hangs out with him.. he is still a terrorist.

Yet some righties are so stupid they won't vote for a guy because his middle name is Hussein and his last name is one letter away from Osama....talk about monkey shit...

keep believing that, Jeramiah Wrighteousness convinced me.

whatever he did, he did when he was young at a time of incredible turbulance. The person I knew had a very, very responsible position, smoked cigars and drove a caddy, and was very well respected. When he died, the turnout for his memorial service was massive.

The point is that I was much more interested in how he lost his draft deferral because of his anti-war activism than I ever was in exactly what that activism consisted of.

thanks for clearing that up. as long as he smoked cigars and drove a caddy it's all good. 99% of the people who belonged to SDS were probably the same.

bill ayers, however, set bombs and people died. he said that he wished he had done more. i wouldn't associate with him if he did this when i was 8, 18 or 80. he said he wished he had done more on the front page of the NYT in 2001, that would be when Mr Obama was 40.

clearly, i'm benighted and Mr Obama isn't.

I have seen people on this very board insinuate that regarding his name, let alone some ijits vox popped on NBC and ABC saying such. To be fair, they came across as white trash ijits, but still, they get to vote...

well, actually I agree with you. His middle name is not a reason to dislike him. But remember from where that came? Hillary Clinton. But like I said Wright did it for me. I was done done done.

Hey DUmmie, this particular terrorist has never recanted, matter of fact just recently he has stated a sadness that he didn't do more, and still Obamalama hangs out with him.. he is still a terrorist.

Really? Got any proof of Obama "still hanging out with him" other than circumstantial crap that Obama launched his US Senate Campaign back 4 years ago with the guy?

Really? Got any proof of Obama "still hanging out with him" other than circumstantial crap that Obama launched his US Senate Campaign back 4 years ago with the guy?

got any proof that he isn't? other than he is too busy? Like I believe he sat in that church for 20 years and didn't hear a word of Jeramiah Wrighteousness' bs either. yep

thanks for clearing that up. as long as he smoked cigars and drove a caddy it's all good. 99% of the people who belonged to SDS were probably the same.

bill ayers, however, set bombs and people died. he said that he wished he had done more. i wouldn't associate with him if he did this when i was 8, 18 or 80. he said he wished he had done more on the front page of the NYT in 2001, that would be when Mr Obama was 40.

Now Obama has to be held, if not responsible, but guilty by assocation for something somebody said seven years ago?

Is Donald Rumsfeld responsible for Iraq because he shook hand with Sadman in 1984?

Now Obama has to be held, if not responsible, but guilty by assocation for something somebody said seven years ago?

Is Donald Rumsfeld responsible for Iraq because he shook hand with Sadman in 1984?

i think it speaks to Obama's judgment and character, not that it makes him guilty.

and, yes, i believe Rumsfeld is responsible for our being in iraq, along with others of his ilk.

sorry for the multiple edits; i had that beer.

Last edited:
he's out of a job, isn't he? and, yes, i believe he is responsible for our being in iraq, along with others of his ilk.

Oh, I agree he is responsible for you being in Iraq, but i was asking was he responible for Sadman because he met him 24 years ago? I say no. Sadman is responsible. That aside, some guy talking to a paper seven years ago has nothing to do with Obama..

Are you sure that McCain and Palin are one the same page?

PALIN on the issues
  • Non-support of anything but traditional marriage.
  • Vetoed bill denying benefits to gays, as unconstitutional. (Aug 2008)
  • Comply with same-sex partner benefits despite disagreement. (Dec 2006)
  • Special legislative session on same-sex health benefits. (Nov 2006)
  • Ok to deny benefits to homosexual couples. (Aug 2006)
  • No spousal benefits for same-sex couples. (Jul 2006)
From the debate (granting same-sex benefits to couples?)- Palin: "But in that tolerance also, no one would ever propose, not in a McCain-Palin administration, to do anything to prohibit, say, visitations in a hospital or contracts being signed, negotiated between parties." Transcript of Palin, Biden debate - CNN.com
  • Smoked marijuana when it was legal under Alaska law: :eusa_whistle:
  • Opposes legalizing marijuana, but meth is greater threat :cuckoo:

From the debate -PALIN: "No, no. Of course, we know what a vice president does. And that's not only to preside over the Senate and will take that position very seriously also. I'm thankful the Constitution would allow a bit more authority given to the vice president if that vice president so chose to exert it in working with the Senate and making sure that we are supportive of the president's policies and making sure too that our president understands what our strengths are. John McCain and I have had good conversations about where I would lead with his agenda. That is energy independence in America and reform of government over all, and then working with families of children with special needs. That's near and dear to my heart also. In those arenas, John McCain has already tapped me and said, that's where I want you, I want you to lead. I said, I can't wait to get and there go to work with you." Transcript of Palin, Biden debate - CNN.com

If you want to see more - go look them up yourself! :doubt:

Sarah Palin on the Issues

Transcript of Palin, Biden debate - CNN.com

My point is, that I don't believe in guilt by association. I'm not a right winger because my father is. I'm not a "terrorist sympathizer" because my boss was SDS when he was a kid anymore than I was entitled to kudos for the honors he had later in life.

As for Ayers... Del, you're a smart guy. You know what politics are and how it makes strange bedfellows. If any politically powerful person is required to run down the list of their "associates", there are going to be some unsavory people there. For me, the ultimate question is... will those unsavory people affect policy. I don't think Obama's will... I think McCain's undoubtedly already have.

So there ya go.

And we both know this is only being done now because the McCain camp is desperate.

Oh, I agree he is responsible for you being in Iraq, but i was asking was he responible for Sadman because he met him 24 years ago? I say no. Sadman is responsible. That aside, some guy talking to a paper seven years ago has nothing to do with Obama..

we'll have to agree to disagree on this, i guess. ayers is in the same category as the rev. wright; a big part of obama's life until it became politically expedient to throw him under the bus, IMO. hey, it's only rock n roll.

My point is, that I don't believe in guilt by association. I'm not a right winger because my father is. I'm not a "terrorist sympathizer" because my boss was SDS when he was a kid anymore than I was entitled to kudos for the honors he had later in life.

As for Ayers... Del, you're a smart guy. You know what politics are and how it makes strange bedfellows. If any politically powerful person is required to run down the list of their "associates", there are going to be some unsavory people there. For me, the ultimate question is... will those unsavory people affect policy. I don't think Obama's will... I think McCain's undoubtedly already have.

So there ya go.

And we both know this is only being done now because the McCain camp is desperate.

i thought it was carry over from Hillary's campaign. ;)

from what i've seen, neither candidate is going to be anything more or less than "politics as usual" in the long run. lucky us.

i thought it was carry over from Hillary's campaign. ;)

from what i've seen, neither candidate is going to be anything more or less than "politics as usual" in the long run. lucky us.

In many ways that's true with respect to certain issues which simply go to power politics. But I guess it depends on the issues that matter. For some people, it's taxes because they're in the top 1%. For me, it was initially about the Courts. I'm offended by the way the right has tried to change what judicial review and constitutional construction are. Those things matter to me. I'm offended by the anti-intellectual positions taken by the right ... the ones that try to blur the line between science and religion... And I think EVERYONE should be offended by a party who lived off of the national credit card all the while "cutting" taxes for corporations and rich people under the false premise that the wealthy would toss a bone to poorer people if they had more... despite all evidence to the contrary.

Anyway, with all of those real issues, what Obama's associate did when Obama was 8 years old is so way down in terms of priority that I thinhk it's beyond silliness to even be discussing it.

As for it being leftover from Hillary's campaign, I doubt we'll ever know who started the whispering campaign... same as we won't know who started the whispering campaign that got Bush the governorship of Texas and got Richards tossed.

got any proof that he isn't? other than he is too busy? Like I believe he sat in that church for 20 years and didn't hear a word of Jeramiah Wrighteousness' bs either. yep

hahahaha -- that's like saying "Sarah Palin would make a good leader!" Then me saying, "Show me evidence of that." Then you reply, "Prove that she's not!"

You can't answer my question so you try to turn it around on me, when you're the one making the accusation in the first place. Come on USMessageBoard, show me an intellectual conservative... or is that an oxymoron?

you not follow what i said? i was 2 when my BOSS was SDS... same as Obama was 8 when Ayers was doing HIS thing.

I followed what you said. You know what Jill, I take in the information that is out there and I make my own mind up unlike you who likes to be told what to think by people who are smarter than you. Take a look at when they worked together on CAC, when he held the kickoff for Obama's state senate campaign and then square that to Ayer's comments in 2001 that there should have been more bombs. No, I am not going to spoon feed you any information, I think it would be a good exercise for you.

As someone who aspires to be the next President, his character is fair game. Nobody in that position is above scrutiny for any reason.... same thing goes for McCain. Bring it on.

When McCain came back from Vietnam, he cheated repeatedly on his crippled wife, and then divorced her to marry Cindy Hensley. In the 1980's McCain lobbied for Charles Keating, the saving and loan felon who stole billions in pension money, and took numerous jet set vacations at Keating's expense. His campaigns for the Senate were all financed with his wife Cindy's mob money. In 1994 Cindy McCain forged prescriptions in the names of her employees and stole drugs from her own charity. McCain's campaign this year is getting huge amounts of oil company money. His pick for vice president is under an ethics investigation and will probably be recommeded for indictment in October. McCain is 72 years old, has had cancer 5 times and is on 5 different medications.

Forum List

Back