The Republican history they think blacks don't know

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by IM2, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,921
    No WT, I'm not stupid nor am I ignorant of US History. It seems you only echo the propaganda of those who choose to rewrite history. That's sad, and also toxic.

LIes such as this one you posted, is a lie by both commission and omission. It belies the evolution of the Democratic Party beginning in 1948. I suggest you study the history of civil rights before you further embarrass yourself.

2. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    It's a good damn thing the vulgarity doesn't fucking matter as far as making a shitload of difference.:21:

Of course I wasn't asking for clarification, I don't need any of your garbage, and I don't require you to agree with anything.
    Thanks for the opportunity to clear that little piece of history up.

(Edit for clarification)
    It wouldn't matter if you wanted to believe the Holy Bible and all the writings that may support it.
    The truth (and more importantly history, because it has already happened and there isn't anything you can do about that) is not dependent on your beliefs or interpretation.
    Whatever you think, believe, or argue, is never going to change what is true ... And that my friend is a fact.

Leaving yesterday, and changing to tomorrow is the only way you can reshape history, because at that point it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  3. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,921
    I'm presupposed to push the funny button, but given your arrogant post I'll elaborated, briefly.

History is recorded, and the victor (since much of recorded history is about conflict) is recorded one way, and the defeated another (our Civil War is a prime example). My point is, history is history (that is a tautology) and recorded history is mostly subjective. However, the "Ministry of Truth" is that on steroids, history rewritten decades after the event to support by those who benefit from this subjective iteration.

4. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,921
    I'm presupposed to push the funny button, but given your arrogant post I'll elaborated, briefly.

History is recorded, and the victor (since much of recorded history is about conflict) is recorded one way, and the defeated another (our Civil War is a prime example). My point is, history is history (that is a tautology) and recorded history is mostly subjective. However, the "Ministry of Truth" is that on steroids, history rewritten decades after the event to support by those who benefit from this subjective iteration.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    You can think I am arrogant if you so feel like it, but that is a testament to nothing more than how I make you feel.

History happens. People record it and rerecord it to suit whatever purpose they want to make it serve. My point is that it doesn't make a difference as far as history is concerned, and that if you have any difficulties with any of it, that is because you want something it can provide you with. None of that changes what really happened.

If you are going to learn from history, then you cannot pick and choose what particular version you want to use. The problem has everything to do with why anyone needs different versions (whatever version they may need). Until the rest of y'all manage to negate the fact that what you want is what makes one version more desirable to you than the other, you are going to keep repeating history.

Leave Yesterday, build tomorrow without the crap you left behind (we aren't waiting for you). Sorry if it sounds vague, I tried to post it in the shortest manner, instead of taking paragraphs to explain how history is important up to the point it helps identify the baggage you don't need to carry with you into the future.

6. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,921
    I agree, it is vague. Not quite word salad, but close.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    I understand why it is vague. It requires you to cut loose racial division that shackles you (and a bunch of other people) to the past, and you're probably one of the people that just isn't ready for that. You'll probably be thinking about all the ways we can address problems created by a bunch of people a long time ago, for a while. How those problems persist to some degree today, and all the possibilities we could examine to ensure better result for those who suffer. For the most part, it's probably what will keep you (and a bunch of other people) fighting about race for at least another couple of centuries.

Meanwhile, I've have no use for race (outside of embracing how someone may want to celebrate their culture), and have met a bunch of other people that are more interested in doing stuff that doesn't have a dang thing to do with anyone's race, or a bunch of crud that happened a long time ago. We're not ignoring what happened, it just doesn't serve a purpose that accomplishes anything towards our goals. If we are lucky, maybe y'all won't go back to killing each other over that crud.

And for the record, I am not saying what I think is better, unless it just happens to be better to purposely leave race out of the equation as an essential central component in deciding direction. Myself. and some other people, have learned from history, that using race in deciding direction never really works out well for someone, and one way or another causes the same crud it always has. We also learned there are always going to be people that think they can fix what they keep breaking.