The Republican history they think blacks don't know

Don't be butthurt because the republican lie you guys have tried telling has got busted. You want black votes? Get rid of the racist base, stop pushing unqualified uncle toms unto leadership or making them spokespeople, change your polices and face the reality of modern racism.

I am not hurtful and don't care what Republicans say. I am not a politician and don't need or want anyone's vote. I'm not racist, no matter what the you may say or think. I haven't pushed anyone on anybody, and the people I offer leadership potions earned them no matter what race they are. There's nothing wrong with my policies, and I really don't care if you decide to drag you shackles into the new millennia.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
These events are part of republican history and are major reasons blacks left the party.

1876 US ELECTION: The Corrupt Bargain -- Republicans (Hayes) made a back room deal with the Democrats to gain control of the Presidency

The period after the Civil War, 1865 - 1877, was called the Reconstruction period. Abraham Lincoln started planning for the reconstruction of the South during the Civil War as Union soldiers occupied huge areas of the South.

Tilden-Slide.jpg

The Compromise of 1876 and the removal of federal troops from the South by order of President Rutherford B. Hayes on May 1, 1877 ended Reconstruction. Reconstruction was the time between 1865 and 1877 when the federal government set the laws in which the southern states were allowed to be readmitted back into the United States. All former Confederate states were admitted back into the country by 1870.

FACT: The Republicans (Hayes) sold out African Americans in the South to gain power of the White House.

I am a republicans and it is true that I think that the vast majority of blacks do not know the particulars of that political deal.

However, I think the vast majority of blacks have a general understanding that, in the past, a lot of shady political deals of all kinds were done, and that quite often they got fucked.

The blacks did started switching parties during FDR's New Deal. Social Programs to help the poor and unemployed were to much of a draw, they had to support them even though they knew the dems were the party of racism.

So, your point is wrong.

Not completely. First of all the thing about the flood is fascinating and I haven't seen that article before.

African Americans did start switching to the Democratic Party during the New Deal- frankly I don't know whether they considered the Democrats the 'party of racism' then- I suspect that they considered both parties to be the parties of racism considering that neither party was doing much to help African Americans at the time.

But the New Deal did help African Americans- and then during the war, FDR opened up employment in the war industry to African Americans and that was huge. And of course Eleanor was a very public advocate for rights for African Americans and pushed hard for their rights, even when the men from both parties didn't want to do much of anything.

These events are part of republican history and are major reasons blacks left the party.

1876 US ELECTION: The Corrupt Bargain -- Republicans (Hayes) made a back room deal with the Democrats to gain control of the Presidency

The period after the Civil War, 1865 - 1877, was called the Reconstruction period. Abraham Lincoln started planning for the reconstruction of the South during the Civil War as Union soldiers occupied huge areas of the South.

Tilden-Slide.jpg

The Compromise of 1876 and the removal of federal troops from the South by order of President Rutherford B. Hayes on May 1, 1877 ended Reconstruction. Reconstruction was the time between 1865 and 1877 when the federal government set the laws in which the southern states were allowed to be readmitted back into the United States. All former Confederate states were admitted back into the country by 1870.

FACT: The Republicans (Hayes) sold out African Americans in the South to gain power of the White House.

1927 Great Mississippi River Flood: Republicans (Hoover) made a back room deal with Robert Russa Moton and then experienced selective amnesia...

The final Report of the Colored Advisory Commission Appointed with The American National Red Cross and the President's Committee on Relief Work in the Mississippi Valley Flood disaster of 1927. Extremely scarce copy, owned by The Freeman Institute Black History Collection. The American National Red Cross, Washington DC, 1927 (illustrated 30 pages). Less than a month after the nation's biggest flood disaster, a 17-member commission of prominent African Americans, led by Tuskegee Institute's Robert Moton submitted their report on the disaster. They had been charged with learning whether African American victims of the flood were subject to discrimination "in matters of treatment, living conditions, work details, and relief given."

BACKGROUND: Secretary of Commerce during the Coolidge administration, Herbert Hoover had his eye on the presidency. When President Coolidge placed Hoover in command of all flood relief operations during the disaster, it seemed to be the perfect vehicle to raise his national profile and revive his reputation as the "Great Humanitarian." Drawing on lessons he had learned feeding the starving European victims of World War I, Hoover swept into action. He cut through bureaucratic red tape, got aid to victims devastated by the flood and was dubbed a hero by the national press. There was only one thing that could tarnish Hoover's glowing image -- the treatment of African Americans in the Washington County levee camps. Hoover had visited the area and had approved the local flood relief committee's decision, under the leadership of Will Percy, to keep the African American refugees on the levee.

Moton-ColoredAdvisoryCommission-NewOrleans%20--%20250pix.jpg

Moton's Final Report
But as conditions deteriorated in the camps, word slowly filtered North, and the scandal threatened to derail Hoover's presidential ambitions. Hoover's friends urged him to get what they called "the big Negroes" in the Republican Party to quiet his critics, and Hoover turned to Robert Moton for the job. Hoover formed the Colored Advisory Commission, led by Moton and staffed by prominent African Americans, to investigate the allegations of abuses in the flood area. The commission conducted a thorough investigation and reported back to Moton on the deplorable conditions. Moton presented the findings to Hoover, and advocated immediate improvements to aid the flood's neediest victims.

FACT: Herbert Hoover experienced "selective amnesia" with the non-delivery of his promise to Robert Russa Moton...which made Moton angry.....angry enough to launch an anti-Republican movement. Enter the New Deal in the 1930s and one can see how the anti-GOP movement has steadily changed the way African Americans have voted.

Great Mississippi Flood of 1927: Blacks put in Concentration Camps

greenville%2Bmississippi%2Bflooding%2Brefugees%2B1927.gif

http://originalpeople.org/great-mississippi-flood-of-1927/

Black Oppression and the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927

Black Lives Sacrificed to Flood Control

In 1927 as the rivers spilled over, black work gangs were rounded up to toil in dangerous and ultimately pointless attempts to stay the water. In Mounds Landing, Mississippi, north of the main Delta town of Greenville, over 2,000 black men were forced at gunpoint to fill and throw sandbags onto the levee. On April 21, the levee was breached, releasing water with a force greater than Niagara Falls. Many in the work gangs who were reinforcing the levee were swept into the torrent. The official account, by a National Guard officer at the site, stated, “No lives were lost among the Guardsmen.”

The federal government didn’t contribute a dime of direct aid to the thousands of flood victims, despite a record budget surplus. The Red Cross established racially segregated camps in the flood zones. Black families lived in floorless tents in the mud without cots, chairs or utensils, eating inferior rationed food. Sometimes forced to work on the levees without pay, black men had to wear tags identifying that they were laborers in order to receive rations, and to show which plantation they “belonged to.” Women with no working husband did not get supplies unless they had a letter from a white man.

Policing the camps, the National Guard supervised the workers, whipping and beating the men. At least one black woman was gang-raped and killed by Guardsmen. Typhoid, measles, mumps, malaria and venereal diseases ran rampant among destitute tenant farmers and mill workers already weakened from illnesses endemic to poverty, such as tuberculosis and pellagra. The Chicago Defender (4 June 1927) even reported that “those who die are cut open, filled with sand then tossed into the Mississippi River.” Such horrors were stark proof that the poisonous legacy of chattel slavery still infected the land some 60 years after the Civil War.

Black Oppression and the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927

I told DING about the Mississippi flood and that being one of the first events that got blacks to leave the party. He said blacks left the GOP because the KKK made them, or something stupid like that.

Don't be butthurt because the republican lie you guys have tried telling has got busted. You want black votes? Get rid of the racist base, stop pushing unqualified uncle toms unto leadership or making them spokespeople, change your polices and face the reality of modern racism.

I am not hurtful and don't care what Republicans say. I am not a politician and don't need or want anyone's vote. I'm not racist, no matter what the you may say or think. I haven't pushed anyone on anybody, and the people I offer leadership potions earned them no matter what race they are. There's nothing wrong with my policies, and I really don't care if you decide to drag you shackles into the new millennia.

Did I miss anything?

Look fool, the I'm not responsible argument you are trying is a sad and worthless one.

Look fool, the I'm not responsible argument you are trying is a sad and worthless one.

Well fool, I'm pretty sure it is worthless to you, and that's probably why it makes you sad, because neither it nor I will ever serve your bigotry. Glad we cleared that up,

Well fool, I'm pretty sure it is worthless to you, and that's probably why it makes you sad, because neither it nor I will ever serve your bigotry. Glad we cleared that up,

Who is asking you to serve anything fool? If you think it's about kissing our asses and serving us to admit the truth, you have major mental problems.

I can't help what you sit in and what signs you wear around your neck.

The astonishing display of superior intellect demonstrated with "I know you are, but what am I". It's like the ambrosia of "I've got nothing".

I got the correct history of the republican relationship with blacks. You are the one with nothing.

No you are lying constantly about Republicans who were the ones that ended slavery, granted citizenship and the right to vote. It was the Democrats who created the KKK, the "Black Codes, Methods to prevent voting, segregation and similar odious crap since 1865.

The astonishing display of superior intellect demonstrated with "I know you are, but what am I". It's like the ambrosia of "I've got nothing".

I got the correct history of the republican relationship with blacks. You are the one with nothing.

No you are lying constantly about Republicans who were the ones that ended slavery, granted citizenship and the right to vote. It was the Democrats who created the KKK, the "Black Codes, Methods to prevent voting, segregation and similar odious crap since 1865.

Nah. I'm 100 percent correct.

Nah. I'm 100 percent correct.

It is clear you are being dishonest here because you didn't even dispute the well known fact that, "It was the Democrats who created the KKK, the "Black Codes, Methods to prevent voting, segregation and similar odious crap since 1865."

Never disputed the 1876 election maneuvers at all. It was a political calculation involving two parties who got what they wanted in exchange. But YOU failed to admit that the Democrats proceeded to screw the black people with it for another 80+ years, while President Hayes didn't try screwing over the black people in the 4 years he was in office. He did it because it was the easy way around the dispute way to get the White House, KNOWING what a racist party the Democrats really are who wanted the troops to leave so they can once again oppress the black people.

Rutherford Hays never owned slaves and fought for the Union. Has NO history of being a hater of black people either, who after leaving the White House did this:

From HISTORY:

Post-presidential Years
After leaving the White House, Hayes and his wife Lucy returned to their estate, Spiegel Grove, in Fremont, Ohio, and the former president devoted himself to educational issues and prison reform, among other humanitarian causes.

In addition to serving as a trustee of three universities–Ohio Wesleyan, Western Reserve and Ohio State–Hayes also became the first president of the board of the John F. Slater Education Fund for Freedmen in 1882. The Slater Fund was a $1 million endowment to provide Christian education for Southern blacks. Among the fund’s notable recipients was the sociologist and civil rights activist W. E. B. Du Bois (1868-1963). In 1883, Hayes became the first president of the newly reorganized National Prison Reform Association. For nearly 10 years, he traveled around the country speaking on policy reform topics."

red bolding mine

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana

"Those who think they can change the past are fucking stupid"
Hiryuu

Other than the vulgarity of this post I agree, the efforts to rewrite history by the vast majority of haters of Democrats, liberals and progressives are easily refuted by reality and written documents.

From your article!

So! The Democrats sold you out? And you still vote Democrat? Are you with stupid?

No WT, I'm not stupid nor am I ignorant of US History. It seems you only echo the propaganda of those who choose to rewrite history. That's sad, and also toxic.

LIes such as this one you posted, is a lie by both commission and omission. It belies the evolution of the Democratic Party beginning in 1948. I suggest you study the history of civil rights before you further embarrass yourself.

Hiryuu

Other than the vulgarity of this post I agree, the efforts to rewrite history by the vast majority of haters of Democrats, liberals and progressives are easily refuted by reality and written documents.

It's a good damn thing the vulgarity doesn't fucking matter as far as making a shitload of difference.:21:

Of course I wasn't asking for clarification, I don't need any of your garbage, and I don't require you to agree with anything.
Thanks for the opportunity to clear that little piece of history up.

(Edit for clarification)
It wouldn't matter if you wanted to believe the Holy Bible and all the writings that may support it.
The truth (and more importantly history, because it has already happened and there isn't anything you can do about that) is not dependent on your beliefs or interpretation.
Whatever you think, believe, or argue, is never going to change what is true ... And that my friend is a fact.

Leaving yesterday, and changing to tomorrow is the only way you can reshape history, because at that point it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
Hiryuu

It's a good damn thing the vulgarity doesn't fucking matter as far as making a shitload of difference.:21:

Of course I wasn't asking for clarification, I don't need any of your garbage, and I don't require you to agree with anything.

(Edit for clarification)
It wouldn't matter if you wanted to believe the Holy Bible and all the writings that may support it.
The truth (and more importantly history, because it has already happened and there isn't anything you can do about that) is not dependent on your beliefs or interpretation.
Whatever you think, believe, or argue, is never going to change what is true ... And that my friend is a fact.

I'm presupposed to push the funny button, but given your arrogant post I'll elaborated, briefly.

History is recorded, and the victor (since much of recorded history is about conflict) is recorded one way, and the defeated another (our Civil War is a prime example). My point is, history is history (that is a tautology) and recorded history is mostly subjective. However, the "Ministry of Truth" is that on steroids, history rewritten decades after the event to support by those who benefit from this subjective iteration.

Hiryuu

(Edit for clarification)

I'm presupposed to push the funny button, but given your arrogant post I'll elaborated, briefly.

History is recorded, and the victor (since much of recorded history is about conflict) is recorded one way, and the defeated another (our Civil War is a prime example). My point is, history is history (that is a tautology) and recorded history is mostly subjective. However, the "Ministry of Truth" is that on steroids, history rewritten decades after the event to support by those who benefit from this subjective iteration.

You can think I am arrogant if you so feel like it, but that is a testament to nothing more than how I make you feel.

History happens. People record it and rerecord it to suit whatever purpose they want to make it serve. My point is that it doesn't make a difference as far as history is concerned, and that if you have any difficulties with any of it, that is because you want something it can provide you with. None of that changes what really happened.

If you are going to learn from history, then you cannot pick and choose what particular version you want to use. The problem has everything to do with why anyone needs different versions (whatever version they may need). Until the rest of y'all manage to negate the fact that what you want is what makes one version more desirable to you than the other, you are going to keep repeating history.

Leave Yesterday, build tomorrow without the crap you left behind (we aren't waiting for you). Sorry if it sounds vague, I tried to post it in the shortest manner, instead of taking paragraphs to explain how history is important up to the point it helps identify the baggage you don't need to carry with you into the future.

Last edited:

You can think I am arrogant if you so feel like it, but that is a testament to nothing more than how I make you feel.

History happens. People record it and rerecord it to suit whatever purpose they want to make it serve. My point is that it doesn't make a difference as far as history is concerned, and that if you have any difficulties with any of it, that is because you want something it can provide you with. None of that changes what really happened.

If you are going to learn from history, then you cannot pick and choose what particular version you want to use. The problem has everything to do with why anyone needs different versions (whatever version they may need). Until the rest of y'all manage to negate the fact that what you want is what makes one version more desirable to you than the other, you are going to keep repeating history.

Leave Yesterday, build tomorrow without the crap you left behind (we aren't waiting for you). Sorry if it sounds vague, I tried to post it in the shortest manner, instead of taking paragraphs to explain how history is important up to the point it helps identify the baggage you don't need to carry with you into the future.

I agree, it is vague. Not quite word salad, but close.

I agree, it is vague. Not quite word salad, but close.

I understand why it is vague. It requires you to cut loose racial division that shackles you (and a bunch of other people) to the past, and you're probably one of the people that just isn't ready for that. You'll probably be thinking about all the ways we can address problems created by a bunch of people a long time ago, for a while. How those problems persist to some degree today, and all the possibilities we could examine to ensure better result for those who suffer. For the most part, it's probably what will keep you (and a bunch of other people) fighting about race for at least another couple of centuries.

Meanwhile, I've have no use for race (outside of embracing how someone may want to celebrate their culture), and have met a bunch of other people that are more interested in doing stuff that doesn't have a dang thing to do with anyone's race, or a bunch of crud that happened a long time ago. We're not ignoring what happened, it just doesn't serve a purpose that accomplishes anything towards our goals. If we are lucky, maybe y'all won't go back to killing each other over that crud.

And for the record, I am not saying what I think is better, unless it just happens to be better to purposely leave race out of the equation as an essential central component in deciding direction. Myself. and some other people, have learned from history, that using race in deciding direction never really works out well for someone, and one way or another causes the same crud it always has. We also learned there are always going to be people that think they can fix what they keep breaking.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back