The Republican history they think blacks don't know

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by IM2, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +800
    I am not hurtful and don't care what Republicans say. I am not a politician and don't need or want anyone's vote. I'm not racist, no matter what the you may say or think. I haven't pushed anyone on anybody, and the people I offer leadership potions earned them no matter what race they are. There's nothing wrong with my policies, and I really don't care if you decide to drag you shackles into the new millennia.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,649
    Not completely. First of all the thing about the flood is fascinating and I haven't seen that article before.

African Americans did start switching to the Democratic Party during the New Deal- frankly I don't know whether they considered the Democrats the 'party of racism' then- I suspect that they considered both parties to be the parties of racism considering that neither party was doing much to help African Americans at the time.

But the New Deal did help African Americans- and then during the war, FDR opened up employment in the war industry to African Americans and that was huge. And of course Eleanor was a very public advocate for rights for African Americans and pushed hard for their rights, even when the men from both parties didn't want to do much of anything.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,877
    I told DING about the Mississippi flood and that being one of the first events that got blacks to leave the party. He said blacks left the GOP because the KKK made them, or something stupid like that.

4. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,244
    Look fool, the I'm not responsible argument you are trying is a sad and worthless one.

5. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +800
    Well fool, I'm pretty sure it is worthless to you, and that's probably why it makes you sad, because neither it nor I will ever serve your bigotry. Glad we cleared that up,

6. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,244
    Who is asking you to serve anything fool? If you think it's about kissing our asses and serving us to admit the truth, you have major mental problems.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,643
    No you are lying constantly about Republicans who were the ones that ended slavery, granted citizenship and the right to vote. It was the Democrats who created the KKK, the "Black Codes, Methods to prevent voting, segregation and similar odious crap since 1865.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,244
    Nah. I'm 100 percent correct.

The Republican history they think blacks don't know

9. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,643
    It is clear you are being dishonest here because you didn't even dispute the well known fact that, "It was the Democrats who created the KKK, the "Black Codes, Methods to prevent voting, segregation and similar odious crap since 1865."

Never disputed the 1876 election maneuvers at all. It was a political calculation involving two parties who got what they wanted in exchange. But YOU failed to admit that the Democrats proceeded to screw the black people with it for another 80+ years, while President Hayes didn't try screwing over the black people in the 4 years he was in office. He did it because it was the easy way around the dispute way to get the White House, KNOWING what a racist party the Democrats really are who wanted the troops to leave so they can once again oppress the black people.

Rutherford Hays never owned slaves and fought for the Union. Has NO history of being a hater of black people either, who after leaving the White House did this:

From HISTORY:

Post-presidential Years
    After leaving the White House, Hayes and his wife Lucy returned to their estate, Spiegel Grove, in Fremont, Ohio, and the former president devoted himself to educational issues and prison reform, among other humanitarian causes.

In addition to serving as a trustee of three universities–Ohio Wesleyan, Western Reserve and Ohio State–Hayes also became the first president of the board of the John F. Slater Education Fund for Freedmen in 1882. The Slater Fund was a $1 million endowment to provide Christian education for Southern blacks. Among the fund’s notable recipients was the sociologist and civil rights activist W. E. B. Du Bois (1868-1963). In 1883, Hayes became the first president of the newly reorganized National Prison Reform Association. For nearly 10 years, he traveled around the country speaking on policy reform topics."

red bolding mine

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,019
    Other than the vulgarity of this post I agree, the efforts to rewrite history by the vast majority of haters of Democrats, liberals and progressives are easily refuted by reality and written documents.

• Funny Funny x 1