The Religion of the Atheist

He feigned scientific debate, and in the end his argument can be used to defend anything; like that the universe is a cow fart from some other universe and we just can't understand it. He claimed that anybody that disagrees with him is part of their own rogue religion, making that seem inferior to being part of the organized religion that he happens to prefer.

He spoke in a High School gym, and couldn't even fill half the seats. Story of his life.

He feigned scientific debate, and in the end his argument can be used to defend anything; like that the universe is a cow fart from some other universe and we just can't understand it. He claimed that anybody that disagrees with him is part of their own rogue religion, making that seem inferior to being part of the organized religion that he happens to prefer.

He spoke in a High School gym, and couldn't even fill half the seats. Story of his life.
I assume he delivered this speech without the aid of electricity, or computers, or air conditioning, or...

It’s pretty simple- you are either confident enough to be comfortable with unanswered and possibly unanswerable questions, or you’re a religious zealot who explains all the unknown by saying “God”. It may well be god, but as soon as you accept it as god, you stop exploring and discovering. Think about all the things in history that were explained by god because technology and science could not explain the answer. Praying to god use to bring rain, now we can seed clouds and create rain.

th

Death Angel you'll never get the atheists to come away from their great alter of scientific truth. They have absolute faith in the in great spaghetti monster called the Big Bang that magically appears from nothing. Therefore all you'll get from them on the subject is BS and...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

th

Death Angel you'll never get the atheists to come away from their great alter of scientific truth. They have absolute faith in the in great spaghetti monster called the Big Bang that magically appears from nothing. Therefore all you'll get from them on the subject is BS and...

*****CHUCKLE*****

No scientist says with any confidence that the big bang came from nothing. You know this. Because, as you have to us many times, you are a physics expert. And a liar, apparently.

It’s pretty simple- you are either confident enough to be comfortable with unanswered and possibly unanswerable questions, or you’re a religious zealot who explains all the unknown by saying “God”. It may well be god, but as soon as you accept it as god, you stop exploring and discovering. Think about all the things in history that were explained by god because technology and science could not explain the answer. Praying to god use to bring rain, now we can seed clouds and create rain.

th

I disagree. I see God everywhere.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

No scientist says with any confidence that the big bang came from nothing. You know this. Because, as you have to us many times, you are a physics expert. And a liar, apparently.

th

I never claimed to be an expert... But I know more than you and most of the other posters around here apparently do.

Do you want to explain the big bang to all of us without making a total fool of yourself?

How about explaining how the universe was kick started into existence so it doesn't violate any laws of motion at the quantum level?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

But I know more than you
Nah, I seriously doubt that.
How about explaining how the universe was kick started into existence so it doesn't violate any laws of motion at the quantum level?
A person who knows a lot about physics knows that is an absurd demand.

And why does anyone have to explain anything to you? You are a magical thinker...you wield magical bullshit, which allows you to make anything true or false. You're a fraud....a pseudo-intellectual and a terrible philosopher.

Eagle, you have no idea how quantum physics works, (and nor do I!), and, if anyone took up your challenge, he'd be full of shit, just like you.

That wasn't how it worked for me but I'm not sure I could be described as a religious zealot.

Does a religious zealot have to go to a church?

That wasn't how it worked for me but I'm not sure I could be described as a religious zealot.

It’s not a well defined term- zealot. I describe a religious zealot as a person who ignores anything, including science if it doesn’t fit their narrative. Religious zealots use to be people who sacrificed virgins to appease their god. Today they could be people who burn down abortion clinics or ignore fossil evidence of evolution.

But I know more than you
Nah, I seriously doubt that.
A person who knows a lot about physics knows that is an absurd demand.

And why does anyone have to explain anything to you? You are a magical thinker...you wield magical bullshit, which allows you to make anything true or false. You're a fraud....a pseudo-intellectual and a terrible philosopher.
th

You're the one who's taking up the 'science holds all the answers' side of this debate. If you can't answer the question then obviously you must be using the spaghetti monster to fill in your gaps. Which makes you the pseudo-intellectual and a terrible philosopher.

*****CHUCKLE*****

There’s a lot of misinformation going on in thread. I’m a conservative. I vote republican. I most often align with Christians on most “issues”. But border between atheism, and agnosticism. I respect the sciences, and valuable progress it has contributed to society. And firmly believe; to the point that I “know”, no man living, or dead knows more about “god” than I do. There will never be an end to the question of “what came before that”? So I carry on based on my innate instincts. And come what may; that’ll have to be good enough...

It’s not a well defined term- zealot. I describe a religious zealot as a person who ignores anything, including science if it doesn’t fit their narrative. Religious zealots use to be people who sacrificed virgins to appease their god. Today they could be people who burn down abortion clinics or ignore fossil evidence of evolution.

th

Zealot also appears to describe people who know nothing about science but worship it so much that they feel a need to abuse others over their spiritual beliefs.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Forum List

Back