the recovery ....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
Economic Recovery vs. Rising Unemployment - Forecasts & Trends - InvestorsInsight.com | Financial Intelligence, Advice & Research / Investment Strategies & Planning for Individual Investors.

excellent article on the economy and the recovery.......and possible double dip?

Yet the most interesting thing for me is that we are seeing very few forecasts for 2011 and beyond. Usually, forecasters are more than happy to provide multi-year economic projections, so why not now? The reason is, in my opinion, that no one has a clue what the long-term effects will be as a result of President Obama's plans to run trillion-dollar deficits for the next several years at least and double the national debt in possibly the next five years.

The US dollar continues to fall as I discussed in detail last week. While I don't believe the dollar will be replaced as the world's "reserve currency" in the near-term, the long-term prospects for the dollar are questionable at best, especially if Obama doubles the national debt over the next 5-plus years. At some point, foreigners who buy our massive debt may decide to stop buying dollars, or worst case, begin to unload dollars.

If that were to happen, the implications for the US financial markets would be enormous. That could cause a financial crisis that dwarfs the one we've just been through. Maybe we do see an economic recovery in 2010 as most economists predict. But I want to go on record in predicting a "double-dip recession" in 2011 and perhaps beyond, especially if the dollar accelerates its decline. Space does not allow me to go into my reasons for this prediction this week, but I will be writing more about it in the weeks and months ahead.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back