The Recipe for Peace

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
I know I've said this a million times, but it is heartening to know that an Israeli and great writer can see that a long-lasting Peace is fed with Prosperity and Justice...

The path now taken by Israel will lead to eventual destruction...The Hordes weaponry is growing...

Listen to Amos Oz...

An Honest Voice in Israel - The New Yorker

Oz is no hawk. He is the godfather of Israeli peaceniks: in 1967, right after the Six-Day War—in which he fought—left Israel in control of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, he was the first Israeli to call publicly for the creation of an independent Palestinian state in those territories, writing, “Even unavoidable occupation is a corrupting occupation.” He has always opposed the establishment of Israeli settlements on Palestinian land, and, in 1978, he was a founder of Peace Now. He is a steadfast critic of the policies toward Palestinians of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and, in the Deutsche Welle interview, advocated once again an Israeli deal with the Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas. “My suggestion,” he said, is “a two-state solution and coexistence between Israel and the West Bank: two capitals in Jerusalem, a mutually agreed territorial modification, removal of most of the Jewish settlements from the West Bank.”

Although Netanyahu has said that he accepts the two-state idea, he has doggedly resisted efforts to realize it, and his resistance has carried a terrible price for both Israelis and Palestinians. Oz argues cogently that such an agreement, followed by heavy Israeli investment in the success of the West Bank, would do more to destroy Hamas’s hold over Gaza than all of Israel’s wars there have managed. “The people in Gaza will be very jealous of the freedom and prosperity enjoyed by their brothers and sisters on the West Bank in the state of Palestine,” he said.

Why so you ignore the fact that the Palestinians have been offered their own independent state?
But they also want right of return and sovereignty over E. Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Why so you ignore the fact that the Palestinians have been offered their own independent state?
But they also want right of return and sovereignty over E. Jerusalem.

You keep making outlandish statements; Provide a link for the Palestinian State offered by Israel...

Every time Palestinians refuse, they begin violence, later they get less generous offer after they lost and they refuse again, start the violence again, and so it continues..Olmert was awful PM and wasn't even elected, I got many reasons except the fact he is a convicted criminal now, but back in the days he gave the suggested "Left Wing package" to Abbas - refused of course.

Great, so lets mention him/her see if we get any progress, or maybe he/she walks in Abbas path and just never answer.
[MENTION=35713]pbel[/MENTION]

news stories are not offers, besides Olmert was indicted for corruption and lost his influence to offer anything... Show me an official offer or Plan, not cow manure!

news stories are not offers, besides Olmert was indicted for corruption and lost his influence to offer anything... Show me an official offer or Plan, not cow manure!
Well, I've proved my point..but since you don't believe al Jazeera how the fuck you want me to prove it to you? "official plan" was concealed under discussion for years, plus you can't understand Hebrew/Arabic.. but I found this!
Annapolis%20-%20Proposal%20-%20Jerusalem.jpg

Now disprove me, comon genius I bet you would somehow, but do you have the guts to admit you wrong? :lol:

There is a huge difference between Journalist and Reporter..
Journalist write a story based on news and his/her opinion.
Reporter simply report about the event.
But I'm sure Wikipedia is just a news story.

Wow Pbel. You've never heard about camp summit in 2000? The 2008 Olmert offer?
I knew you were uneducated, but wow!

Forum List

Back