The reason why Palin opposed funding for rape kits

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I know a lot of people are disgusted by the fact that Sarah Palin supported the Wasilla policy of making rape victims shell $1,000+ out of their own pockets for rape kits should they feel compelled to report the incident, but she actually had a pretty good reason. These kits contain the morning after pill, and as a good, God-fearing Pentacostal Christian, that's simply a non-starter.

Last edited:
I laughed when she claimed a McCain/Palin administration would be for women's rights

"Rape Kit" Contents

A sexual assault evidence collection kit contains commonly available examination tools such as:

* Detailed instructions for the examiner
* Forms for documentation
* Tube for blood sample
* Urine sample container
* Paper bags for clothing collection
* Large sheet of paper for patient to undress over
* Cotton swabs for biological evidence collection
* Sterile water
* Sterile saline
* Glass slides
* Unwaxed dental floss
* Wooden stick for fingernail scrapings
* Envelopes or boxes for individual evidence samples
* Labels

Even worse, some people think she's pretty!!!

:lol:

She IS pretty. Any female that denies that is just insecure with their own appearance, IMO.. You don't get to play Beauty Queen by being ugly.

Evidence collection in the United States

In the United States, a typical evidence collection process for sexual assault victims is:

* A nurse, physician, physician assistant - any medical provider explains the hospital's HIV testing procedure and why HIV testing is beneficial. The victim then decides whether or not to permit HIV testing. In many states, there is no charge to the victim for these services.
* Routine blood collection is done (to check for pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases).
* The nurse documents any evidence of torn clothing or external injuries and takes photographs.
* The victim's clothing is collected and new clothes are provided.
* Any physical evidence from the rape scene (such as grass or leaves) is also collected.
* Hairs are collected: the nurse collects any loose hairs or debris in the pelvic area (looking for pubic hairs of the assailant). In some cases, some of the victim's pubic hairs are needed and 15-20 of the victim's head hairs (to differentiate the victim's hairs from the assailant's).
* Fingernail scrapings are collected for detection of blood or tissue.
* The nurse then examines the victim's perineum, thighs, abdomen, buttocks and facial area for evidence of semen and, if detected, it is collected.
* Several slides are made and swabs taken from the vaginal, anal, and oral areas to check for semen, sexually transmitted diseases, and infections.
* The hospital provides the victim with any preventive medicine necessary (for tetanus, sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, etc.).
* Medical personnel perform the pelvic exam. The victim may request to have the examination done by a person of the same gender.

The sexual assault exam kit is then sealed in a box and secured at the hospital until given to the police for further laboratory analysis. For the box to be used in criminal proceedings, it is vital that the chain of custody and the integrity of the kit is preserved.

Methinks you're just jealous.
Of course, because women must all agree with someone else's opinion of beauty, right? I don't think she's ugly, but if I were a lesbian I wouldn't be lusting after her. She doesn't rock my world, sorry, Shat.

Of course, because women must all agree with someone else's opinion of beauty, right? I don't think she's ugly, but if I were a lesbian I wouldn't be lusting after her. She doesn't rock my world, sorry, Shat.

:lol::lol: oh man---IF you were a lesbian she wouldn't be your type ! :clap2:

i will go with ravi...i would kick her out of my bed...i dont care for the squareness of her face....and dont care at all for the voice. could someone give her a hair do that is in this century?

i will go with ravi...i would kick her out of my bed...i dont care for the squareness of her face....and dont care at all for the voice. could someone give her a hair do that is in this century?
Dare I say it....she's got a ferret face! I'm okay with her hair, though.

:tongue:

I know a lot of people are disgusted by the fact that Sarah Palin supported the Wasilla policy of making rape victims shell $1,000+ out of their own pockets for rape kits should they feel compelled to report the incident, but she actually had a pretty good reason. These kits contain the morning after pill, and as a good, God-fearing Pentacostal Christian, that's simply a non-starter.

lyre

WTF ever... We hashed this all out weeks ago. It was a step by the city to get the state to put money into their police needs. No one was charged (directly or insurance) for a single kit.

Forum List

Back