The Real Wendy Davis

Just being nice and letting you know here....this crap will help the GOP about as much as Sen Warren lying about native american heritage did in 2012....

(hint: that didn't go well)

Texas is not Massachusetts. :eusa_whistle:

This will hurt the GOP more than Davis. She separated from her husband at 19, and the divorce was final when she was 21.
The GOP is running scared.

I don't think anyone cares about the first divorce. They will care about her being a single mother, this should be shamed. However, more people will care about the second husband she left after he paid out of his 401k for her law school, and the fact that she gave of rights to her children to pursue a political career.

Being a single mother and then leaving her second husband and children will work against her in Texas.

She didn't leave the children in pursue of a career...it was a court order that the husband got custody. She had to pay child support to him.

Being a single mother will most definitely not be taken negatively, that's just asinine.

From everything I've read, it was a mutual decision between her and her husband that their kid would remain with him, in the house she grew up in.

This will hurt the GOP more than Davis. She separated from her husband at 19, and the divorce was final when she was 21.

I don't think anyone cares about the first divorce. They will care about her being a single mother, this should be shamed. However, more people will care about the second husband she left after he paid out of his 401k for her law school, and the fact that she gave of rights to her children to pursue a political career.

Being a single mother and then leaving her second husband and children will work against her in Texas.

She didn't leave the children in pursue of a career...it was a court order that the husband got custody. She had to pay child support to him.

Being a single mother will most definitely not be taken negatively, that's just asinine.

She filed for divorced, and gave sole custody to her husband. She obviously had more important things to do than be loyal to the husband who paid to get her where she got, or to her children, like having a political career. Then again, decency shouldn't be expected from a single mom who lived in a trailer.

She stands no chance in Texas. Unless they find away to allow all the illegals to vote.

Last edited:
Just being nice and letting you know here....this crap will help the GOP about as much as Sen Warren lying about native american heritage did in 2012....

So you're leading the circling of the wagons..
The fault of liberalism is that liberals believe other liberals can do no wrong.

There is a 1962 mile difference between Warren and Davis.

Im sure you are probably right on that. but it hardly speaks well for her or the people who elect someone who i willing to lie about such petty details to offices of high trust.

However, it might have a different effect for Wendy in Texas than Ms Warren in Mass simply because Texans don't put up with Nonsense like this.

People don't care if you say you got divorced at 19 when it was really at 21. Nor do they care if you said your mom had a 6th grade education when it was a 9th grade education.

It makes the GOP look bad if anything...it's like they're complaining that she didn't suffer "enough" or something. That's honestly how people are going to take it...they're going to see it as a desperate attempt to sabotage her because there isn't anything else. That's exactly how the native American thing was taken in Mass.

She is saying she had student loans and worked her way through college. If you call being a slut working your way through college you are dumb enough to vote for the twat.

From everything I've read, it was a mutual decision between her and her husband that their kid would remain with him, in the house she grew up in.

And all but unprecedented considering that Texas is extremely paternalistic even today.

Mothers almost NEVER lose custody of their children. Unless they are a fuck up of the first degree.
BTW, She USED her second husband to get what she wanted. She got her degree and subsequently told him to go pound sand.
She is a high priced prostitute.

And all but unprecedented considering that Texas is extremely paternalistic even today.

We're not talking about a small child here. Their daughter was a teenager when they got divorced.

In cases like that, the child is often given the choice of which parent to stay with. That's what happened with my little brother when my parents got divorced.

We're not talking about a small child here. Their daughter was a teenager when they got divorced.

In cases like that, the child is often given the choice of which parent to stay with. That's what happened with my little brother when my parents got divorced.
Even if that is the case, that makes her look bad as well. Not only did she initiate the divorce, her daughter didn't want to be with her.

Her husband wasn't the father of the oldest daughter, but he still got custody. That might have been accepted in San Francisco back in the 1990s, but I am willing to bet you can't find any cases in Texas that don't involve the mother being in prison or abusing the child. Even then, she had a good shot at getting custody.

Her husband wasn't the father of the oldest daughter, but he still got custody. That might have been accepted in San Francisco back in the 1990s, but I am willing to bet you can't find any cases in Texas that don't involve the mother being in prison or abusing the child. Even then, she had a good shot at getting custody.

The older daughter was 21 when they got divorced.

Neither parent had "custody" - there's no such thing as legal custody of a non-minor, with the exception of the severely disabled.

The older daughter was 21 when they got divorced.

Neither parent had "custody" - there's no such thing as legal custody of a non-minor, with the exception of the severely disabled.

You're right, I misread the story.

People don't care if you say you got divorced at 19 when it was really at 21. Nor do they care if you said your mom had a 6th grade education when it was a 9th grade education.

It makes the GOP look bad if anything...it's like they're complaining that she didn't suffer "enough" or something. That's honestly how people are going to take it...they're going to see it as a desperate attempt to sabotage her because there isn't anything else. That's exactly how the native American thing was taken in Mass.

This is precisely what's wrong with this country. It somehow makes the GOP look bad because a Democrat lies.

Everyone lies, aside from those "radical honesty" people.

It makes the GOP look bad when they flip a shit over something as inconsequential as who paid her student loan bills. People see through the fake outrage.

Or fake outrage regarding orange traffic cones on a bridge.

This is precisely what's wrong with this country. It somehow makes the GOP look bad because a Democrat lies.

Everyone lies, aside from those "radical honesty" people.

It makes the GOP look bad when they flip a shit over something as inconsequential as who paid her student loan bills. People see through the fake outrage.

Or fake outrage regarding orange traffic cones on a bridge.

You'd be surprised how much genuine outrage can be generated by adding more time in traffic to a couple million people's daily commute.

But for the most part you're right, I don't care about that "scandal" either.

Doubt the GOP is running scared in Texas (yet). Demographics are firmly trending toward the Democrats. I think Wendy would do better to wait until Cruz is up for re-election in 2018. He'll likely have a loss under his belt and 4 more years of being the butt of jokes from both sides of the aisle. Davis may run in 2018 for his seat but it's easier when you have no high profile losses in your column. She'll have one.

Forum List

Back