anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
It is easy to see that student loans were made special to be exempt from clearing in bankruptcy, because the greed of the annuity markets needed it so.

But there is an even better reason. And that is to control the 21st century generations. In the 20th century it was easy to scare people with taking away their jobs, and getting them to vote your way. But in the 21st century there will be no jobs anyways, so this strategy is dead.

In the 21st century, political control will be by dispensing various levels of forgiveness on student loans. For example, the government can say that you enlist to fight in an Israeli war to get a 50 % foregiveness on your student loan.

The retiree generation will love this, because this will not only further ensure their annuity income, but also will bring a new control over young people in the future, as successful as ww1-2.

Discuss.

It is easy to see that student loans were made special to be exempt from clearing in bankruptcy, because the greed of the annuity markets needed it so.

But there is an even better reason. And that is to control the 21st century generations. In the 20th century it was easy to scare people with taking away their jobs, and getting them to vote your way. But in the 21st century there will be no jobs anyways, so this strategy is dead.

In the 21st century, political control will be by dispensing various levels of forgiveness on student loans. For example, the government can say that you enlist to fight in an Israeli war to get a 50 % foregiveness on your student loan.

The retiree generation will love this, because this will not only further ensure their annuity income, but also will bring a new control over young people in the future, as successful as ww1-2.

Discuss.

Imagine taking all that debt on and get a useless degree or no degree.

Gender Studies

Discuss.

Gender Studies

Uselessness sky high, do you know what I saw in Berlin, the center of Europe, the other day? The world famous Humbold university, Einstein's home university in Berlin, between all classes taught in German, they advertised this entire faculty of courses called Gender Studies, in English. So even Germany has now figured out, that what Americans want to pay money for studying is Gender Studies. I couldn't believe my eyes, the idiocy of it all! I am a maths student and I do feel lonely between all those Feminist Interpretative Dance Terapy students.

Discuss.

Gender Studies

Uselessness sky high, do you know what I saw in Berlin, the center of Europe, the other day? The world famous Humbold university, Einstein's home university in Berlin, between all classes taught in German, they advertised this entire faculty of courses called Gender Studies, in English. So even Germany has now figured out, that what Americans want to pay money for studying is Gender Studies. I couldn't believe my eyes, the idiocy of it all! I am a maths student and I do feel lonely between all those Feminist Interpretative Dance Terapy students.

I guess to each their own, and there will be less supply of people with capable skills.

Discuss.

Gender Studies

I guess to each their own, and there will be less supply of people with capable skills.

That is not a problem though, because every corporate HR believes religiously, that all they need to do is outsource to Asia.

Discuss.

Gender Studies

That is not a problem though, because every corporate HR believes religiously, that all they need to do is outsource to Asia.

My impression is that outsourcing is largely do to global competitive pressure to reduce costs.

The countries that are outsourced to do not have all the overhead / benefits / regulation = not an equal / level playing field.

Full disclosure - I want every job possible in the U. S. of A.

Discuss.

Gender Studies

My impression is that outsourcing is largely do to global competitive pressure to reduce costs.

The countries that are outsourced to do not have all the overhead / benefits / regulation = not an equal / level playing field.

Full disclosure - I want every job possible in the U. S. of A.

Unfortunately this is all a propaganda, a usual lie, typical to what HR people like and the main stream media like. Lie nevertheless, nationally.

The truth is that most of these outsourcing destinations do have generous labor protection laws, many times much better than the US. For example if you ask an Indian software guy, they will generally tell that they have 20 paid vacation days per year as opposed to the American 10, and they don't have to wait to accrue it.

The truth is that this is all about currency manipulations. The Asian countries can devalue their local currencies down to a 1000 to a dollar if they like, just to quickly bring in more jobs and boost their exports. The USA can't do this, because the dollar is valued by credit and lending terms in contrast to labor and export.

Forum List

Back