The rapid rise of Hurricane Matthew

Matthew is in the vicinity of Cape Canaveral right now...here is what the weather looks like. The warmers must be very disappointed that Florida isn't being devastated...and the body count isn't mounting. I have to say though...In my youth a CAT3 or 4 storm had much more powerful winds.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-07-at-2.32.05-AM.png

Haiti got hit pretty bad, but the Clinton's are happy because they will probably steal another $100MM in relief money

Yeah -- all those solar panels they donated to people living in cardboard shacks musta gotten smashed.

THE NEW TRACK IS NOW 40-60 MILES OFF SHORE..
Looking like the winds will not be a major problem for the Carolina's..

notice Billy.....the thread has suddenly gone cold!! The mental cases are in stunned disbelief and miserable as shit.:bye1:

I just got a phone call and I have to send $100.00 to my friend/meteorologist on the coast.. The hurricane just made land fall at barely a Cat 1. level.. had it waited just another hour or so it would have been a tropical depression...:cry:

But it isn't doing crap other than rain. He told me the rain and storm surge are the only problems.. I told him he should give a 50% rebate.. He just laughed.. prick! But I am not a welsher!

Last edited:
This thread just get more humorous as it goes on, You silly asses predicted that the hurricane would fizzle by now. Repeatedly predicted that and made fun of the people that were sounding the tocsins over this hurricane. Now you have been shown to be silly and ignorant asses. LOL

Please provide a link to someone here claiming the hurricane would fizzle.
Post # 19, Billy Bob, this thread.

"Simple....

Dry air on one side, Wet warm air on the other and the convergence of two jet streams creating an eddy in the atmosphere without upper level wind shear to tear it apart. This storm will soon meet upper level wind shears.. watch what happens..

5 hours ago it was down graded to Cat 4, just one hour ago it was down graded to Cat 3, It has meet with the wind shear. I expect this storm to go down one more level in the next few hours before being torn apart in 24-48 hours."

There you go, Mr. Westwall, and I can post a quote for Skooks, also. Perhaps you should read the thread before claiming that no one said what Silly Billy claimed.

Ah so. Reporting factual data is against the rules to you then. I see.
My word, really dumb statement. You said provide a link to someone who said that the hurricane would fizzle, I did exactly that. I said not a thing about his data, only that he said that the hurricane would fizzle. He did, it did not. Instead, it developed into a long lasting major hurricane, just as the people at NOAA feared it would.

Matthew is in the vicinity of Cape Canaveral right now...here is what the weather looks like. The warmers must be very disappointed that Florida isn't being devastated...and the body count isn't mounting. I have to say though...In my youth a CAT3 or 4 storm had much more powerful winds.

Haiti got hit pretty bad, but the Clinton's are happy because they will probably steal another $100MM in relief money

Yeah -- all those solar panels they donated to people living in cardboard shacks musta gotten smashed.
And you are very happy about that.

This thread just get more humorous as it goes on, You silly asses predicted that the hurricane would fizzle by now. Repeatedly predicted that and made fun of the people that were sounding the tocsins over this hurricane. Now you have been shown to be silly and ignorant asses. LOL

"Simple....

Dry air on one side, Wet warm air on the other and the convergence of two jet streams creating an eddy in the atmosphere without upper level wind shear to tear it apart. This storm will soon meet upper level wind shears.. watch what happens..

5 hours ago it was down graded to Cat 4, just one hour ago it was down graded to Cat 3, It has meet with the wind shear. I expect this storm to go down one more level in the next few hours before being torn apart in 24-48 hours."

There you go, Mr. Westwall, and I can post a quote for Skooks, also. Perhaps you should read the thread before claiming that no one said what Silly Billy claimed.

My word, really dumb statement. You said provide a link to someone who said that the hurricane would fizzle, I did exactly that. I said not a thing about his data, only that he said that the hurricane would fizzle. He did, it did not. Instead, it developed into a long lasting major hurricane, just as the people at NOAA feared it would.
Long lasting? Really? Remind us when it it land fall and what catagory it was and is now

And you are very happy about that.

No. I'm not happy with that. But maybe they will be of more use to the Haitians smashed by making trinkets for tourists than they were keeping them dark at night..

"Simple....

It did fizzle... It didn't make land fall until it was almost gone..

It wasn't the disaster you were hoping for... I made some assumptions from the data at the time, using the models you all like to say are 100% accurate.. Had the hurricane made landfall in Florida it would have disintegrated in short order. Because it stayed above water, off shore, and the Cold Front remained stationary, its strength remained intact.

NOAA was basing its predictions on a model as well and it was wrong... But then they use moving goal posts.. Why do you never call them out for that?

"Simple....

It wasn't the disaster you were hoping for... I made some assumptions from the data at the time, using the models you all like to say are 100% accurate.. Had the hurricane made landfall in Florida it would have disintegrated in short order. Because it stayed above water, off shore, and the Cold Front remained stationary, its strength remained intact.

NOAA was basing its predictions on a model as well and it was wrong... But then they use moving goal posts.. Why do you never call them out for that?
I see. Haiti and Cuba are not land? Mathew did plenty of damage to Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. From the beginning, NOAA stated that Mathew was an extremely hard storm to predict. And it is remaining so.

"Simple....

I see. Haiti and Cuba are not land? Mathew did plenty of damage to Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. From the beginning, NOAA stated that Mathew was an extremely hard storm to predict. And it is remaining so.

Talk about wanting to move the goal posts... I could see this one coming a mile away.. Now Islands in the Pacific are the North American Continent.... Which would lay the 11 year drought reaching it waste...:banghead:

]
Long lasting? Really? Remind us when it it land fall and what catagory it was and is now

It was a Cat 5. That it came to an end and that it didn't hit the mainland US says absolutely nothing about whether or not this was an exceptional storm powered by exceptionally high surface water temperatures in the Caribbean basin.

]

It was a Cat 5. That it came to an end and that it didn't hit the mainland US says absolutely nothing about whether or not this was an exceptional storm powered by exceptionally high surface water temperatures in the Caribbean basin.

It was Cat 5 for less than a day. It made landfall as a Cat 4. Once again I ask you. How did it compare to Hurricane Camille?

It was never a category 4 or 5 threat to the US. You could get that type of storm surge from a category 1 or 2.

]

Remind us how many cat 5 have occurred in the last 8 years? Or even the last 20.

Umm........duh........hurricanes typically end up hitting some land mass somewhere.

Anybody else hear Hilda talking about how closely Matthew tied to global warming. Except..........nobody is caring!!:popcorn::popcorn::fu:

Forum List

Back