The question no same sex marriage advocate seems to like.......

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
Should some same sex blood related individuals be allowed access to marriage?

I won't go so far as to argue that Parent/Child or Uncle - Aunt/ Neice - Nephew should gain legal status, but I see no Compelling State Interest in denying this right to other closely related same sex couples.

Traditionally, the reason incest was thought of in such deplorable terms was that a male/female couple could have offspring with a defective bloodline. That is not the case with blood related same sex siblings or cousins.

I will make it clear that I oppose incest in any form, even those current laws in certain states that allow 1st cousins to Marry, but only if they are above a certain age, past the age of reproduction, or if they can prove sterility.

Having said this, I can find no compelling state interest in denial of the right to the dignity of marriage to a same sex, closely related couple.

remember, same sex can be straight or gay.

If there is one, please present and discuss it.

I won't go so far as to argue that Parent/Child or Uncle - Aunt/ Neice - Nephew should gain legal status, but I see no Compelling State Interest in denying this right to other closely related same sex couples.

Traditionally, the reason incest was thought of in such deplorable terms was that a male/female couple could have offspring with a defective bloodline. That is not the case with blood related same sex siblings or cousins.

I will make it clear that I oppose incest in any form, even those current laws in certain states that allow 1st cousins to Marry, but only if they are above a certain age, past the age of reproduction, or if they can prove sterility.

Having said this, I can find no compelling state interest in denial of the right to the dignity of marriage to a same sex, closely related couple.

If they are both adults, what grounds could they be denighed the right to marry? Because it's just morally wrong? What is the compelling interest other than a declaration of moral code?

Okay, I'll bite. Explain to me how same sex can be either gay or straight, please.

If they are both adults, what grounds could they be denighed the right to marry? Because it's just morally wrong? What is the compelling interest other than a declaration of moral code?

I can't find a single reason. So I ask the question.

Okay, I'll bite. Explain to me how same sex can be either gay or straight, please.
I guess heterosexuals can enter into same sex marriage although that would seem to be counterintuitive. Perhaps they might for insurance benefits or some other type of benefit that is afforded through marriage. Also, there have been plenty of people that come out as being gay while in opposite sex marriage.

I'm with you on those questions. It would seem to me that if same sex marriage is legal, then marriage between two brothers or two sisters should also be legal. Also, under equal protection, shouldn't a brother and sister also be allowed to marry? What right does the government have to interfere with their reproductive decisions?

I guess heterosexuals can enter into same sex marriage although that would seem to be counterintuitive. Perhaps they might for insurance benefits or some other type of benefit that is afforded through marriage. Also, there have been plenty of people that come out as being gay while in opposite sex marriage.

Thanks for enlightening me. I simply didn't get it. This same sex heterosexual stuff is all new to me. Guess I'm just old and a traditional kind of person. You've definitely expanded my horizons and brought me into the 21st century. Not that I like it, or accept it, mind you.

I'm with you on those questions. It would seem to me that if same sex marriage is legal, then marriage between two brothers or two sisters should also be legal. Also, under equal protection, shouldn't a brother and sister also be allowed to marry? What right does the government have to interfere with their reproductive decisions?

I'll leave reproductive decisions out of the equation for now.

But correct, if there is no compelling state interest in keeping same sex blood relatives from entering into a Marriage Contracts, whether straight or gay, sibling or cousin, what arguments remain that could possibly ban the marriage of opposite gender blood relatives?

Thanks for enlightening me. I simply didn't get it. This same sex heterosexual stuff is all new to me. Guess I'm just old and a traditional kind of person. You've definitely expanded my horizons and brought me into the 21st century. Not that I like it, or accept it, mind you.

It is reality now. The Supreme Court legalized ALL same sex marriage regardless of sexuality.

Forum List

Back