The Question is...

Trump can still salvage this with a net gain, I think. All he has to do is call out the white nationalists AND call out the media for trying so relentlessly to shame him for his rather clumsy response earlier, that it should be OBVIOUS to all Americans that he is not a supporter of white nationalists, and certainly not terrorists. That the media is sick for trying to play on the tragedy for $$ and using it as a bludgeon to attack him with.

But I don't think Trump is smart enough to do it. I think he'll just try and keep quiet now, trying to cut his losses.
Trump doesn't lay low. I hope he continues to snort in disgust and walk away from stupid questions.

The media sucks. But they sure have a lot of lemmings following them around.

Just snorting in disgust won't work this time. He had a big chance to win lots of easy points and he blew it. He can't make the big score anymore, but he can still win a few points by doing what I suggested. And he has to do it tomorrow, preferably early in the day.

Maybe. But I hope he doesn't. He will never win points over anything with anyone that is die hard liberal. They flat out refuse to even give him a chance and has shown that from day one and before day one. NOTHING he does will ever be right. So why bother? And I don't think he will.

Liberals were hoping and praying that he really would bring the country together after he won the election. But then his narcissism got the better of him and he started whining about crowd sizes and other nonsense, and they decided they were in for a long four years.

My brother isn't necessarily a "liberal" (I call them lefties, since liberals believe in freedom, meaning most conservatives are also liberals), and strongly dislikes Trump, but even he was rooting for Trump to come out strong today. Believe it or not, people like us WANT Trump to make good decisions. We're just constantly disappointed.

He can't win points with the wacko Hillary supporters, but moderates and some Bernie fans? Probably. And there are a lot more of us than the vagina hat people.

He can't bring the country together. That was shown today. With all the NK crap going on, we are still fighting amongst ourselves. Trump had to take on a shitload of damage done by Obama. Can't do it in this short time, nor even in 4 years. Hell, they are screaming to impeach him before he even took office.

I didn't like either choice for POTUS. But he was the lesser of two evils.

He can still appeal to moderates, even though he has lost a lot of credibility with us after some of his antics. Depending on how bad the next democratic candidate is, he can win in 2020 IF he shapes up.

The vagina hat people? No. They'll always hate him. But most liberals are not the loudmouth minority that you see in the news.

The question is, therefore, will conservatives ever find the courage to condemn and reject the hateful, bigoted, racist right, even if it costs them at the ballot box.

They have. Tons of republicans condemned the murder and the violence at the protest.

Condemning racists will win them votes. There are a lot more rational and fair-minded people who are shaking their heads at Trump's bizarre response, compared to the tiny minority of genuine racists who would be turned off by an unabashedly anti-white supremacy Trump.

Why do conservatives feel compelled to go out of their way to defend the white supremacist rally/protest/riot in Virginia??

Conservatives make no such defenses of other such actions by other groups.

Aren't conservatives tacitly acknowledging that they feel some sort of kinship, or sympathy, or something in common with these racists? Why else would they go out of their way to defend them?
Look at this forum. Neo fascists spreading their garbage all over the place and they are defended and welcomed.

Why do conservatives feel compelled to go out of their way to defend the white supremacist rally/protest/riot in Virginia??

Aren't conservatives tacitly acknowledging that they feel some sort of kinship, or sympathy, or something in common with these racists? Why else would they go out of their way to defend them?
Look at this forum. Neo fascists spreading their garbage all over the place and they are defended and welcomed.
And if you think this is beneath you..why are you still here then?

Because I can be. You trying to get me to leave? Would you like your own little safe space?

Because I can be. You trying to get me to leave? Would you like your own little safe space?
Nope. Just asking why you are here if you hate it so much. I get that way too sometimes, so I just read and then leave for awhile. Then I come back and hang from the rafters, maybe post..then get all depressed again and leave for awhile once more. But I don't hate the forum like you seem to.

And I have a safe place here. The coffee shop. Constant bickering is not good for ones body, spirit or mind. Gotta balance now and then. So thanks for your concern but the CS does quite well as a safe haven for those who need a time out from the negativity. Drop by and see for yourself. :) Just leave your weapons at the door.

Nope. Just asking why you are here if you hate it so much. I get that way too sometimes, so I just read and then leave for awhile. Then I come back and hang from the rafters, maybe post..then get all depressed again and leave for awhile once more. But I don't hate the forum like you seem to.
Please post where I said I hate this forum. You seem to be trying to put words in my mouth. Or maybe hallucinating or something.

Please post where I said I hate this forum. You seem to be trying to put words in my mouth. Or maybe hallucinating or something.
Nah. Not worth the effort to scroll up and argue about it.

Carry on. I'll just watch.

Nah. Not worth the effort to scroll up and argue about it.

Carry on. I'll just watch.
;)

I never thought of myself as racist. But I think I am getting there quite quickly. Why? I guess I am tired of the unbalanceness of it all. Yeah, I know that is not a proper word, but I used it anyway.

BLM is black supremacy. They invade, invoke, harass, burn, loot, instigate, etc etc etc but if anyone states the obvious, they are deemed racist. Maybe..just maybe, "honky" is fed up with the double standards?

BLM isn't about black supremacy. It's an incoherent mess of a movement that's led by narcissistic malcontents, moronic idealists, and anarchists.
It's a bunch of violent, anti-white racists.

The question is why aren't you defending them? Why aren't you defending their right to free speech, and to peaceably assemble? Well... why? Is it because they are white? Is it because they are labeled Republican? Is it because of their religion? Or is it because of their message; that you won't defend the ability of your fellow countrymen, to exercise the freedoms all Americans enjoy. Without having mercenary mobs violently disrupt and attack them. So... why aren't you defending them?

Don't support them at all however I do support their Constitutional right to peaceably to assemble. It would have been peaceful if the two groups had been kept separate.

Don't support them at all however I do support their Constitutional right to peaceably to assemble. It would have been peaceful if the two groups had been kept separate.
One group intentionally sought out and collided with the other. The Left wanted a violent outcome. And they got it. I wonder if the dead, and injured hoped that violence would kick off at this event...? The obvious answer is "yes"... they most likely did. And look at them now... careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

The question is why aren't you defending them? Why aren't you defending their right to free speech, and to peaceably assemble? Well... why? Is it because they are white? Is it because they are labeled Republican? Is it because of their religion? Or is it because of their message; that you won't defend the ability of your fellow countrymen, to exercise the freedoms all Americans enjoy. Without having mercenary mobs violently disrupt and attack them. So... why aren't you defending them?

See what I mean? The above poster, obviously a white supremacist sympathizer, attacking me for not defending the violence perpetrated by these conservatives.

Forum List

Back