The Putin Payback: Why would we hire a KGB linked security company to do security on the US Embassy?

U.S. Hires Company With K.G.B. Link to Guard Moscow Embassy

When you owe Russia, you owe them hard..

15Russia-master768.jpg

When President Vladimir V. Putin in July ordered American diplomatic missions in Russia to slash their staff by 755 employees, the State Department said it would need time to assess the “impact of such a limitation and how we will respond to it.”

Part of that response has now become clear: To make up for the loss of security guards axed in the Russian-mandated staff cuts, Washington has hired a private Russian company that grew out of a security business co-founded by Mr. Putin’s former K.G.B. boss, an 82-year-old veteran spy who spent 25 years planting agents in Western security services and hunting down their operatives.

Under a $2.8 million no-bid contract awarded by the Office of Acquisitions in Washington, security guards at the American Embassy in Moscow and at consulates in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok will be provided by Elite Security Holdings, a company closely linked to the former top K.G.B. figure, Viktor G. Budanov, a retired general who rose through the ranks to become head of Soviet counterintelligence.

-End

I guess not only are the US Intel agencies a "joke" but so are the Marines because now logging in visitors will be handled by Russia.

Here check this out from the article:

Marines will continue to guard American diplomatic missions, but tasks previously handled by local guards hired directly by the embassy in Moscow, like screening visitors, will be taken over Elite Security employees. Hiring guards directly allowed closer monitoring of their backgrounds, but any Russian working for an American diplomatic mission, no matter how closely screened, is vulnerable to pressure from Russia’s state security apparatus.

Paperwork for this seems to be in order. You need a license to operate a security firm and this ONE company has licenses at all four locations. See the Justification for Sole Source Award at

file:///C:/Users/hp4/Downloads/US_Mission_Russia_17R0554_-_J&A_FBO.pdf

Seems like this deal of expelling diplomats worked in Putin's favor. The choice is to "shut them down" or hire licensed Russian local firms. What's YOUR solution genius?? Or MadCow's??

Read the award paperwork before you speculate on how to fix this.. :banana:

You're right, what could be the solution here besides letting the KGB affiliated security firm take over? How about, not.

Or are you so dense you want to make this about me and you for no reason?

Because I'm almost certain that your sources are not informing you of the "checkmate" that Putin put us in when we started this expelling diplomats war. There's a REAL PROBLEM. We cannot provide everyday CASUAL security for those embassies. And since "security companies" are HIGHLY regulated in Russia, the choices for ONE that could operate in all 4 locations are VERY limited.

It's time the partisans stopped trying to score CHEAP POLITICAL points and got educated enough to PROPOSE SOLUTIONS.. Did you hear any alternate SOLUTIONS from MadCow? Doubt that you did..

FIX IT --- don't whine about it and imagine "you got him now"... :cranky:
Putting Hillary, Bill, Holder, Barry, Mueller, John and Fat Tony Podesta in jail would go a long way to 'fixing' it.

Go find the PDF file I posted thru the link I gave above and READ the "Sole Source Justification" and the statement of the urgent problem.. And turn off the propaganda designed to stop you from UNDERSTANDING the issue.

Try NOT ignoring all the evidence already presented proving the crimes of the liberal traitors...

15Russia-master768.jpg

When President Vladimir V. Putin in July ordered American diplomatic missions in Russia to slash their staff by 755 employees, the State Department said it would need time to assess the “impact of such a limitation and how we will respond to it.”

Part of that response has now become clear: To make up for the loss of security guards axed in the Russian-mandated staff cuts, Washington has hired a private Russian company that grew out of a security business co-founded by Mr. Putin’s former K.G.B. boss, an 82-year-old veteran spy who spent 25 years planting agents in Western security services and hunting down their operatives.

Under a $2.8 million no-bid contract awarded by the Office of Acquisitions in Washington, security guards at the American Embassy in Moscow and at consulates in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok will be provided by Elite Security Holdings, a company closely linked to the former top K.G.B. figure, Viktor G. Budanov, a retired general who rose through the ranks to become head of Soviet counterintelligence.

-End

I guess not only are the US Intel agencies a "joke" but so are the Marines because now logging in visitors will be handled by Russia.

Marines will continue to guard American diplomatic missions, but tasks previously handled by local guards hired directly by the embassy in Moscow, like screening visitors, will be taken over Elite Security employees. Hiring guards directly allowed closer monitoring of their backgrounds, but any Russian working for an American diplomatic mission, no matter how closely screened, is vulnerable to pressure from Russia’s state security apparatus.

Paperwork for this seems to be in order. You need a license to operate a security firm and this ONE company has licenses at all four locations. See the Justification for Sole Source Award at

Seems like this deal of expelling diplomats worked in Putin's favor. The choice is to "shut them down" or hire licensed Russian local firms. What's YOUR solution genius?? Or MadCow's??

You're right, what could be the solution here besides letting the KGB affiliated security firm take over? How about, not.

Because I'm almost certain that your sources are not informing you of the "checkmate" that Putin put us in when we started this expelling diplomats war. There's a REAL PROBLEM. We cannot provide everyday CASUAL security for those embassies. And since "security companies" are HIGHLY regulated in Russia, the choices for ONE that could operate in all 4 locations are VERY limited.

It's time the partisans stopped trying to score CHEAP POLITICAL points and got educated enough to PROPOSE SOLUTIONS.. Did you hear any alternate SOLUTIONS from MadCow? Doubt that you did..

Putting Hillary, Bill, Holder, Barry, Mueller, John and Fat Tony Podesta in jail would go a long way to 'fixing' it.

Might not fix THIS problem tho. This is the result of creating the fiction that Russians are evil and our enemy..

That's a damned good question. We reaalllyy need to get rid of all of those obummer and shrilary people who infest the State Dept. They are clearly bat poop crazy.

RWNJ instructions step 1) Always divert discussion to CLINTONS.

15Russia-master768.jpg

-End

Might not fix THIS problem tho. This is the result of creating the fiction that Russians are evil and our enemy..
Ummmm....they ARE.

It was proven they have been paying libs to incite racial division and violence while tearing the nation / govt apart with their createx 'Red Scare 2: Russiaphobia'.

Right now they 'own' this country and have not fired a shot.

That's a damned good question. We reaalllyy need to get rid of all of those obummer and shrilary people who infest the State Dept. They are clearly bat poop crazy.

RWNJ instructions step 1) Always divert discussion to CLINTONS.
Follow the EXISTING criminal evidence, not the non-existent BS...takes you to the Clintons, Barry, Holder, Comey, Mueller, Lynch, Clapper, Brennan, Rice, Koskinen, EVERY time...

The Security Team Hillary hired to protect the Benghazi compound, Ambassador Stephens, and Americans there had never taken a job where they had to carry / fire weapons.

WTF?

After 2 attacks on the compound, every other nation pulling their people out, Stephens' 50+ request for additional security being denied, Hillary REDUCED the number of security team members protecting the compound.

(THIS, btw, is what snowflakes call 'nothing bring found / proven' in the Benghazi hearings.)

Hillary hired an Al Qaeda-associated militia and a security firm that had never carried weapons before to protect Stephens and Americans surrounded by terrorists in Benghazi...

Again...WTF?!

Deflecting to the Clintons again? Coward.

Go find the PDF file I posted thru the link I gave above and READ the "Sole Source Justification" and the statement of the urgent problem.. And turn off the propaganda designed to stop you from UNDERSTANDING the issue.

What's to understand? Tillerson OK'd the security of our embassy to a company owned by an ex KGB agent. What could go wrong?

The Security Team Hillary hired to protect the Benghazi compound, Ambassador Stephens, and Americans there had never taken a job where they had to carry / fire weapons.

WTF?

After 2 attacks on the compound, every other nation pulling their people out, Stephens' 50+ request for additional security being denied, Hillary REDUCED the number of security team members protecting the compound.

(THIS, btw, is what snowflakes call 'nothing bring found / proven' in the Benghazi hearings.)

Hillary hired an Al Qaeda-associated militia and a security firm that had never carried weapons before to protect Stephens and Americans surrounded by terrorists in Benghazi...

Again...WTF?!

Just pointing out the only existing criminal evidence exposes the Clintons as criminals and traitors.

Need a safe space or a tissue?

What's to understand? Tillerson OK'd the security of our embassy to a company owned by an ex KGB agent. What could go wrong?
Sorta like how Hillary hired an Al Qaeda-associated militia to protect an Ambassador and Americans from ... AL QAEDA.

We all saw what went wrong...

WTF?

Again...WTF?!

Just pointing out the only existing criminal evidence exposes the Clintons as criminals and traitors.

Well, at least your silly made up accusations do.

WTF?

Again...WTF?!

The thing that pisses you off is you KNOW it's all real. You have seen the links, read the articles, seen it with your own eyes...even if you won't admit it...and you have to resort to these lame posts.

You really didn't the read the Justification did ya? There's a problem to solve. NOT a crude political club to wave accusations around. Read the justification for sole source contract and PROPOSE AN ALTERNATIVE...

I told you WHY this happened!! You're so fixated on scoring politically -- you don't even bother to research the background and the problems providing security at those embassies with all the expulsions.

WTF?

Again...WTF?!

The thing that pisses you off is you KNOW it's all real. You have seen the links, read the articles, seen it with your own eyes...even if you won't admit it...and you have to resort to these lame posts.

The thing that pisses you off is your constant attempts at deflection to the Clintons has become pathetic.

You really didn't the read the Justification did ya? There's a problem to solve. NOT a crude political club to wave accusations around. Read the justification for sole source contract and PROPOSE AN ALTERNATIVE...

I told you WHY this happened!! You're so fixated on scoring politically -- you don't even bother to research the background and the problems providing security at those embassies with all the expulsions.

No. I wouldn't hire a child molester to babysit. I wouldn't hire a junky to work in a pharmacy. I wouldn't hire a person with multiple DWIs to drive a school bus, and I wouldn't hire a company owned by an ex-KGB agent to guard our embassy. I don't care what you think might justify it.

No. I wouldn't hire a child molester to babysit. I wouldn't hire a junky to work in a pharmacy. I wouldn't hire a person with multiple DWIs to drive a school bus, and I wouldn't hire a company owned by an ex-KGB agent to guard our embassy. I don't care what you think might justify it.

What's you solution then? THAT'S WHAT I'm ASKING.. No solution -- then we have to close the embassies.

To ANSWER THAT QUESTION --- you need more than what your political handlers gave you.. If you don't have an ALTERNATE solution ,, you're just baby bawling..

15Russia-master768.jpg

-End

Oh cut the shit. Youre mad because I dont see using a KGB company for our embassy? Well boo hoo. Let that be cause to stand by. Me? Even tho your "What can we do" attitude is silly, I'm more worried about the fucking Russian hacks controlling the access to our Embassy.

What's you solution then? THAT'S WHAT I'm ASKING.. No solution -- then we have to close the embassies.

To ANSWER THAT QUESTION --- you need more than what your political handlers gave you.. If you don't have an ALTERNATE solution ,, you're just baby bawling..

Not my job to come up with a solution. I know that one was wrong. Why don't you ask the people whose job it is to come up with a reasonable solution?

15Russia-master768.jpg

-End

Yes it just never stops. They really should just close the American embassy down over there. It's got bugs throughout the entire buillding. Reagan closed it down because of that, then another President tore off the top 3 floors of the building, but it in no way is secure. How stupid of us to waste billions of dollars back in 1979 and let the Russians build it for us. They had bugs installed in the steel, the concrete, everywhere.

MOSCOW - The first time around, the new American Embassy building here was like a giant Soviet antenna, a monument to the ingenuity of the KGB and a constant and embarrassing reminder to the United States of a skirmish lost in the hard-fought Cold War.

Yesterday, U.S. Ambassador James Collins welcomed reporters to the second version of the building, finally open and operating 15 years after the first attempt had to be abandoned.
Bug-free U.S. Embassy building in Moscow opens for business

Forum List

Back