The problem with the republican party

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
The problem with the republican party is that it does not have a true idealogy it can call its own. It tends to be a dumping ground for democrats who quit their party when they realize that it was not a liberal party anymore. It hit me the other day when I remembered in school many years ago when a democrat said that your rights end when they violate mine. It mirrors what a liberal should be but it seems like that kind of liberalism has been slowly being digested into 'liberalism'. It use to be a liberal believed in free-enterprise, limited government, low taxes, and maximum individual freedom. I can't really say that is true of most democrats today which is why most go to the other party. Its what Reagen did in the sixties and I suspect that a few democrats are beginning to realize this as more and more begin to join the tea party movement or become independent.

The republican party ends up being a dumping ground for idealogies without a party such as libertarian and fed up liberals. The republican party higher ups reject libertarian, old liberalism, in favor of...hmmm.... I can't figure what the higher ups in the party believe which is why they don't really appeal to the vast majority of Americans who still hold to classical liberalism of the 19th century.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-5-picture1552-ihopehefails.jpg

Forum List

Back