The Problem with Barack Obama... to me...

I wouild be extremely disappointed in any president that was "passionate" about sending 30 thousand young americans into harm's way.

Exactly. It's a pretty sober decision to have to make.

and it is a terribly uncomfortable and distasteful one...having to send in 30 thousand young americans to clean up his predecessor's mess.

damn dubya to hell.

worst... president... EVER!

My bad if I assumed that others would get what I mean. It's has, to me, never been an insult to the man.... always an insult at the borg-like followers.

Of course trying to write off anyone who agrees with something Obama does as a "borg" is an incredibly childish, ad hom attack. I can only assume it means the name-caller doesn't have the capacity to actually debate the pros and cons of issues and lacking THAT ability they must resort to silliness.

btw - it's no different than liberals claiming conservatives are all in-bred ditto heads.

It just reflects the degeneration of political discourse and it's not just an insult to your ideological opponents, it's a roadblock to good government.

Nodog.....there is a difference between what Cali says and what you are saying....if you know what a Borg is,you would not have made your statement....EVERY President has his "Borg-like" followers...every one of them....

Last edited:
The problem with Obama is that he's not Hillary Clinton, someone that actually has balls and isn't afraid to use them. :lol:

And I can only imagine the criticism SHE would be taking on her every move. Hillary was as much reviled by the rabid right as Obama during the campaign. Remember the website STOP HER NOW! ?? Ha...be careful what you wish for cons.

Hillary was reviled more. The change didn't take place until after Obama won the Presidency. Hillary is/was basically out of the picture for the time being. If Hillary should run again, Obama will be considered a saint again compared to the "she-devil".

My statement stands. He was announcing a strategy change that will result in 30 thousand americans being placed in harm's way. That is nothing to be enthusiastic about imo.

Enthusiasm is often mis-portrayed as an appetite for conflict. If he'd been upbeat, Fox would have been all over it. Obama is surrounded by image consultants and speechwriters now - they would be unlikely to let him make such an obvious mistake.

'Passion' and 'enthusiasm' convey more of a 'positive pleasure' message, which is not what I meant; wrong words. I wish he had displayed much more conviction in his speech; confidence that, although this is something we wish we didn't need to do, we're going to do and we're going to win. I wish I had seen that which he displayed in the first video in his speech last night. I didn't.

I think his image consultants need to tell him to show some damn emotion. He may very well be getting advice to 'stay cool as it exudes confidence'. To me that comes off as indifferent and uncaring.

It could well be that he knows we're fighting a losing battle (literally). It would be hard to exude confidence if that's the case. Too bad we will never be privy to the many hours behind closed doors discussing the strategy. I'm sure there were many negatives figuring in to how to proceed.

Damn! I thought I was the only person that realize that we really cannot win this war... the War on Terrorism. Militarily we are likely to win every battle (WTC was no battle, it was slaughter) but in the long run our "goals" cannot be met.

The moronic Republicans used their majority in Congress to ensure that Clinton was tied up in litigation for his entire two terms. First it was the Whitewater nonsense, then they had the gaul to actually introduce impeachement proceedings over a blowjob.

It was the beginning of the end for the Republicans. It showed them for the meanspirited party willing to bring down the country for some political points

It was over a felony...purjury to be exact....lying to a Grand Jury.

Not a fucken blowjob you mental-midget.

never once convicted or even charged with a felony....

and presumed innocent until proven guilty of any felony...right?

Impeachment is the proceeding that leads the a Presidential trial which did happen to him. It lead to his trial and to his acquittal... but hey, sometimes even the most guilty beat the rap. :D

But, now to the comment I really wanted to make, presumed innocent is a fantasy. The accused is never presumed innocent by the prosecutors... usually not even after acquittal.

Immie

Obamanation, Messiah, etc - all of which insult the idiots who blindly follow the man, not the man himself. Idiot.

Yea, the problem is that if anyone agrees with him on anything, that's what they're labeled as instead of being an adult about shit, and having discussions. I mean, I tell some pretty childish jokes, horrific sometimes, maybe I should be shot, even, but it's getting boring as all hell to see the "anything Obama does is bad no matter what" crowd. It's ridiculous on its face and it's not based in reality, it's based in "mee goood.....youuuu baaad" mentality. Sort of like a cave-man, in a way, but with a few less IQ points.

I mean, his speech wasn't "passionate" enough? Can you swing any more from this dude's nut-hairs? Everything he does is spun as some evil maniacal end-game when in reality, he's JUST A MAN. He's not some evil genius, GTFO. He in all likelihood cares a great deal about troops and implying that someone doesn't care about something like that is akin to saying they're a bad person, basically. And you'd also be pulling that out of your ass.

exactly.....i said he wasn't passionate and i got insulted like i has insulted the guys messiah, was called a fag etc....

don't mess with the messiah

The moronic Republicans used their majority in Congress to ensure that Clinton was tied up in litigation for his entire two terms. First it was the Whitewater nonsense, then they had the gaul to actually introduce impeachement proceedings over a blowjob.

It was the beginning of the end for the Republicans. It showed them for the meanspirited party willing to bring down the country for some political points

If we want to get technical, he didn't lie to the grand jury. He chose his language very carefully to make a statement that misleading but still technically true.

If we want to get technical, he didn't lie to the grand jury. He chose his language very carefully to make a statement that misleading but still technically true.

The real crime was that rather than vote for censure or official disapproval, the vindictive Republican Congress tied the nation up in impeachment proceedings for two years

:lol:

it wasn't technically true at all....only a hack would say so...he flat out lied, charges were brought up for impeachment but congress didn't impeach him....

you can't explain how his statements were technically true, so you give us this pie of meadowmuffins.....

The problem with Obama is that he's not Hillary Clinton, someone that actually has balls and isn't afraid to use them. :lol:

And I can only imagine the criticism SHE would be taking on her every move. Hillary was as much reviled by the rabid right as Obama during the campaign. Remember the website STOP HER NOW! ?? Ha...be careful what you wish for cons.

Hillary was reviled more. The change didn't take place until after Obama won the Presidency. Hillary is/was basically out of the picture for the time being. If Hillary should run again, Obama will be considered a saint again compared to the "she-devil".

Damn! I thought I was the only person that realize that we really cannot win this war... the War on Terrorism. Militarily we are likely to win every battle (WTC was no battle, it was slaughter) but in the long run our "goals" cannot be met.

Impeachment is the proceeding that leads the a Presidential trial which did happen to him. It lead to his trial and to his acquittal... but hey, sometimes even the most guilty beat the rap. :D

But, now to the comment I really wanted to make, presumed innocent is a fantasy. The accused is never presumed innocent by the prosecutors... usually not even after acquittal.

Immie

like I said, never convicted of any felony, or even charged with one.

and like it or not, one of the foundations of our system of justice is the presumed innocence of accused.

deal with it.

Clinton was never found guilty of the crime of perjury.

it wasn't technically true at all....only a hack would say so...he flat out lied, charges were brought up for impeachment but congress didn't impeach him....

you can't explain how his statements were technically true, so you give us this pie of meadowmuffins.....

His statement was technically true. He said that he never had "sexual relations" with Ms. Lewinsky. While the plain language reading of that is no sexual contact at all, the term "sexual relations" refers specifically to intercourse. While he did a lot of things with Monica, he never fucked her.

My bad if I assumed that others would get what I mean. It's has, to me, never been an insult to the man.... always an insult at the borg-like followers.

Of course trying to write off anyone who agrees with something Obama does as a "borg" is an incredibly childish, ad hom attack. I can only assume it means the name-caller doesn't have the capacity to actually debate the pros and cons of issues and lacking THAT ability they must resort to silliness.

btw - it's no different than liberals claiming conservatives are all in-bred ditto heads.

It just reflects the degeneration of political discourse and it's not just an insult to your ideological opponents, it's a roadblock to good government.

Nodog.....there is a difference between what Cali says and what you are saying....if you know what a Borg is,you would not have made your statement....EVERY President has his "Borg-like" followers...every one of them....

Quite right.... I keep waiting for someone to ask me if I referred to those who blindly supported Bush as BushBorg.... because the answer would be yes, I did.

The fact of it is that I dislike the blindly stupid who just agree with any POTUS because they support that party. They are all fucking borg to me.

How dare you?

Do you think ANY President doesn't care that soldiers are being killed? Do you think LBJ cared? Do you think Nixon cared? I don't care what party or political persuasion a President belongs to, having to face dead soldiers coming home is haunting to every President

How dare I? Because I'm an American and I can speak freely. Our forefathers fought and died for that. And I stand by it.... I don't think Obama gives a shit about Afghanistan.

You have no concept of what freedom of speech means. Freedom of speech means you can not be arrested for what you say. It does not mean that you can say anything you want without consequence or criticism .
I think that for you to imply that Obama or any President doesn't care about our soldiers dying is reprehensible. EVERY American President who makes decisions that result in soldiers dying agonizes over it.
For you to claim otherwise show what a shallow, partisan bitch you really are

Actually, I know exactly what freedom of speech means, thanks. I really don't need some partisan hack to tell me about consequence criticism. You disagree, you are welcome to say so - that's freedom of speech..... But for you to call me a partisan bitch is the pot calling the kettle black.... except it is tricky for me to be a partisan because I don't support the GOP any more than I do the DNC.

Plenty of lefties have said the same about Bush - if it was okay then, it is okay now. I don't think Obama gives a shit about Afghanistan - if he did, he would have given McChrystal what he asked for in order to win it, fast, and bring our troops home. Overwhelming force.

Immie

and like it or not, one of the foundations of our system of justice is the presumed innocence of accused.

deal with it.

and Bush get's the same quarter from the left????? He hasn't EVER been charged with any felonies yet the left wing loon bozo's say he's guilty of everything from drug trafficking to murder.

His statement was technically true. He said that he never had "sexual relations" with Ms. Lewinsky. While the plain language reading of that is no sexual contact at all, the term "sexual relations" refers specifically to intercourse. While he did a lot of things with Monica, he never fucked her.

Now that is just plain fucking sad.

To get impeached and not inpussied.

Immie

deal with it.

Because he never let it go to trial. He plea-bargained his ass out of it. He paid a huge fine and he lost his license to practice law in the state of Arkansas. Whooo hoooo..

Nether was much of a gig on him because he had the Clinton Defense Fund to pay the fine and he hasn't practiced law for over 30 years anyway.

Last edited:

Republican Party showed to the world they were more interested in vindictive prosecution than what was good for the country.

I think what's good for the country is a President that's honest...don't you?

No, I'm sorry....maybe that's why you support Obama...because honesty is too passe' for someone like you.

No, he just jerked off on her dress and crammed a cigar case up her ass.

That's one sick fuck.

He should have fucked her.

At least he would have seemed normal then.

Forum List

Back