The Problem with Barack Obama... to me...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by California Girl, Dec 2, 2009.

1. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I keep reading on here (and elsewhere) how these mythical 'right wingers' all loathe/hate Obama. To be clear, I don't hate Obama. Actually, there was a time - back in 2004 - when I thought he might be a Democrat I would vote for as POTUS. Rare as hens teeth! And, as I am 28, I have never seen a Republican that I thought I might vote for as POTUS.

But when I stopped watching his speeches, and started reading the transcripts instead, I found I was - yet again - disappointed. He's not an honest man. I'm not saying he's less honest than the rest, just that will not vote for a dishonest politician. I find that quite hard every election day.

Anyway, while watching his Afghan speech this evening (1am UK time), I remembered what it is that first started me questioning him. So, to explain it, here are two videos of his speeches.

The first is one of his speeches to the SEUI. This is Obama, passionate, caring, totally commited to the cause.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1NJaCtIkM[/ame]

This is his Afghan speech from last night. Nothing - no passion, no commitment, no rallying the American people to a just cause.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxBAOXCqEw[/ame]

That's what I don't like about Obama. He's a community organizer - and we need a world class leader. Now, if anyone wants to define that as 'hate', then feel free but I don't hate the man - I fundamentally disagree with his policies. But the issue I have with Obama - he is just not good enough to lead our country.

Discuss, or not... either is fine by me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 10
  2. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    He lacks balls.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yea, but I hate those threads that start off with a couple of words. I like some content!! You have, however, summed it up beautifully, Art.

4. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    I'll agree with this to an extent....he lacks balls when it comes to addressing the Nation concerning something that affects all of us.....but he has balls when addressing his base on items that only they care about....like government run healthcare. He only represents 22% of the population at this point....those are his hard core supporters....the rest he has either lost or is losing because of his arrogance.....that's my bottom line.

and for the record...I do support his sending more troops to Afghanistan....but if he's going to hobble them with a fucked up ROE then may as well bring all the troops home and then America can just wait for a President who has got balls to go back over there and kick the living shit out of them after the next terrorist attack on American soil.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    He doesn't have balls when it comes to addressing his base on their issues. He pays lip service and doesn't follow through on most things.

6. Mike458877

Mike458877 Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Well put, Ca. Girl

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,248
    Fair enough...

You are entitled to your opinion

8. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,397

I feel that you hate him not for your simple disagreements, but when I see you go along with the little "side" digs on him that are totally unnecessary.........................the unwarranted criticisms(not on policy, but on corny shit that has no bearing on anything), etc.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,248
    I agree. He looks for compromise too much. He needs to grab an issue and drive it home. LBJ got Civil Rights through even though he had strong opposition in both parties. Obama needs to show more strength within his party and just screw the Republicans. They are not going to support anything he does anyway

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,631
    Jesse Jackson stole them! :eusa_angel: