The problem I have with organized religion is...

It’s hard to fathom we can look back in history over thirty thousand years ago and understand what took place. I’m not disrespecting religion.
No, you are not disrespecting religion, just making yourself look like an ass if you think there was any sort of "organized religion" 30,000 years ago when Neanderthals were living in caves wearing animal skins and just beginning to domestic dogs as companions. :badgrin:

we live in a modern world where everything is so well documented, and yet still, we cannot agree on what happened last week. It’s hard to fathom we can look back in history over thirty thousand years ago and understand what took place. I’m not disrespecting religion. I think it holds value for society and many individuals across the world, but for me personally I have decided to just believe in a higher power and not conform to any particular religion, because I don’t trust man to tell me about what has transpired in the past.

Certainty claims bother me too. I also hate the semi mandatory church attendance. Lengthy prayer requests time can be quite annoying too. The rest I pretty much enjoy. Religious people are pretty pleasant people to have as friends.

I am leaving church in a while but it is only because I know none of it is true. It makes me slightly uncomfortable that I have no clue how we got here and so many people around me know for certain how it happened. I don't like that. That means I am surrounded by liars that lie for some unknown motivation. How can I take them seriously if they are my friends to help me through life? They aren't sane . It makes me vulnerable to bad advice forever.
Are you still pushing this BS story? Seriously?

There is no BS story. You are free to believe what makes you feel the best deep inside your soul. Don't get all fussy about what is true and what is not. Just believe lies if it fits your personal narrative. I sent you a PM with the truth.
Let me ask you this, if you were being subversive would you admit to it?
If you had no proof, would you even know it? Let alone admit to it.
What proof are you looking for now, Taz?

we live in a modern world where everything is so well documented, and yet still, we cannot agree on what happened last week. It’s hard to fathom we can look back in history over thirty thousand years ago and understand what took place. I’m not disrespecting religion. I think it holds value for society and many individuals across the world, but for me personally I have decided to just believe in a higher power and not conform to any particular religion, because I don’t trust man to tell me about what has transpired in the past.

Certainty claims bother me too. I also hate the semi mandatory church attendance. Lengthy prayer requests time can be quite annoying too. The rest I pretty much enjoy. Religious people are pretty pleasant people to have as friends.

I am leaving church in a while but it is only because I know none of it is true. It makes me slightly uncomfortable that I have no clue how we got here and so many people around me know for certain how it happened. I don't like that. That means I am surrounded by liars that lie for some unknown motivation. How can I take them seriously if they are my friends to help me through life? They aren't sane . It makes me vulnerable to bad advice forever.

There is no BS story. You are free to believe what makes you feel the best deep inside your soul. Don't get all fussy about what is true and what is not. Just believe lies if it fits your personal narrative. I sent you a PM with the truth.

Eventually I would. I am no good at holding on to my lies.
Don’t be so hard on yourself.

None from you because you have none.

You are walking around with nothing because I have it all.

The problem with religion is that every one thinks they are Gods favorite

Who would want to belong to a religion that thinks it is second best?

:lame2:

:lame2:
Just call me butter because I am on a roll.

Yes, one can see the development of esoteric knowledge by an elite clergy in burial practices and tombs during the Neolithic, as houses began to be placed in rows. See Hodder, The Domestication of Europe.

as well the recorded history through the ages might also be a motivation behind your choice ... persecution and victimization of the innocent seems their foremost endeavor.

That's what Stalin, Hitler, Mao and Pol Pot said as they murdered tens of millions. Oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies. That was atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century.
That's what Stalin, Hitler, Mao and Pol Pot said as they murdered tens of millions. Oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies. That was atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century.

they were paying you back for all your crimes - against them, theirs is the same remorse as yours.

as well the recorded history through the ages might also be a motivation behind your choice ... persecution and victimization of the innocent seems their foremost endeavor.

they were paying you back for all your crimes - against them, theirs is the same remorse as yours.
That’s pretty awesome that you defend them so admirably.

Organized religion is great if you need a place to throw your money away

I dont know of any religion that goes back 30K yrs except evolution, and that one claims they know what happened billions of yrs ago

Forum List

Back