Is marital infidelity even a political issue anymore?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by deanrd, Sep 9, 2019.

1. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,068
    President Trump Tweets About Mark Sanford's 'Flaming Dancer' Affair

We have also accepted the complete collapse of shame as a social force, and Donald Trump, American president is once again a shining example. You might remember that the president has very publicly cheated on every wife he's ever had, and even paid off some of his mistresses—whom he still somehow insists are lying about it all—to stay quiet about their (non?)-affairs. (These allegations are separate from those of the many women who have accused him of sexual assault or misconduct, the kind of behavior he bragged about on tape.) Anyway, here's the president's response to news that he has another primary opponent for the Republican presidential nomination:

When the former Governor of the Great State of South Carolina, @MarkSanford, was reported missing, only to then say he was away hiking on the Appalachian Trail, then was found in Argentina with his Flaming Dancer friend, it sounded like his political career was over. It was,.......but then he ran for Congress and won, only to lose his re-elect after I Tweeted my endorsement, on Election Day, for his opponent. But now take heart, he is back, and running for President of the United States. The Three Stooges, all badly failed candidates, will give it a go!

________

How do you make fun of somebody else’s marriage infidelity when you have the kind of history Trump has?
    More evidence that Republicans are not the party of God and morals and not the party of family values.

It is funny that Donald Trump used the term “flaming dancer“ as a racist meme against Mark Sanford‘s mistress just because she’s from Argentina. Pretty typical behavior.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. aaronleland

aaronleland Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,133
    How is "flaming dancer" racist?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Old Man Grumbles

Old Man Grumbles Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +555
    While some voters would turn against a candidate for this, I'd prefer knowing their political stances on the topics of interest to American voters.

4. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,068
    Because the woman wasn’t a dancer. It’s a term mocking a Hispanic woman from Argentina.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. aaronleland

aaronleland Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,133
    I don't see where calling a woman a dancer is racist. :dunno:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. playtime

playtime Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,226
    for christ sake- if he is gonna try to come off as an intelligent racist, the least he can do is get his insult right........... i think he was going for flamenco dancer.... which is spanish, not argentinian... & they dance the tango..... oh well he's a dotardo either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. Bruce_T_Laney

Bruce_T_Laney Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,516
    Got to love it!

Trump keep the sheep busy with tweets while they ignore what he is actually doing...

Trump enjoys this and you feed off his trolling without knowing you are a pawn in his own mental midget game...

8. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,892
    I think that the public acceptance of the conduct of trump, sanford, vitter, and the like shows that infidelity is not a real issue, anymore, so long as the individual in question is male. However, I think that the "conservative" pulpit pounders would have screaming fits if a female office-holder or candidate was found out to be unfaithful. The cancer of the "double standard" is alive and thriving in our society. Can you even imagine a thrice-married candidate Suzie Q, who committed adultery against her third husband and bragged of grabbing guys' crotches, being elected to office because personal sexual escapades do not matter and she has "good ideas"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. aaronleland

aaronleland Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,133
    Hillary stayed with a cheating husband for decades, and came within an arms grasp of winning the presidency. She even attacked his accusers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,117
    I guess you would know since you're always looking down on brown people, Troll King.