Is marital infidelity even a political issue anymore?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
President Trump Tweets About Mark Sanford's 'Flaming Dancer' Affair

We have also accepted the complete collapse of shame as a social force, and Donald Trump, American president is once again a shining example. You might remember that the president has very publicly cheated on every wife he's ever had, and even paid off some of his mistresses—whom he still somehow insists are lying about it all—to stay quiet about their (non?)-affairs. (These allegations are separate from those of the many women who have accused him of sexual assault or misconduct, the kind of behavior he bragged about on tape.) Anyway, here's the president's response to news that he has another primary opponent for the Republican presidential nomination:

When the former Governor of the Great State of South Carolina, @MarkSanford, was reported missing, only to then say he was away hiking on the Appalachian Trail, then was found in Argentina with his Flaming Dancer friend, it sounded like his political career was over. It was,.......but then he ran for Congress and won, only to lose his re-elect after I Tweeted my endorsement, on Election Day, for his opponent. But now take heart, he is back, and running for President of the United States. The Three Stooges, all badly failed candidates, will give it a go!

________

How do you make fun of somebody else’s marriage infidelity when you have the kind of history Trump has?
More evidence that Republicans are not the party of God and morals and not the party of family values.

It is funny that Donald Trump used the term “flaming dancer“ as a racist meme against Mark Sanford‘s mistress just because she’s from Argentina. Pretty typical behavior.

for christ sake- if he is gonna try to come off as an intelligent racist, the least he can do is get his insult right........... i think he was going for flamenco dancer.... which is spanish, not argentinian... & they dance the tango..... oh well he's a dotardo either way.

Got to love it!

Trump keep the sheep busy with tweets while they ignore what he is actually doing...

Trump enjoys this and you feed off his trolling without knowing you are a pawn in his own mental midget game...

I think that the public acceptance of the conduct of trump, sanford, vitter, and the like shows that infidelity is not a real issue, anymore, so long as the individual in question is male. However, I think that the "conservative" pulpit pounders would have screaming fits if a female office-holder or candidate was found out to be unfaithful. The cancer of the "double standard" is alive and thriving in our society. Can you even imagine a thrice-married candidate Suzie Q, who committed adultery against her third husband and bragged of grabbing guys' crotches, being elected to office because personal sexual escapades do not matter and she has "good ideas"?

I think that the public acceptance of the conduct of trump, sanford, vitter, and the like shows that infidelity is not a real issue, anymore, so long as the individual in question is male. However, I think that the "conservative" pulpit pounders would have screaming fits if a female office-holder or candidate was found out to be unfaithful. The cancer of the "double standard" is alive and thriving in our society. Can you even imagine a thrice-married candidate Suzie Q, who committed adultery against her third husband and bragged of grabbing guys' crotches, being elected to office because personal sexual escapades do not matter and she has "good ideas"?

Hillary stayed with a cheating husband for decades, and came within an arms grasp of winning the presidency. She even attacked his accusers.

How do you make fun of somebody else’s marriage infidelity when you have the kind of history Trump has?
More evidence that Republicans are not the party of God and morals and not the party of family values.

No, in practice they are not, but nobody who supported the Clintons and the Kennedys are in any position to criticize Trump's infidelities.

How is "flaming dancer" racist?
Because the woman wasn’t a dancer. It’s a term mocking a Hispanic woman from Argentina.

I don't see where calling a woman a dancer is racist. :dunno:
It probably isn’t. Course I didn’t say dancer. I said “flaming dancer“.

It’s like calling an African-American a black isn’t really insulting until you say black tar baby. Then suddenly it’s insulting and racist.

But you knew that.

What we’re finding out is that clearly, adultery is only bad if you’re a Democrat. For Republicans, adultery is considered normal and just part of their marriage. It’s something you’re just not supposed to talk about.

It looks like Democrats are held to a higher standard than Republicans. But I can understand that, because Republicans are a nearly all white party.
That’s the difference.

We have also accepted the complete collapse of shame as a social force, and Donald Trump, American president is once again a shining example. You might remember that the president has very publicly cheated on every wife he's ever had, and even paid off some of his mistresses—whom he still somehow insists are lying about it all—to stay quiet about their (non?)-affairs. (These allegations are separate from those of the many women who have accused him of sexual assault or misconduct, the kind of behavior he bragged about on tape.) Anyway, here's the president's response to news that he has another primary opponent for the Republican presidential nomination:

When the former Governor of the Great State of South Carolina, @MarkSanford, was reported missing, only to then say he was away hiking on the Appalachian Trail, then was found in Argentina with his Flaming Dancer friend, it sounded like his political career was over. It was,.......but then he ran for Congress and won, only to lose his re-elect after I Tweeted my endorsement, on Election Day, for his opponent. But now take heart, he is back, and running for President of the United States. The Three Stooges, all badly failed candidates, will give it a go!

________

It is funny that Donald Trump used the term “flaming dancer“ as a racist meme against Mark Sanford‘s mistress just because she’s from Argentina. Pretty typical behavior.

Well if you want to know the truth, marital infidelity wasn't really a political issue until you started this thread.

Evidently it is now, since you took it upon yourself to answer your own question.

What we’re finding out is that clearly, adultery is only bad if you’re a Democrat. For Republicans, adultery is considered normal and just part of their marriage. It’s something you’re just not supposed to talk about.

It looks like Democrats are held to a higher standard than Republicans. But I can understand that, because Republicans are a nearly all white party.
That’s the difference.

Kennedy and Clinton are the most popular Democrats in recent history. Both were notorious for their infidelity.

Hillary stayed with a cheating husband for decades, and came within an arms grasp of winning the presidency. She even attacked his accusers.

Ms. Clinton had counseling, with her husband, from the clergy at her church. Who knows whether her husband has ever cheated again.

You are suggesting that anyone who is cheated upon immediately throw out her or his cheating spouse's belongs onto the front lawn, even if they have kids together. Should each of tramp's THREE wives have done this, or sanford's wife, or vitter's? Which do you agree with: immediately terminating the marriage, regardless of whether children are present, or trying to repair the marriage?

Ms. Clinton had counseling, with her husband, from the clergy at her church. Who knows whether her husband has ever cheated again.

You are suggesting that anyone who is cheated upon immediately throw out her or his cheating spouse's belongs onto the front lawn, even if they have kids together. Should each of tramp's THREE wives have done this, or sanford's wife, or vitter's? Which do you agree with: immediately terminating the marriage, regardless of whether children are present, or trying to repair the marriage?

Their drama was played out on an international stage. It's not the same thing as some "Joe Schmo" being caught cheating.

________

It is funny that Donald Trump used the term “flaming dancer“ as a racist meme against Mark Sanford‘s mistress just because she’s from Argentina. Pretty typical
behavior.

If JFK didn't kill fidelity as a political issue, Clinton sure finished it off for good.

Their drama was played out on an international stage. It's not the same thing as some "Joe Schmo" being caught cheating.

You didn't answer my question. Which do you prefer? Throw your cheating spouse's ass out on to the street or work to repair the marriage? I don't know what difference being on the "international stage" would make.

Idc about their private life.
Never have never will.
People fuck :dunno:

Forum List

Back