The Princess Bride

I just learned that Andre was a physical wreck by this time in his life, and could not lift anything. The final scene where he "catches" the bride was set up so that he didn't have to bear ANY weight, because he couldn't do it.

As others have said, there are so many great scenes that it's impossible to pick a favorite.

Right up there with Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Yes, Andre The Giant suffered a huge amount of pain during filming. His size caused him so many problems.

"Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo"!!!!!!

That old woman used to scare the bejesus out of me when I was little.

As my daughter would say... "dad, read the books". :lol:

I read the books, I watched the movies ... it's been too long. I then Googled, pretty sure at a cursory glance that it was a phoenix feather.

You read the books and saw the movies, BUT... do you have the limited edition commemorative cocktail napkins?

Shoosh!

/hides limited edition commemorative cocktail napkins

Prince Humperdinck: Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped.

Count Rugen: Get some rest. If you haven’t got your health, then you haven’t got anything.

Love that line.

LOL, no! I think I've only seen it once when we first rented it years ago.

I do have the Harry Potter series down pat, though. :lol:

OK. What kind of core did Harry's wand contain?

No fair looking it up.

Geeez. Was it dragon something. Ish?

You mean Dragon Heart-string.

Nope. Harry Potter's wand was 11 inches long, made of holly and had a phoenix feather core. The feather was donated by Fawkes, Albus Dumbledore's phoenix. It was revealed by Garrick Ollivander that Tom Riddle's wand core also came from Fawkes, making the two wands "brothers". This is very important to the story.

You see Voldemort's wand shared the same core with Harry's which made it difficult for him to attack Harry, and also acted as a shield for whomever was being attacked. Not to mention the fact that Harry was carrying a part of Voldemort's soul inside of himself because he was present when Voldemort killed his mother, thus the scar was imprinted on Harry's forehead when Voldemort turned his wand against Harry. Attempting a killing curse on Harry nearly destroyed Voldemort, which was the basis of the story about the boy who lived. It was the reason Harry's wand chose him, but at the time nobody knew why.

This is all based on a true story of course.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back