The Price of Gas in 2016 if Obama is re-elected

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It is the stated goal of the Obama administration to raise the price of gas to reduce consumption of oil and gas. They make no bones about it, they want the price of gas to reach the price in Europe, which is $8 - $20 bucks in some places. Are you ready for that? How much will economic growth be stunted if he is the president for 4 more years?

How much more taxpayer money will be pissed away on "investments" like Solyndra? Or high-speed rail? Companies that cannot be profitable without gov't subsidies, are you okay with flushing tens, eventually hundreds of billions down the tubes on crap like that? Have you seen the story about the wind farm in the pacific northwest? We paid millions to build a wind farm, subsidize the operations, and now the energy users gotta pay the wind company for lost revenues when they shut down production? Are you fucking kidding me? And it'll be a regular occurrence, the bill could run up to $50 million a year, and the customers will have to pay more. And you wanna vote for this?

snippet:
" Wind farms in the Pacific Northwest -- built with government subsidies and maintained with tax credits for every megawatt produced -- are now getting paid to shut down as the federal agency charged with managing the region's electricity grid says there's an oversupply of renewable power at certain times of the year. "

Wind Farms In Pacific Northwest Paid To Not Produce | Fox News

Last edited:
I haven't seen any stated goal of the admin to intentionally raise gas prices. I mean, it surely may exist, but I haven't heard this.

As far as the solar companies going belly up, I understand that the Chinese flooded the market to undercut our investment and yank the rug out from under our producers. Any truth to that?

No it won't.

You act like people will just sit there and take it.

The highest I've seen gas anywhere was in the middle of London for 9 pounds.

Last edited:
No it won't.

9 pounds in US Dollars is somewhere around $14.00..........the exchange rate is .7620 as of March 11, 2012. USDEUR=X Basic Chart | USD/EUR Stock - Yahoo! Finance

Don't let the facts confuse you.

9 lbs for what? Don't they go by the litre? BTW, 9 lbs= $11.81.

At 9lb/L gas would be $44.70/gal! :doubt:

Shit. I need to make my rounds today and gather up 100 or so gallons of waste oil.A lil heat, filter changes, some bug juice, and I'm set for 6 months. You guys actually buy energy ???
I'll bet you even own a suit or three ! :confused:

No it won't.

9 pounds in US Dollars is somewhere around $14.00..........the exchange rate is .7620 as of March 11, 2012. USDEUR=X Basic Chart | USD/EUR Stock - Yahoo! Finance

I believe their measurement of the liter is different than our measurement of the unit.

But not sure.

No it won't.

Where did you get those numbers?? Here's another converter for you.........Currency Calculator - x-rates It's still $14.2016 :shock:

Even if it were only $11.81 isn't that still a little steep for a gallon of gas?? :confused:

Gasoline and diesel have become our biggest export. No lack of petroleum, no lack of refinery capacity. No need to drill, drill, drill. Simple fact is that we are competing against people in other nations for a desired commodity. Until such time as there is an alternative to that commodity, it's price will continue to rise, worldwide.

Yet, it is the very people screaming about the price that are also scream about the idea of such an alternative. They are absolutely averse to the idea of replacing the ICE with EVs. Even though doing such would bring the price of gasoline down, as the demand for petro fuels declined. Funny illogical view of the world these 'Conservatives' have.

Gasoline and diesel have become our biggest export. No lack of petroleum, no lack of refinery capacity. No need to drill, drill, drill. Simple fact is that we are competing against people in other nations for a desired commodity. Until such time as there is an alternative to that commodity, it's price will continue to rise, worldwide.

Yet, it is the very people screaming about the price that are also scream about the idea of such an alternative. They are absolutely averse to the idea of replacing the ICE with EVs. Even though doing such would bring the price of gasoline down, as the demand for petro fuels declined. Funny illogical view of the world these 'Conservatives' have.

Yep I am not entirely sure why they are that way.
Luddites?
Worshiping big oil?
Amazing that they are not still driving horse drawn buggies.

It is the stated goal of the Obama administration to raise the price of gas to reduce consumption of oil and gas.

Yeah way to go, lad..

Start off with an obvious lie and then go from there.

We're all impressed with your partisanship.

Hey! ~ maybe the masters will notice how loyal you are and let you eat the crumbs off their table.

That's what you're hoping for, isn't it?

Good luck with that, kid.

It is the stated goal of the Obama administration to raise the price of gas to reduce consumption of oil and gas.

Yeah way to go, lad..

Start off with an obvious lie and then go from there.

We're all impressed with your partisanship.

Hey! ~ maybe the masters will notice how loyal you are and let you eat the crumbs off their table.

That's what you're hoping for, isn't it?

Good luck with that, kid.

I ain't no kid, and BTW FUCK YOU.

You don't know about Energy Sec'y Chu's famous quote: "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” ? Spoken back in 2008, as if that makes a difference to ass clowns like you.

Forum List

Back