Who has the right to your money?

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
I mean personally. Consider your paycheck every week/two weeks/month.

Who has a right to use that money the way they want, without your say or control? Is this right in your mind? Why yes or no?

The government?
The Church?
Your neighbor?
Your friends?
Total Strangers?
A business?

I'm curious to see who has what to say on that subject when it comes to their personal finance.

Well... I think the operative word here, per usual, is "right". First, define what you think a right is, where it comes from, how it is ensured or protected, and whether or not rights can disappear or be revoked and if new ones emerge? I mean, I suppose a whole lot of the folks here might contend that the guy with the loaded weapon decides about who has the "right". Right?

Well... I think the operative word here, per usual, is "right". First, define what you think a right is, where it comes from, how it is ensured or protected, and whether or not rights can disappear or be revoked and if new ones emerge? I mean, I suppose a whole lot of the folks here might contend that the guy with the loaded weapon decides about who has the "right". Right?
great... the ever mutable definition of 'is'. :rolleyes:

you tell me, since you're using the relativist philosophy on the word 'right' what it means to you.

Actually it is the government's money.

The government issues the money.

So the government can take all your money any time it wants leaving you with nothing?

Just asking if this is what you mean.

Does your labor, time, effort and skill mean nothing? Do you not earn anything you have?

you tell me, since you're using the relativist philosophy on the word 'right' what it means to you.

I didn't ask the question so I'm not sure that MY definition will help answer YOUR question.

For me, a "right" is only as meaningful as the power to ensure that right. You can claim a "right" to your whole paycheck but there are others who claim a "right" to some of it. So... who has the power to ensure their "right"?

I mean...this question can be addressed in a few different ways, is all I'm saying. And i would choose to address it from a realist perspective.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I suppose the government has a right to my money unless of course I want to exercise my right to have an attorney present before questioning.

I don't mind paying taxes for what the Constitution states are the enumerated powers, and I don't mind helping out the less fortunate; voluntarily. What I do mind is the government forcing me to pay for specific welfare as opposed to general welfare.

I didn't ask the question so I'm not sure that MY definition will help answer YOUR question.

For me, a "right" is only as meaningful as the power to ensure that right. You can claim a "right" to your whole paycheck but there are others who claim a "right" to some of it. So... who has the power to ensure their "right"?

I mean...this question can be addressed in a few different ways, is all I'm saying. And i would choose to address it from a realist perspective.
That's what I'm asking. What do you feel is 'right' by your definition, not mine. Is there someone out there that can take every penny out of your hand for their own purposes? Or is there a limit? What are those limits that are acceptable. Who are those who can do such things and why?

I want your opinion.

Another stupid post by the board moron.

If property rights have no meaning to you, then maybe you quit selling houses because that would mean you are running a scam.

Asshole.

Well... I think the operative word here, per usual, is "right". First, define what you think a right is, where it comes from, how it is ensured or protected, and whether or not rights can disappear or be revoked and if new ones emerge? I mean, I suppose a whole lot of the folks here might contend thast the guy with the loaded weapon decides about who has the "right". Right?

Whats to stop me from playing"A Clockwork Orange?"

Apparently what is mine is yours and what yours is mine...

Who has a right to use that money the way they want, without your say or control? Is this right in your mind? Why yes or no?

The government?
The Church?
Your neighbor?
Your friends?
Total Strangers?
A business?

I'm curious to see who has what to say on that subject when it comes to their personal finance.

The government has a right to a portion of my money to pay for the services it provides to me.

Roads, defense, post office, etc.

No one else has a right to stick their hands in my pockets.

Too often, others use the government as the vehicle to get their hands into my pockets. They want me to pay for their services, too.

That is what is killing us. "Give me this, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Someone said above that the "government issues the money". Well, that is another way the government robs you; printing too much money, making what is in your pocket that you earned worth less.

The government?
The Church?
Your neighbor?
Your friends?
Total Strangers?
A business?

The left-wing turds have a million rationalizations as to why someone else (them) is more entitled to spend it than you are.

Only the paper notes belong to the government, not the value they represent. Furthermore, the government forces us to use it. That doesn't morally entitle the government to jack shit.

Forum List

Back