The Presidential Debate: Trump

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Trump said during the debate:
  • Interrupted Mrs. Clinton essentially non-stop through the first 30 minutes and was yelling the whole time.
  • Stop our companies from leaving the U.S. Yeah, that sounds like "freedom" to me. NOT!
  • Second question/segment from Holt: How will you make American companies return to the U.S?
    • Answer:
      • Don't let them leave.
      • Impose tariffs on companies that leave.
    • How to bring them back? Not answered.
    • Obama has topped over 230 years of debt. False. 1786 would be 230 years. The U.S. had no national debt under President Andrew Jackson in 1835. That's half a century of history he has missed somehow. 50 years is in fact ~20% of the 230 years he noted.
    • Other unfounded assertions:
      • You are going to regulate businesses out of existence.
      • New companies cannot form.
      • You are going to raise taxes "big league" -- by 1.3T.
  • Next segment: Taxes
    • Companies cannot bring their money back to the U.S.
      • Say what? WTF? Even I've transferred money into and out of the U.S. I have no idea why he says that others cannot.
    • Rebuttal to Mrs. Clinton's response
      • Assertion after assertion; made claims about what's going on as he sees it, but not one word about how to correct it, other than the implicit "vote for me" solution.
  • Next theme: Trump tax return and finances
  • Next theme: race relations.
    • Opens by identify what's going on.
    • Advocates "stop and frisk." Nevermind that it was found unconstitutional.
      • You need S&F when you have 4000 people killed.
      • You need better relationships with the police.
      • We need law an order in the inner cities.
    • Says "we have to know what we're doing." ??? Hugh? Well...duh! So what is he going to do? He didn't say.

This is where I stopped watching and typing because of the two candidates, "tell it like it is" Trump is the one from whom I expected to hear direct answers to the questions he was asked and he wouldn't give them. I expected to hear specific details of how he would do things, and he didn't give them.

There he stood, the only politician since "God only knows when" who can literally put forth any policy idea he wants to regardless of what "the establishment" thinks of it, and he didn't put forth any details. And seeing as he's been "detail light" for the past year and a half, I think tonight was high-time he put forth the detailed "what's" and detailed "hows" and summary estimates of "how much it's going to cost" of whatever initiatives he wants to implement. That's what business people do before they are going to implement something. That's the difference I'm looking for, and it's the difference I don't see. Because I don't see it, Trump's in my mind no different than any other politician. Yet he's purportedly running on a "change" theme, he's supposedly running on the "I'm not like all the rest of them" theme. BS. I hear him say he is, but I don't see the evidence of it in the nature of his remarks nor in the substance of his articulated "policies."

• Interrupted Mrs. Clinton essentially non-stop through the first 30 minutes and was yelling the whole time.
  • Stop our companies from leaving the U.S. Yeah, that sounds like "freedom" to me. NOT!
  • Second question/segment from Holt: How will you make American companies return to the U.S?
    • Answer:
      • Don't let them leave.
    • Obama has topped over 230 years of debt. False. 1786 would be 230 years. The U.S. had no national debt under President Andrew Jackson in 1835. That's half a century of history he has missed somehow. 50 years is in fact ~20% of the 230 years he noted.
      • Say what? WTF? Even I've transferred money into and out of the U.S. I have no idea why he says that others cannot.
      • Assertion after assertion; made claims about what's going on as he sees it, but not one word about how to correct it, other than the implicit "vote for me" solution.
    • Says "we have to know what we're doing." ??? Hugh? Well...duh! So what is he going to do? He didn't say.

This is where I stopped watching and typing because of the two candidates, "tell it like it is" Trump is the one from whom I expected to hear direct answers to the questions he was asked and he wouldn't give them. I expected to hear specific details of how he would do things, and he didn't give them.

There he stood, the only politician since "God only knows when" who can literally put forth any policy idea he wants to regardless of what "the establishment" thinks of it, and he didn't put forth any details. And seeing as he's been "detail light" for the past year and a half, I think tonight was high-time he put forth the detailed "what's" and detailed "hows" and summary estimates of "how much it's going to cost" of whatever initiatives he wants to implement. That's what business people do before they are going to implement something. That's the difference I'm looking for, and it's the difference I don't see. Because I don't see it, Trump's in my mind no different than any other politician. Yet he's purportedly running on a "change" theme, he's supposedly running on the "I'm not like all the rest of them" theme. BS. I hear him say he is, but I don't see the evidence of it in the nature of his remarks nor in the substance of his articulated "policies."

Why don't you just say you are voting for Hillary? You obviously have a hard on for Trump. Rants like yours improve his chances.

• Answer:
      • Don't let them leave.

Why don't you just say you are voting for Hillary? You obviously have a hard on for Trump. Rants like yours improve his chances.
He has already admitted in open thread he is in the tank for Hillary and leaving the board the day AFTER the election. Thus he is not truly a member but a flunky spammer working off talking points released by the Clinton camp.

Mentioned his Old Post Office project in D.C. I'll let you read about that on your own. Trump touts it as an example of how he'd "be" as President along with touting his business acumen.

Sure would because a couple of "celebrity chefs" pulled out of that hotel on account of Rump's bigotry. And then he sued them.

Mentioned his Old Post Office project in D.C. I'll let you read about that on your own. Trump touts it as an example of how he'd "be" as President along with touting his business acumen.

Sure would because a couple of "celebrity chefs" pulled out of that hotel on account of Rump's bigotry. And then he sued them.
Can you source that.
I could. I just googled "chef sues trump". This is what came up:

Google

See how easy it is?

Hillary led Trump into a trap again and again. Loved the one where he complained about not having money to rebuild America's infrastructure. Then when he said he didn't pay taxes, she said "That's why America doesn't have the money".

BAM! Bitch Slap!

Can you source that.

Sher. Here's one.
Here's another.

Can you source that.

Google

See how easy it is?

Now now, he's right --- I made the assertion, it's my job to link it. And thus I have.

Trump: I didn't say what I wanted to about Clinton's personal life

"Her husband was in the room, along with her daughter [Chelsea], who I think is a very nice lady. I didn't want to say what I was going to say about what was going on in their life, so I decided not to say it," Trump said.

"I thought it would be very disrespectful to Chelsea and the family. But she said very bad things about me."

---------

Good thing. I heard his other wives were also in the room.

Can you source that.

Google

See how easy it is?
Yes I do. You should have done it when you posted your comment. See how easy that would be?

Can you source that.

Google

See how easy it is?
Yes I do. You should have done it when you posted your comment. See how easy that would be?
I didn't post the comment. I was helping you with a "teaching moment".

Any normal person who saw that debate, saw a professional baiting a narcissist again and again. and he took the bait every time.

I just looked it up, and found out that constant sniffing is a symptom of cocaine addiction. I'm not making this up.

Forum List

Back