The President with the lowest overall average approval rating in history is......

The gallup poll has been measuring Presidential approval ratings since the 1940s, longer than any other company or organization involved in polling. Here is how the Presidents rank:

OVERALL AVERAGE APPROVAL RATING WHILE PRESIDENT:

John F. Kennedy - 70%
Dwight D. Eisenhower - 65%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 39%

After nearly 2 years as President, having an overall approval rating of 39% is not a good place to be at. It may go up or down from here, but as time goes back, its likely to solidify around this number of 39%. Donald Trump has never had even a daily or weekly approval rating above 45%. There has never been a President with such a low probability of being re-elected based on the latest data.

Great news!!! That's 3 points higher then when he won the Presidency and beat Hillary.

Being President and getting re-elected is a different animal. The lowest approval rating any sitting President has had and still was re-elected was 48%. Donald Trump is well below that.

We shall see. My guess is if the economy, unemployment rate and stock market keep moving in the right direction he'll be reelected even if people don't personally like him. Disapproval of the man in office versus the actual job he's doing as it relates to your home life are two different things.

Generally, if people disapprove of the job your doing, they are not going to support you. That's what is being asked in the poll, do you approve or disapprove of the job the person is doing as President. Only 39% approve. That's not good. Nobody wants low approval numbers when facing re-election.

The gallup poll has been measuring Presidential approval ratings since the 1940s, longer than any other company or organization involved in polling. Here is how the Presidents rank:

John F. Kennedy - 70%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 39%

After nearly 2 years as President, having an overall approval rating of 39% is not a good place to be at. It may go up or down from here, but as time goes back, its likely to solidify around this number of 39%. Donald Trump has never had even a daily or weekly approval rating above 45%. There has never been a President with such a low probability of being re-elected based on the latest data.

Great news!!! That's 3 points higher then when he won the Presidency and beat Hillary.

Being President and getting re-elected is a different animal. The lowest approval rating any sitting President has had and still was re-elected was 48%. Donald Trump is well below that.

We shall see. My guess is if the economy, unemployment rate and stock market keep moving in the right direction he'll be reelected even if people don't personally like him. Disapproval of the man in office versus the actual job he's doing as it relates to your home life are two different things.

Generally, if people disapprove of the job your doing, they are not going to support you. That's what is being asked in the poll, do you approve or disapprove of the job the person is doing as President. Only 39% approve. That's not good. Nobody wants low approval numbers when facing re-election.
Funny how I wasn't called for that poll. Usually posters only go to cities like NYC or LA. Then the liberals wonder why their polls show one thing yet the people vote another. Stupid is as stupid votes and they vote Democrat...

John F. Kennedy - 70%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 39%

That 39% figure is no longer accurate even for gallup.

Time to find a new hobby.

notice that all of these polls sample around 1000 people----------out of 330,000,000. anyone who has taken even a first year statistics class knows that a sample that small is virtually meaningless.

I fully understand that the pollsters "claim" that their samples proportionally include every demographic in the country, but come on, use some common sense. there are probably more than 1000 different demographic groups in the 330,000,000, e.g. how many native americans doctors are included? I am quite sure that there are some in this country, how many mixed race Chinese/Africans? How many bed ridden Russian immigrants? I could go on but maybe you understand how ridiculous the polling thing really is.

Polls today are designed to influence public opinion, not to report on it.

John F. Kennedy - 70%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 39%

I doubt people understand what is being asked. At this point they may very well say I don't like the man therefore I disapprove. But when they go to pull the lever in 2020 it'll totally be based on their own personal economic outlook at the moment. I do believe people asked themselves, "How is my life going right now? Do I want that to change"?

I did not vote for Bill Clinton in 1992. But I did in 1996 because the economy was humming along. Whoever said, "It's the economy stupid" (James Carville?) was right. People aren't going to vote against there own personal well-being because they dislike the president.

those same pollsters said that Hillary had a 97% chance of winning and that Trump had no path to 270 EC votes. They lied

John F. Kennedy - 70%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 39%

I doubt people understand what is being asked. At this point they may very well say I don't like the man therefore I disapprove. But when they go to pull the lever in 2020 it'll totally be based on their own personal economic outlook at the moment. I do believe people asked themselves, "How is my life going right now? Do I want that to change"?

I did not vote for Bill Clinton in 1992. But I did in 1996 because the economy was humming along. Whoever said, "It's the economy stupid" (James Carville?) was right.
Disapproval is a very weak metric to use.

Just to give an example of how flawed “disapproval” is, my mother thinks Trump is a disgusting human being for cheating on his wives and for talking about grabbing pussies, but at the same time she literally wept for over an hour when she thought Hillary might win because she voted for him and she hates Hillary.

My mom still thinks Trump is disgusting today and she will vote even more enthusiastically for him in 2020 because of the scum that the Democrats have become.

Just to give an example of how flawed “disapproval” is, my mother thinks Trump is a disgusting human being for cheating on his wives and for talking about grabbing pussies, but at the same time she literally wept for over an hour when she thought Hillary might win because she voted for him and she hates Hillary.

My mom still thinks Trump is disgusting today and she will vote even more enthusiastically for him in 2020 because of the scum that the Democrats have become.

excellent point, we don't elect presidents to become pope (might be a bad analogy), we elect them to get the job done, keep the country safe, and preserve our rights and freedoms. Trump is a brash, crude talking New Yorker, millions of New Yorkers, New Jerseyites and Bostonians talk exactly the same way. It actually means nothing.

excellent point, we don't elect presidents to become pope (might be a bad analogy), we elect them to get the job done, keep the country safe, and preserve our rights and freedoms. Trump is a brash, crude talking New Yorker, millions of New Yorkers, New Jerseyites and Bostonians talk exactly the same way. It actually means nothing.

We on the Right do....but for the Left/Democrats, it's cultish fascination....hence, Obama was their god, Jesus, and messiah.
We never anoint our candidates.

"The mob characteristic most gustily exhibited by liberals is the tendency to worship and idolize their political leaders. Le Bon explained that mobs can only grasp the “very simple and very exaggerated.” Their chosen images must be absolute and uncompromising… As Le Bon says, the “primitive” black-and-white emotions of a crowd slip easily into “infatuation for an individual.”

Liberals worship so many political deities that they must refer to them by initials, just to save time- FDR, JFK, RFK, MLK, LBJ, and O.J. Ever hear a conservative get weepy about “RWR” or refer to something as hokey as “Camelot”? Passionate adoration are the primitive emotions of a mob, sentiments generally associated with women, children, and savages, according to Le Bon."
Coulter

We on the Right do....but for the Left/Democrats, it's cultish fascination....hence, Obama was their god, Jesus, and messiah.

"The mob characteristic most gustily exhibited by liberals is the tendency to worship and idolize their political leaders. Le Bon explained that mobs can only grasp the “very simple and very exaggerated.” Their chosen images must be absolute and uncompromising… As Le Bon says, the “primitive” black-and-white emotions of a crowd slip easily into “infatuation for an individual.”

Liberals worship so many political deities that they must refer to them by initials, just to save time- FDR, JFK, RFK, MLK, LBJ, and O.J. Ever hear a conservative get weepy about “RWR” or refer to something as hokey as “Camelot”? Passionate adoration are the primitive emotions of a mob, sentiments generally associated with women, children, and savages, according to Le Bon."
Coulter
DJT will become a hero to the right in the same way.

I recall the entire 8 years of Bush we were told everyone hated him, I think I recall his rating being in the %30 zone also.

Coulter
Obama never had an equivalent to QAnon. QAnon is a textbook definition of a cult; and many Trump supporters are suckers.

Especially from those still hanging on while Trump has 60 percent disapproval.

Coulter
Obama never had an equivalent to QAnon. QAnon is a textbook definition of a cult; and many Trump supporters are suckers.

Especially from those still hanging on while Trump has 60 percent disapproval.
QAnon is a conspiracy/foresight cult, not specifically a Trump one.

Trump just happens to fit into the conspiracy.

John F. Kennedy - 70%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 39%

That 39% figure is no longer accurate even for gallup.

Time to find a new hobby.

For like the 5th time I'll explain this. Trumps Overall Average approval, adding up all his approval numbers and taking the average, is still 39% as of today. That's not the same as his current weekly approval rating which is at 41%. Unfortunately you failed to understand the difference between the two. If you want to know gallups overall average approval rating for Trump since he took office, you have to go to gallup.com and then go to the Presidential Job approval center on the website. From there, click on Donald Trump and then click on approval snapshot. From there you will see his current overall approval rating since taking office which is 39%.

notice that all of these polls sample around 1000 people----------out of 330,000,000. anyone who has taken even a first year statistics class knows that a sample that small is virtually meaningless.

I fully understand that the pollsters "claim" that their samples proportionally include every demographic in the country, but come on, use some common sense. there are probably more than 1000 different demographic groups in the 330,000,000, e.g. how many native americans doctors are included? I am quite sure that there are some in this country, how many mixed race Chinese/Africans? How many bed ridden Russian immigrants? I could go on but maybe you understand how ridiculous the polling thing really is.

Well you can dispute the polls all you want. You won't be able to dispute the election results in November 2018 or November 2020. What will be your explanation of excuse then?

Well you can dispute the polls all you want. You won't be able to dispute the election results in November 2018 or November 2020. What will be your explanation of excuse then?
Democrats are going to lose both elections....

John F. Kennedy - 70%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 39%

I did not vote for Bill Clinton in 1992. But I did in 1996 because the economy was humming along. Whoever said, "It's the economy stupid" (James Carville?) was right. People aren't going to vote against there own personal well-being because they dislike the president.

The United States had peak economic performance in the year 2000, best in the countries history in decades, yet Al Gore, Vice President to Bill Clinton, still lost the 2000 election to George Bush.

Well, if the election depended on your Mom, Trump might have a chance in 2020. The rest of the country has moved much further away from Trump compared to 2016. That might be ok if Trump had won easily in 2016, but he didn't. He barley won Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. He won those states by some of the smallest margins in history. He can't win those states in 2020. Without those states, he can't be re-elected.

Forum List

Back