The plan going forward.

Trade embargoes against non democratic nations don't work, they only make the people suffer, how many fucking times do you have to have this fact explained to you?

You are fucking stoned, China has allowed for the first time within the last 20 years outside investment into their country, they have allowed private busines ownership and entrepreneurship which has empowered the people to be economically independent of the state.........the situation is eerily similar to the USSR, and what happened there?

WTO stipulations called for China's continuous liberlising of its domestic markets. Most markets should be wiiiiiiiiidddde open to overseas companies (by now I'm sure), in line with WTO commitments.

WTO stipulations called for China's continuous liberlising of its domestic markets. Most markets should be wiiiiiiiiidddde open to overseas companies (by now I'm sure), in line with WTO commitments.

Oh they absolutely are, its a beautiful thing to watch this in action too. Think about it, we will see through capitalism the defeat of the USSR and China all in our lifetimes.

Oh they absolutely are, its a beautiful thing to watch this in action too. Think about it, we will see through capitalism the defeat of the USSR and China all in our lifetimes.

But we didn't defeat the ussr by giving them production contracts. Why the change in strategy?

But we didn't defeat the ussr by giving them production contracts. Why the change in strategy?
So your stategy would be to treaten China with nukes bacause they fill WalMart's shelves? You're right- that's EXACTLY the same as arming Cuba with missiles.:rolleyes:

You must be on some kind of wild drug- or off your medications. Which is it?

We defeated the USSR through a strong military and economically driving them into the ground, we then went into the country quickly with investment capital and got business ownership and entreneurship rolling to ensure no return to communism. The same will happen in China only the tacticts will change a little because of cultural differences......oh i'm sorry, i'm talking above your head now.

Why do you have zero faith in America and capitalism?

So your stategy would be to treaten China with nukes bacause they fill WalMart's shelves? You're right- that's EXACTLY the same as arming Cuba with missiles.:rolleyes:

You must be on some kind of wild drug- or off your medications. Which is it?

No his strategy is to embargo the country thereby starving the populace because they have no economic viability. Compassionate, isn't it?

We defeated the USSR through a strong military and economically driving them into the ground, we then went into the country quickly with investment capital and got business ownership and entreneurship rolling to ensure no return to communism. The same will happen in China only the tacticts will change a little because of cultural differences......oh i'm sorry, i'm talking above your head now.

Why do you have zero faith in America and capitalism?

Integral to the success was disempowerment of the leadership through economic collapse. In the china scenario, the leadership is becoming stronger. This will not work. Is this above your head?

They have a long way to go, the government isn't giving up that easy. Look at their steel sector, for example. They're still manipulating and controlling things as much as they can. Being open to investment doesn't erase the fact that people are investing in primarily state-owned industries. China's desire to join the WTO probably had more to do eating up as much resource based industry abroad (Canadian tar sands are a prime example), than opening up their economy to privately run, domestic enterprises.

Integral to the success was disempowerment of the leadership through economic collapse. In the china scenario, the leadership is becoming stronger. This will not work. Is this above your head?

Dumbass that did not happen because of an embargo now, did it? It happened because they invested way too heavily in therir military and let their infrastructure suffer. So I guess this is also above your head obviously.

Keep flailing away!:nine:

Dumbass that did not happen because of an embargo now, did it? It happened because they invested way too heavily in therir military and let their infrastructure suffer. So I guess this is also above your head obviously.

Keep flailing away!:nine:

So we were giving the USSR massive production contracts?

Their economy failed because communism stifles innovation and growth, and we were NOT hiding this failure with massive business according to the dictates of the leadership like we are with china. This a major difference.

So we were giving the USSR massive production contracts?

Their economy failed because communism stifles innovation and growth, and we were NOT hiding this failure with massive business according to the dictates of the leadership like we are with china. This a major difference.

I guess you weren't paying attention in 89.

Like I said, different situation, different culture. Above your head but thankfully not above the powers that be heads.

I guess you weren't paying attention in 89.

Like I said, different situation, different culture. Above your head but thankfully not above the powers that be heads.

Well then explain to me how doing everything the leadership wants will lead to their overthrow?

If Russia had been more open to setting up such things as joint ventures in SEZ's, who knows, they might have made it. They had everything required, raw materials, cheap labour and infrastructure.

Forum List

Back