The perfect nation for progressives to flee to, and they don't even have to leave home

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
I remember growing up and learning about some place called Utopia, and reading dystopian novels.

And then, I went to University. In not less then three different disciplines did they teach the Republic; Government classes, social science classes, and philosophy classes.

It seems to me, the intellectual elites are always obsessed with controlling humanity, refusing to understand the basic nature of our species.

The rich and powerful, never heed the warnings, Utopia, turning to dystopia. . . .

I suppose, if it is a collective group of like minded individuals and it's all voluntary, why not though? It still seems scary as hell and bloody insane to me.

Asgardia - Wikipedia

Asgardia.jpg

Should you join the actual space kingdom Asgardia? Probably not
Should you join the actual space kingdom Asgardia? Probably not

"From the beginning, Ashurbeyli has aimed for his fledgling nation to be acknowledged by the U.N., which means Asgardia needs four things: a population, a functioning government, territory, and recognition by other countries. Asgardia technically does have citizens and a government, but the “territory” part has become a major sticking point: despite claiming that its satellite (which is about the size of a loaf of bread) constitutes “territory” in space; the 1967 Outer Space Treaty ensures that no nation can claim territory in space, and that any spacecraft launched from a country becomes subject to that country’s laws. This puts Asgardia in a Catch-22: Asgardia would have to violate an international treaty to become a country, then ask those same treaty signees to recognize it as legit.

On top of that, Ashurbeyli claims that he’s the sole funder of Asgardia (and has repeatedly said that he’s not billionaire), which makes the prospect of creating permanent space habitats highly unlikely: The ISS cost $160 billion to build and took the cooperation of multiple countries to complete, while companies like SpaceX and Blue Origin both have budgets of around $1 billion annually. Even the ISS’ astronauts aren’t permanent residents—they only stay in orbit for about six months, in part because the effects of microgravity and radiation cause dangerous physical conditions like muscle atrophy."

Asgardia, the world's first 'space nation', takes flight
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/asgardia-satellite-launch/index.html

Forum List

Back