The people who watch nonsense like "Ancient Aliens" should watch quality sci fi instead

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Like "Battlestar Galactica" or "The Expanse".

Even the "Mass Effect" video games are better than that schlock.

What is the appeal of pseudoscience shows?

Firefly the TV series. Watch it if it's the last thing you ever do in your life.

As much as I love "Firefly, I'm glad it got cancelled after one season. I don't think the show could have maintained the energy for multiple seasons.

Season Six of "Firefly" would have sucked on toast.

"Live fast, Die Young, leave a beautiful corpse".

-- James Dean

As much as I love "Firefly, I'm glad it got cancelled after one season. I don't think the show could have maintained the energy for multiple seasons.

Season Six of "Firefly" would have sucked on toast.

"Live fast, Die Young, leave a beautiful corpse".

-- James Dean

It only lasted for two seasons but what a two seasons! Sci-fi with excellent writing, acting, and directing.

Just because the cable company pipes in these shows to your home doesn't mean anyone watches them ... if Charter wants to carry ESPN, and who wouldn't, then Charter has to pay up and carry a dozen bullshit stations ... bulk package ... half the shows only cost ten bucks to produce and return tens of thousands of dollars ... just white noise between commercials ...

Either pay or don't get ESPN ...

Ancient Aliens is about the only real history program remaining on the History Channel.

Whether or not you believe aliens did all that unexplained shit, the the history of the various sites is quite interesting.

I know that America is at the bottom of a lot of folks' ''give a damn about'' list as of late, observably, and particularly while the divide and conquer/how dare you gambit is being run by a handful of the more committed purveyors of the infantile practice among us, but The Stories That Built America weekend shows are pretty good.

Last edited:
Ancient Aliens is about the only real history program remaining on the History Channel.

Whether or not you believe aliens did all that unexplained shit, the the history of the various sites is quite interesting.
apparently crepitus thinks stories about Machu Picchu is high comedy....

Like "Battlestar Galactica" or "The Expanse".

Even the "Mass Effect" video games are better than that schlock.

What is the appeal of pseudoscience shows?

Love an occasional wind up and leg pull .

But of course it is what you call pseudo science that led to series like these .
Star Trek is a classic and many times quoted example of that .

Naturally the Cognitively Rigid are dumb struck if forced to watch Ancient Aliens etc . It is how Cognitively Rigid people behave by definition .
They are never to be confused with original and creative Thinkers .Poor boring dears .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back