The Pentagon's New Map: A New Common Enemy

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Dec 15, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i share the author's feeling of hope after reading this excellent book and listening to the author speak

2. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    What do you think is the cause for this "disconnected" phenomena the author talks about? Could it be that the "disconnect" is caused by the religion followed by most arabs?

Seems to me that the author is simply being either extremely lib or extremely PC (same thing, I guess). He simply does not want to call islam what it is - a religion for murderers and those intolerant of other views. Sounds to me like this is simply another lib who wants to apply the "it ain't my fault" leftitst philosophy to an entire religion. He does not want to acknowledge that it is the violence which islam preaches that is the cause, but claims instead that the "disconnected" status of muslims brings about their hatred of others.

The impression I get from this article is that the author's claim that curing the "disconnected" status of muslims is addressing the symptom of the problem and not the cause. The cause of mideast violence is the islamic religion and its lack of tolerance for other religions. You can no more cure that by dealing with the "diconnect" than you can cure a cold by blowing your nose.

P.S. Who's the babe?

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Gwen Stefani

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    It is not just Islam though, for example, I have heard of the term "arc of instability" which stretches from Latin America to Africa to the Middle East to the former Soviet Union and on through Asia... these are the areas of the world in "crisis", disconnected from much of the "globalization success" many other nations are experiencing and very prone to unrest and violence.

Yes, Islam has serious issues... yes it is most certainly in need of reformation... but it is not just Islam that the US military will need to be worried about...

and the broader issue is this: it is not Islamic terrorism we are fighting, but facism... the Islamic terrorists are facists, the Haitian drug lords are facists, the Burmese generals are facists, the Chinese leadership are no longer communists but facists, the criminals in Ukraine and Russia are facists... etc etc

(and yes, she is a babe, my god a babe of babes)