The Party Of Reagan Now The Party Of Trump

Who is more depraved, Donald Trump or the people who would vote for him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"The Party Of Reagan Now The Party Of Trump"

And both equally wrong on the issues.

Pity the GOP can’t return to being the Party of Eisenhower.

How is that even possible. Trump and Reagan are often at direct opposite views. How can both be equally wrong, when they take the opposite position.

This car is moving.
This car is stopped.

"You are both equally wrong!"

No.... A car can't be moving, and stopped at the same time, so it has to be one or the other. Someone has to be correct.

How can both be wrong, when they are directly opposed?

They can be correct for different reasons and they can be wrong for different reasons. It doesn't have to be either/or.

I wasn't Reagan's fault that the barracks were bombed. It was the fault of whoever set up the security, the barriers to the entrances and the means to destroy attempted assaults on the entrances. With that many personnel at risk there should have been heavy anti tank guns positioned at the entrances to blow away any vehicle assaults. The Generals in charge of that deployment screwed the pooch..not Reagan. I don't know that there was any safe position to retreat to after the truck bombs blew up that building. I studied that attack from several sources a while ago but I failed to get a good understanding of why Reagan pulled out so abruptly.

A lot of people claimed he chickened out but what were his options? Does anyone have good research on why Reagan got out of Lebanon so fast?

I wonder why Trump didn't hire some professionals to school him on better ways to speak in public. He has said some very un presidential crap that will come back to bite him in the ass in the run up to the general election.

It's a shame his mouth is so out of control. It's like when he started out he didn't really believe he would win the primary so he just said crazy shit to emphasize points and now that he has beaten the other GOP candidates yes he won but at what cost?

I wonder why Trump didn't hire some professionals to school him on better ways to speak in public. He has said some very un presidential crap that will come back to bite him in the ass in the run up to the general election.

It's a shame his mouth is so out of control. It's like when he started out he didn't really believe he would win the primary so he just said crazy shit to emphasize points and now that he has beaten the other GOP candidates yes he won but at what cost?
It's ok to say it...President Trump.

president%20trump.jpg

Trump is the overwhelming choice of the of the Republican base. This is some scary shit!

Nah, it's some funny $hit

The logical end result of decades of fearmongering and whining about stained blue dresses, evil immigrants, commies, muslims, abortion, gays, birth certificates, holy 2nd amendment rights, science denial, emails etc.

A bit like the story of Frankenstein, the GOP created a monster and now it's out of control, wanting to take revenge on it's creator....

:popcorn:

images

And the Clintons are the party of JFK.

Both parties have gone to shit.
Fail.

Red herring fallacy.

The thread is about Trump and Reagan.

And yet, it's true. Clinton was a law breaking felon. JFK was a slimy womanizer, and adulterer. Ted Kennedy murdered a girl.

A party of criminals, is not a good party.

Both the GOP and the Democrats at large aren't good parties--they are parties of criminals. It's rather disgusting, to boot.
Moreover, both parties were bought out by the gigantic corporations and the war chest...years ago!!

Fail.

Red herring fallacy.

And yet, it's true. Clinton was a law breaking felon. JFK was a slimy womanizer, and adulterer. Ted Kennedy murdered a girl.

Both the GOP and the Democrats at large aren't good parties--they are parties of criminals. It's rather disgusting, to boot.
Moreover, both parties were bought out by the gigantic corporations and the war chest...years ago!!

I'm not sure if I believe any of that.

Every time I look at how Washington works, it's the politicians, not the corporations, that are asking money from the other.

Moreover, every time I see corporations benefiting from government policy, it's policies that the public has demanded. When a multi-billionaire at NetFlix is demanding government regulation, and the public is jumping up and down in support, it's pathetic to then turn around and claim "The rich and wealthy own the government!" when they get richer. Why the heck do you think the CEO of NetFlix was drumming up support? He knew it would make him richer.

Same for the CAFE standards. When you see all the wealthy CEOs of all the major auto manufacturers, standing around Obama as he signs the new CAFE standards, which all the public was supporting.... pretty dumb to claim the rich and wealthy own government, when you support those policies that make them wealthy, at your expense.

As for the parties being full of real criminals (not the 'they support corporations and are therefore criminals' theory), Republicans tend to not put up with criminals nearly as much as moral relativist Democrats. At least that's been my impression. When Bill Clinton was walking around during the impeachment, everyone knew he was lying under oath. They all knew it. Everyone knew it. I talked to Clinton supporters the entire impeachment process, and they said openly, oh yes he's lying, committing felonies... we support him. I never met one democrate ever, who said they thought he was telling the truth. Never once.

And then you compare that to Ted Kennedy, murdering a girl, and Barney Frank and his numerous criminal activity, and the list goes on.... Yet no one cared. They were perfectly fine with it.

Lastly, and this may not matter much to you, but criminals know their own. Birds of a feather. And the fact is, every single poll of any prison anywhere, shows vast majority support for Democrats. It's just a fact. Convicts and ex-convicts, all support Democrats, by nearly a 10 to 1 margin. There's a reason for that.

Now you compare that to Hermen Cain in 2012. For a time, Cain was quickly over taking Romney, and it looked like he might take the nomination. But the moment those accusations of harassment came out, suddenly, Cain fell off the planet, and he quickly folded his campaign. The tolerance for such behavior that was normal and accepted in Democrat circles, like Kennedy and Clinton, not at all tolerated in Republican circles.

So, no I don't see these as being the same.

The people who need health care the most are the GOP base. Toothlessness is a sign of poor health.

Even wirse, the party of JFK is now the party of Barry & Hillary...

Toothless?
th

Only one sign of ill health

th

Want to keep playing with pictures?

Fail.

Red herring fallacy.

Every time I look at how Washington works, it's the politicians, not the corporations, that are asking money from the other.

Moreover, every time I see corporations benefiting from government policy, it's policies that the public has demanded. When a multi-billionaire at NetFlix is demanding government regulation, and the public is jumping up and down in support, it's pathetic to then turn around and claim "The rich and wealthy own the government!" when they get richer. Why the heck do you think the CEO of NetFlix was drumming up support? He knew it would make him richer.

Same for the CAFE standards. When you see all the wealthy CEOs of all the major auto manufacturers, standing around Obama as he signs the new CAFE standards, which all the public was supporting.... pretty dumb to claim the rich and wealthy own government, when you support those policies that make them wealthy, at your expense.

As for the parties being full of real criminals (not the 'they support corporations and are therefore criminals' theory), Republicans tend to not put up with criminals nearly as much as moral relativist Democrats. At least that's been my impression. When Bill Clinton was walking around during the impeachment, everyone knew he was lying under oath. They all knew it. Everyone knew it. I talked to Clinton supporters the entire impeachment process, and they said openly, oh yes he's lying, committing felonies... we support him. I never met one democrate ever, who said they thought he was telling the truth. Never once.

And then you compare that to Ted Kennedy, murdering a girl, and Barney Frank and his numerous criminal activity, and the list goes on.... Yet no one cared. They were perfectly fine with it.

Lastly, and this may not matter much to you, but criminals know their own. Birds of a feather. And the fact is, every single poll of any prison anywhere, shows vast majority support for Democrats. It's just a fact. Convicts and ex-convicts, all support Democrats, by nearly a 10 to 1 margin. There's a reason for that.

Now you compare that to Hermen Cain in 2012. For a time, Cain was quickly over taking Romney, and it looked like he might take the nomination. But the moment those accusations of harassment came out, suddenly, Cain fell off the planet, and he quickly folded his campaign. The tolerance for such behavior that was normal and accepted in Democrat circles, like Kennedy and Clinton, not at all tolerated in Republican circles.

Fail.

Red herring fallacy.

Fail.

Red herring fallacy.

Fail.

Red herring fallacy.

Fail.

Red herring fallacy.

Fail.

Red herring fallacy.

Well, I'll say this: Not only do I stand by what I've said, but I don't see Ted Kennedy has having gone and purposely murdered a girl, the way you and tons of other people do. Both parties have long been bought out by the gigantic corporations and the war chest, and I stand by that position of mine. The Democrats at large, as well as the GOP, have both advocated sending our soldiers abroad to fight in stupid, illegal and wrongheaded wars and kill people. It seems to me that people like yourself have tolerated the disgusting behavior of a lot of the Conservative Republicans, including Trump, which, imho, has only made hatred and bigotry against the unlike much more fashionable. Therefore, I don't give a damn what you say or think. You're accusing me of supporting criminal activity, but look what you and other conservatives are doing! You're doing the same damned thing.

I've always said that as horrible and the Republican leadership is their base is far far worse. Those scumbags had a few sane and qualified candidates running such as Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham and John Kasich but sadly the vast majority of the Republican party supported Trump with a much smaller amount going to criminal asshole Cruz and a few stragglers from the Reagan era going to Kasich.

Sadly, the Republican leadership is nearly as depraved as their base. Their closet gay boy Marco Rubio said that Trump is too crazy to be trusted with the nuclear launch codes but it would appear Trump through some money and Bubbles Rubio and now Rubio is endorsing him. Criminal fat boy glutton Chris Christie has been with Trump all along.

Trump is the overwhelming choice of the of the Republican base. This is some scary shit!

quote-for-one-we-very-much-need-in-any-immigration-bill-we-need-protection-for-people-who-ronald-reagan-54-52-64.jpg

150729125829-05-trump-quotes-super-169.jpg

Reagan was a class act who ended the cold war. Trump will end up starting WW3.

The GOP has sucked since Nixon and has continued to descend into evil insanity and now it has reached a new low.

adpVEoN_700b_v2.jpg

Trump has lust for his daughter.

Trump_0.jpg

Trump hates women.

48eeab4da671d8e1afa0b62f2ff94ec7.jpg

Trump is a lying hypocrite.

DonaldTrump_33

Chicken hawk Trump says John McCain is not a war hero.

In spite of Trump's douche baggery most Republicans support him. This speak less of Trump's scum baggery and more to the complete and total depravity of the Republican base.

503b96e525bff83c12b8ea56fc2d4723d1debe11cc1e1d77123f2d740dd86b7d.jpg

Oh look. Another I hate Trump thread posted in the politics forum instead of the rubber room.
Hate Trump? No Democrat should hate Trump. He's done more damage to the GOP in a year than the Democrats managed in 100.

Oh look. Another I hate Trump thread posted in the politics forum instead of the rubber room.
Hate Trump? No Democrat should hate Trump. He's done more damage to the GOP in a year than the Democrats managed in 100.
And it's nothing compared to the damage he's gonna do to the Democrats.
He's done 0 damage. And when he loses in November, he should be given a fucking parade.

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample MoE
Clinton (D)
Trump (R)
Spread

RCP Average 4/17 - 5/10 -- -- 47.3 41.6 Clinton +5.7
Gravis 5/10 - 5/10 1574 RV 2.5 48 46 Clinton +2
PPP (D) 5/6 - 5/9 1222 RV 3.2 47 41 Clinton +6
CNN/ORC 4/28 - 5/1 890 RV 3.5 54 41 Clinton +13
Rasmussen Reports 4/27 - 4/28 1000 LV 3.0 39 41 Trump +2
IBD/TIPP 4/22 - 4/28 814 RV 3.5 47 40 Clinton +7
USA Today/Suffolk 4/20 - 4/24 1000 LV 3.0 50 39 Clinton +11
GWU/Battleground 4/17 - 4/20 1000 LV 3.1 46 43 Clinton +3

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Yessiree, Trump is really impressing people.

Forum List

Back