'The Party Left Me': Penn. Dem Leader Defects To GOP...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Looks like the Democrats' 'War on Christians' is beginning to backfire on them.

Penn. Democratic leader defects to GOP, cites Catholic faith as reason

The defection of a prominent Pennsylvania Democrat to the Republican Party is raising some eyebrows.

Jo Ann Nardelli, a state committeewoman and founding president of the Blair County Federation of Democratic Women, has switched her political affiliation to the GOP, citing her Catholic faith and President Obama’s embrace of gay marriage as reasons.

During a press conference last week, Nardelli cited President Obama’s recent announcement in support of gay marriage as a central reason for her defection, endorsed Mitt Romney for president and changed her party registration to Republican, The Altoona Mirror reported.

As the Democratic Party has taken the stand for same-sex marriage, then I must make a stand on my faith that marriage is between a man and a woman. God’s principles for life never change. His guidelines, given in Scripture, produce fruitful lives when you follow them,” Nardelli, a pro-life Democrat for more than 40 years, said at the Blair County Courthouse.

According to Politics PA, Nardelli continued to point to her Catholic faith as a major motivator in her letter of resignation to the Pennsylvania Democratic Party.

“I respect all of you and all that I have achieved in the past. Due to personal matters and faith beliefs at this time, it is only fair to resign,” she wrote. “I will miss you all very much as you are all a part of my family; however, it is time to move forward with my life in a direction that is more in line with my faith.”

The Mirror added that Blair County Republican Party Chairman A.C. Stickel welcomed Nardelli. Stickel emphasized Obama’s, and the Democratic Party’s, disconnect with blue collar values as a big part of the story...

Read more: Penn. Democratic leader defects to GOP, cites Catholic faith as reason | The Daily Caller

The defection of a prominent Pennsylvania Democrat to the Republican Party is raising some eyebrows.

Jo Ann Nardelli, a state committeewoman and founding president of the Blair County Federation of Democratic Women, has switched her political affiliation to the GOP, citing her Catholic faith and President Obama’s embrace of gay marriage as reasons.

During a press conference last week, Nardelli cited President Obama’s recent announcement in support of gay marriage as a central reason for her defection, endorsed Mitt Romney for president and changed her party registration to Republican, The Altoona Mirror reported.

As the Democratic Party has taken the stand for same-sex marriage, then I must make a stand on my faith that marriage is between a man and a woman. God’s principles for life never change. His guidelines, given in Scripture, produce fruitful lives when you follow them,” Nardelli, a pro-life Democrat for more than 40 years, said at the Blair County Courthouse.

According to Politics PA, Nardelli continued to point to her Catholic faith as a major motivator in her letter of resignation to the Pennsylvania Democratic Party.

“I respect all of you and all that I have achieved in the past. Due to personal matters and faith beliefs at this time, it is only fair to resign,” she wrote. “I will miss you all very much as you are all a part of my family; however, it is time to move forward with my life in a direction that is more in line with my faith.”

The Mirror added that Blair County Republican Party Chairman A.C. Stickel welcomed Nardelli. Stickel emphasized Obama’s, and the Democratic Party’s, disconnect with blue collar values as a big part of the story...

Read more: Penn. Democratic leader defects to GOP, cites Catholic faith as reason | The Daily Caller

You can have all the dumbasses who vote with their bibles instead of their brain.

You can have all the dumbasses who vote with their bibles instead of their brain.

Your 'War on Christians' is beginning to look like an epic fail. See ya in November. :)

Elsewhere: Former Dem Rep Artur Davis Now a Republican

Former Alabama Democratic Rep. Artur Davis has turned in his Democratic Party card as he prepares to register for the GOP in Virginia.

The switch was rumored for some time following his departure from Democratic politics in 2010. Davis left political circles after his unsuccessful run for governor in Alabama. He lost in the 2010 primaries, and generating hostility from some fellow Democrats who disliked his effort to avoid identity politics.

The winning Democrat was trounced by the Republican candidate in the general election.

“If I were to run [for office], it would be as a Republican … [because] wearing a Democratic label no longer matches what I know about my country and its possibilities,” Davis announced Tuesday on his blog.

“I am in the process of changing my voter registration from Alabama to Virginia … [and] it is true that people whose judgment I value have asked me to weigh the prospect of running in one of the Northern Virginia congressional districts in 2014 or 2016, or alternatively, for a seat in the Virginia legislature in 2015,” Davis wrote.

He declined to predict when — or if — he might jump into a GOP primary race, but sketched out his political priorities.

“I have regularly criticized an agenda that would punish businesses and job creators with more taxes. … I have taken issue with an administration that has lapsed into a bloc by bloc appeal to group grievances when the country is already too fractured,” he wrote...

Read more: Former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis now a Republican | The Daily Caller

So will you beasking Obama for a 'Bibles for Brains' program?:eusa_shhh:

Everyone should have to be an independent ... we would elect people based on merit as opposed to the letter next to their name.

As the Democratic Party has taken the stand for same-sex marriage, then I must make a stand on my faith that marriage is between a man and a woman.

was it meant to change her Faith -

Freedom of Religion is telling everyone else they must believe as her ???

no shocker she is now a Republican ...

Elsewhere: Former Dem Rep Artur Davis Now a Republican

Former Alabama Democratic Rep. Artur Davis has turned in his Democratic Party card as he prepares to register for the GOP in Virginia.

The switch was rumored for some time following his departure from Democratic politics in 2010. Davis left political circles after his unsuccessful run for governor in Alabama. He lost in the 2010 primaries, and generating hostility from some fellow Democrats who disliked his effort to avoid identity politics.

The winning Democrat was trounced by the Republican candidate in the general election.

“If I were to run [for office], it would be as a Republican … [because] wearing a Democratic label no longer matches what I know about my country and its possibilities,” Davis announced Tuesday on his blog.

“I am in the process of changing my voter registration from Alabama to Virginia … [and] it is true that people whose judgment I value have asked me to weigh the prospect of running in one of the Northern Virginia congressional districts in 2014 or 2016, or alternatively, for a seat in the Virginia legislature in 2015,” Davis wrote.

He declined to predict when — or if — he might jump into a GOP primary race, but sketched out his political priorities.

“I have regularly criticized an agenda that would punish businesses and job creators with more taxes. … I have taken issue with an administration that has lapsed into a bloc by bloc appeal to group grievances when the country is already too fractured,” he wrote...

Read more: Former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis now a Republican | The Daily Caller

I started a thread on Davis (apologies because I was only looking at thread titles) and I'll let it fall off the page and post in your thread.

I'm really excited about this. I see in the thread the libs are attacking Nardelli.

You just know "Uncle Tom and Oreo" insults will hurled at Davis despite the fact that he was the first member of Congress outside of Illinois to back Obama.

Huge defections. YAY!!!! I am one happy camper. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back