The Paranormal, the Supernatural, and the Extraterrestrial

Please check all that apply to you:

• I believe in ghosts and/or angels or other paranormal beings.

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • I believe in extra terrestrial beings

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • I have encountered one or more such beings.

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • I have seen a UFO.

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • I have been on board an alien spacecraft.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I don’t know but keep an open mind that such things exist.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I don’t know but doubt such things exist.

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • I reject any notions of the paranormal.

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • I reject any notions of extraterrestrial activity.

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • I support government research into extraterrestrial activity.

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters
Ghosthunters has become one of the most popular cable television shows and I have watched from time to time. It does raise questions why the 'ghost hunting' has to be done in the dark? Why do they have to spend a night? Why wouldn't ghosts be active in the daytime?

I confess that I have often thought the stuff on that show to be really contrived. But some thngs, if they are the real deal, are amazing. Like the ghosts who turn on a flash light on cue. But why must that be in a darkened room?

And then I real that 'real' ghost hunters despise the show?

I honestly don't know what to think. I confess some skepticism. At the same time, I keep an open mind about 'ghosts'.

Everything on that show is faked.

I agree with QW...and it's not just that show (about ghosthunting) either.

There are no ghosts, no sooth sayers or paranormal people. Satan is responsible for all that stuff.

I seriously doubt we have been visited by Extraterrestrials but I also seriously doubt we are the only planet with intelligent life on it.

I think the Government should research and investigate any report of such activity.

There are no ghosts, no sooth sayers or paranormal people. Satan is responsible for all that stuff.

I seriously doubt we have been visited by Extraterrestrials but I also seriously doubt we are the only planet with intelligent life on it.

I think the Government should research and investigate any report of such activity.

Paranormal people are that way only because of Satan? Really?

I think Jesus would beg to differ with you on that.

Satan provides the voices , the visions and the apparitions. The Bible is clear, when you die you are as asleep, you know nothing, feel nothing and can not "communicate" with anyone.No one but Jesus has ascended to Heaven and even on Judgement day only 144000 will ascend, the rest will be given restored bodies to live on a restored Earth.

If a "dead" person is talking to you and you are not insane, then it is Satan or his minions lying to the person as to who they are. That too is in the Bible, Satan rules Earth until Armageddon. He has no corporal body he uses deceit lies and falsehood to confuse and turn people to his ways.

The Bible also states that soothsayers, fortunetellers and those that speak to the dead are being used by Satan.

Perhaps you should read it, or maybe reread it since you obviously don't know what it says.

Satan provides the voices , the visions and the apparitions. The Bible is clear, when you die you are as asleep, you know nothing, feel nothing and can not "communicate" with anyone.No one but Jesus has ascended to Heaven and even on Judgement day only 144000 will ascend, the rest will be given restored bodies to live on a restored Earth.

If a "dead" person is talking to you and you are not insane, then it is Satan or his minions lying to the person as to who they are. That too is in the Bible, Satan rules Earth until Armageddon. He has no corporal body he uses deceit lies and falsehood to confuse and turn people to his ways.

The Bible also states that soothsayers, fortunetellers and those that speak to the dead are being used by Satan.

Perhaps you should read it, or maybe reread it since you obviously don't know what it says.

What about all the prophets like Moses? They heard voices (Abraham heard God), as well as were given visions. Did those come from Satan as well?

I thought it was God that talked to the prophets.

RetiredGySgt,

No. It isn't Satan. For that to be remotely possible Satan would have to have the ability to be in several places globally at once, moving, speaking (in that location's native language,) looking and dressing differently...

I don't want to harsh your Jesus buzz, but I've made great study of religions, and anytime that Satan is pretending to be a ghost argument comes up it's always a case of that particular sect trying to exert too much control over the parishioners.

Joel 2:28
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions

I clicked that I believe in extra-terrestrial beings, but I don't believe they've ever been here. I do support research, though.

Sadly there's so many hoaxes out there that if there's any REAL evidence, it gets painted with the same broad DUBIOUS brush.

Of course I believe that there is life, intelligent life, in the universe.

As to whether it has visited Earth?

Well maybe.

But to be perfetly honest give the distances between stars I'd be AS inclined to believe that TIME TRAVELORS are visiting us as ALIENS.

After all, it seems likely that if one can travel between the stars one will likely have also found a way to beat the clock.

Sadly there's so many hoaxes out there that if there's any REAL evidence, it gets painted with the same broad DUBIOUS brush.

Of course I believe that there is life, intelligent life, in the universe.

As to whether it has visited Earth?

Well maybe.

But to be perfetly honest give the distances between stars I'd be AS inclined to believe that TIME TRAVELORS are visiting us as ALIENS.

After all, it seems likely that if one can travel between the stars one will likely have also found a way to beat the clock.

Einstein proved that time travel was theoretically possible and that our concept of time via the clock would accommodate it. But then again, if you are religious, it is logical that the God who is author of it all, including time and space, would not be constrained by the same 'clock' that is imposed on us mere mortals.

But even if we go with our more mundane concept of physics, is the possibility of hyper-warp speeds so impossible? Is that any more implausible to us than a concept of mach speeds would have been to those traversing the country in Conestoga wagons?

Two of my favorite movies provide food for thought. One Spielberg movie "Always" has the newly deceased character played by Richard Dreyfus receiving preliminary instructions from an experienced guiding angel, and as they move from place to place, the time frame shifts. She explains "Time is funny stuff, Pete."

The other "Final Countdown" is a decent sci-fi flick in which the concept is the aircraft carrier Nimitz at sea in 1981 passing through a time warp and finding itself in 1941 shortly before Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. The Nimitz alone had the fire power to destroy the entire Japanese fleet and the plot was in part the decision of whether to do that and thereby alter history and what the ramifications of that would be.

But the most interesting thing was:
1. Mr. Tideman, the contractor who designed the Nimitz, sees his employee, Warren Lasky, an efficiency expert, off at Pearl Harbor. Lasky is flown to the Nimitz as it embarks on some routine maneuvers. Lasky has never met Mr. Tideman.
2. On board the Nimitz, Lasky meets Commander Owens, the chief pilot in charge of air operations.
3. Just before the Nimitz can effect an attack on the Japanese fleet, the time warp reclaims the Nimitz and returns it to the 20th Century. Due to a plot twist, Commander Owen is left behind in 1941.
4. As Lasky leaves the Nimitz he is greeted by Mr. Tideman who now invites him into his Limousine and Lasky discovers that Mr. Tideman is Commander Owen who is now 40 years older.

So okay, you can think of how advantageous it would be to us to be able to go back 40 years and relive them with the knowledge we have now. But also, Owens/Tideman also existed simultaneously as the 30 something year old Owens and as the 70 something year old Tideman. And it is that I can't quite wrap my mind around in the concept of time travel.

Last edited:
LOL, well apparently that last post was a thread killer.

But the phone just rang and before I picked up the receiver, I had a sudden memory of a friend I haven't communicated with in any form for more than 40 years. Hadn't even thought of in decades. And it was that friend on the phone.

These kinds of phenomena really make you think about things not always being confined to the five senses.

But the phone just rang and before I picked up the receiver, I had a sudden memory of a friend I haven't communicated with in any form for more than 40 years. Hadn't even thought of in decades. And it was that friend on the phone.

These kinds of phenomena really make you think about things not always being confined to the five senses.

Actually, they're not...................

Ever notice that there are some people who have lived together for 20 plus years, and they can carry on a conversation without even saying a word?

How about thinking of someone (like you did with your phone call), and they suddenly show up at your house?

Ever notice that you can sit across a room from someone who ISN'T looking at you, start staring at the back of their head, and within a short amount of time, they turn around and look at you?

How about when you're walking down the street, and even though you're not looking at people, you can feel them looking at you?

All of that is rudimentary telepathy. And yeah.............it's real. I can even prove it.

Ever notice that there are some people who have lived together for 20 plus years, and they can carry on a conversation without even saying a word?

How about thinking of someone (like you did with your phone call), and they suddenly show up at your house?

Ever notice that you can sit across a room from someone who ISN'T looking at you, start staring at the back of their head, and within a short amount of time, they turn around and look at you?

How about when you're walking down the street, and even though you're not looking at people, you can feel them looking at you?

All of that is rudimentary telepathy. And yeah.............it's real. I can even prove it.

All good points. It all is just more evidence to me that there is so much more to know than what we already know. And the wisest people keep an open mind about everything You can have an open mind without being a believer.

All good points. It all is just more evidence to me that there is so much more to know than what we already know. And the wisest people keep an open mind about everything You can have an open mind without being a believer.

Interestingly enough, telepathy and prophecy are 2 "senses" of the soul, according to Judaic beliefs.

I'd like to see such proof. Telepathy requires an ability to both send and receive thoughts which we have, to my knowledge, not discovered any way to do in the human body.

I'd like to see such proof. Telepathy requires an ability to both send and receive thoughts which we have, to my knowledge, not discovered any way to do in the human body.

And yet most of us have experienced it. So when I call somebody and they know it is me before they pick up the phone, am I communicating via telepathy? Or vice versa? And Biker was relating those people who have been together so long and are so in tune with each other that they have actual conversations without saying a word?

Last edited:

Actually, in some cases we have learned how to do that....................

Thought-Controlled Wheelchair Successfully Passed First Clinical Trials

And................there's a video game...................

Mind-Controlled Videogames Become Reality - WSJ.com

And, finally, just something to play around with................

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-P2639-Mindflex-Game/dp/B001UEUHCG]Amazon.com: Mindflex Game: Toys & Games[/ame]

And, you've heard of the Dog Whisperer, Cesar Chavez? When he's talking about energy and power, he's really talking about focusing your energy and directing it towards the dog.

BTW...............the human brain generates 25 watts of power continually while you're alive. Why else do you feel a "shock" of sorts when someone is staring you down?

Then, there's also the best friends who are so in tune with each other's energy that they often finish each others sentences as well as come up with the same thoughts at the same time.

None of that is proof of telepathy in any way. Mechanical interfaces with the brain do not equal telepathy. Nor do they show how humans have a way to receive and interpret the thoughts of another person. Further, instances of supposed telepathy often seem to ignore physical constants, such as the speed of light (can thoughts travel instantaneously over any distance?).

As with pretty much any 'supernatural' events or experiences, there is a distinct lack of hard evidence. Unless someone can show a transmitter/receptor for thoughts in the human body, can describe just how thoughts travel outside ourselves, I remain skeptical, at best, about human telepathy. :)

None of that is proof of telepathy in any way. Mechanical interfaces with the brain do not equal telepathy. Nor do they show how humans have a way to receive and interpret the thoughts of another person. Further, instances of supposed telepathy often seem to ignore physical constants, such as the speed of light (can thoughts travel instantaneously over any distance?).

As with pretty much any 'supernatural' events or experiences, there is a distinct lack of hard evidence. Unless someone can show a transmitter/receptor for thoughts in the human body, can describe just how thoughts travel outside ourselves, I remain skeptical, at best, about human telepathy. :)

Certainty is a very large word for any scientist. And yet no scientist will insist that if we cannot 'prove' or 'demonstrate' or 'test' something at this time, then it doesn't exist.

And then there is phenomenon that some cannot explain. The three AGT judges swear that they were NOT in on this stunt:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFbK7K4b_IU]Psychic Guesses the Judge's Drawings - America's Got Talent Season 7 - Eric Dittleman Audition - YouTube[/ame]

I reject and notion of the paranormal.

That said I believe that there is life on other planets, infact I'll be willing to bet that there is extraterrestrial life IN THIS SOLAR SYSTEM. I don't concider the subject of alien life or alien visitation to be "paranormal". I believe that that is a misuse of the word.

The Amazing Randi has a million dollar or more prize still out there for anyone who can prove that they have psychic abilities. No one has claimed it. The Amazing Randi is an accomplished magician and mentalist. Scammers know that they cannot get anything past him.

Forum List

Back