The Parade Of Shame -- Palin's Corporate Sponsors

We did it!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I understand your concern. We buy time with TLC among a number of networks, and we do designate categories of programming to stay away from. However, cable media buys tend not to be program-specific, and this is not considered a political show. I was honestly unaware that this was part of our TLC buy until this e-mail and another one I received. As a company, we’re adamant that we don’t take positions on content or politics, as it’s not our role in the community. We’ve received similar boycott complaints from organizations sending lists based on comedy programming that’s honestly fairly innocuous in my opinion. I understand your sentiments, but I also think that if you saw some of the emails I receive from the other side, you’d be more understanding that it’s not our place to select programming for the most part. It’s the job of the viewer to decide what they want to view. However, I have just asked to deselect from this program. I don’t think the program fits with our brand more generally and isn’t typical of TLC. I hope that you’re able to enjoy the unique and free services that let you compare from hundreds of travel sites in just one search. You can close your account by selecting My Account at the top of the page.

Regards, Robert Birge, CEO, Kayak.com

Shame on all of you who claim their excuse for doing nothing is that you cannot have an effect. Whether you agree with the object my wee boycott has or not, you now have no excuse for your own apathy.

Just to let you know, I suspect they are feeding you a line of shit. I suspect they will still advertise on the program. He says he asked to have the program deselected... he did not say it was. Also, I love that last line:

You can close your account by selecting My Account at the top of the page.

I hate to tell you this, but that was almost telling you to F' off.

I plan on watching the program just to see if they are still advertising... by the way, what night is it on? :razz:

Immie

It was broadcast last night, Immie. I have it TIVO'd to check who advertised. I'll post a list soon.

Funny thing, I hadn't watched the show before, but had to just Because of Maddie..

thanks so much.:lol:

We did it!

Shame on all of you who claim their excuse for doing nothing is that you cannot have an effect. Whether you agree with the object my wee boycott has or not, you now have no excuse for your own apathy.

Just to let you know, I suspect they are feeding you a line of shit. I suspect they will still advertise on the program. He says he asked to have the program deselected... he did not say it was. Also, I love that last line:

You can close your account by selecting My Account at the top of the page.

I hate to tell you this, but that was almost telling you to F' off.

I plan on watching the program just to see if they are still advertising... by the way, what night is it on? :razz:

Immie

It was broadcast last night, Immie. I have it TIVO'd to check who advertised. I'll post a list soon.
Go Maddie, go Maddie, go Maddie!

:lmao:

Seriously people, if you take a look at Madelines rantings about Palin....Her obvious abject obsession with all things Palin....Her obsession with Palin's family (the most disturbing). Her Obsession with Palin's TV show etc., it becomes quite clear that there is something seriously wrong with this woman....To the point that the argument could definitely be made that she is a dangerous human being.....To the point that the argument could definitely be made that this womans hatred and vitriol could lead her to want to harm Palin, or those in her family....I'm not kidding....This woman is completely obsessed.....Dangerously obsessed.

It would do Palin's security team good to know about this woman....She's no doubt someone who should have eyes kept upon her. Particularly if Palin visits Ohio or any surrounding area.

Seriously!

Last edited:
Might wanna start watching over Barbara Bush as well.........she's said in an interview with Larry King that she hopes the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil stays in Alaska.

Might wanna start watching over Barbara Bush as well.........she's said in an interview with Larry King that she hopes the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil stays in Alaska.

Yea, cuz - having only had three threads on that - no one heard that.

Yo.....twatlips........was referring to the fact that she's losing political capital.

Still think that the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil has a chance in 2012?

And Wicked Jester.........wanna bet on the presidential election in 2012? Still digging the rep dude!

Names and contact information for the sponsors of the Nov. 21, 2010 episode of the abomination known as "Sarah Palin's Alaska" are:

Martini & Rossi
(Owned by Bacardi USA Inc.)
2100 Biscayne BlvdMiami, FL USA 33137
Phone:305-573-8511
Fax: 305-573-7507

Radioshack

RadioShack Corporation - Contact Us

Campbell Soup Co. (Pepperidge Farms Inc and V-8 Inc.)

Campbell Soup Company - Send Us Feedback

Lee Jeans Co.

Contact Us | Lee.com

Proctor & Gamble (Head and Shoulders shampoo; Crest white strips; Mr Clean Magic Eraser; Nyquil; Dayquil)

Email Us

HBO

HBO

Vteck (Mobiogo toy)
Grace Pang
VTech Holdings Ltd
(852) 2680-1000 (office)
(852) 2680-1788 (fax)
[email protected] (email)

LG (Smart phone)

LG Send a Message to LG Customer Service

Hewlitt Packard (HP web connected printers)

[email protected]

Lindt Chocolate

Lindt

Leapfrog

Ask a Question

Pfizer (Robitussin)

https://www.pfizer.com/contact/mail_general.jsp

Discover Financial Services Inc. (Discover Card)

[email protected]

GEICO

GEICO | By Email

Sargento Cheese

Talk to Sargento Cheese

Rain-x

http://www.rainx.com/Contact/Contact.aspx
http://www.rainx.com/Contact/Contact.aspx[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Last edited:

Yea, cuz - having only had three threads on that - no one heard that.

Yo.....twatlips........was referring to the fact that she's losing political capital.

Still think that the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil has a chance in 2012?

And Wicked Jester.........wanna bet on the presidential election in 2012? Still digging the rep dude!
Too early for '12!

Besides, the rep you are now receiving on our previous bet, will all be coming back to me in regards to our other bet......Word is, no basis for further investigation is regarding her campaign.

Names and contact information for the sponsors of the Nov. 21, 2010 episode of the abomination known as "Sarah Palin's Alaska" are:

Martini & Rossi
(Owned by Bacardi USA Inc.)
2100 Biscayne BlvdMiami, FL USA 33137
Phone:305-573-8511
Fax: 305-573-7507

Radioshack

RadioShack Corporation - Contact Us

Campbell Soup Co. (Pepperidge Farms Inc and V-8 Inc.)

Campbell Soup Company - Send Us Feedback

Lee Jeans Co.

Contact Us | Lee.com

Proctor & Gamble (Head and Shoulders shampoo; Crest white strips; Mr Clean Magic Eraser; Nyquil; Dayquil)

Email Us

HBO

HBO

Vteck (Mobiogo toy)
Grace Pang
VTech Holdings Ltd
(852) 2680-1000 (office)
(852) 2680-1788 (fax)
[email protected] (email)

LG (Smart phone)

LG Send a Message to LG Customer Service

Hewlitt Packard (HP web connected printers)

[email protected]

Lindt Chocolate

Lindt

Leapfrog

Ask a Question

Pfizer (Robitussin)

https://www.pfizer.com/contact/mail_general.jsp

Discover Financial Services Inc. (Discover Card)

[email protected]

GEICO

GEICO | By Email

Sargento Cheese

Talk to Sargento Cheese

Rain-x

http://www.rainx.com/Contact/Contact.aspx
I would urge all to contact the above and let them know all about Madeline......Particularly her obvious dangerous obsession with Palin.....Let them know that Madiline is a person who could definitely have the capability to want to cause harm to Palin and her family. Let them know it goes beyond a simple call for "boycott".......Let them know the woman is obviously a mentally unstable whackjob to the core.

Interesting. Did any of you bother to look up Mad the Hypocrite's "big win", Kayak.com?

First of all, it's a pissy little travel search site on the Web, with ten employees, all sporting high-falutin' titles. Not exactly Procter and Gamble, there. :eusa_whistle:

Second of all, Mad the Hypocrite posted a letter, allegedly from them, signed by "Robert Birge, CEO". Except that Robert Birge isn't the CEO of Kayak.com. He's the CMO, the chief Marketing Officer. So either someone at Kayak.com is totally bullshitting Mad the Hypocrite - which, I'll admit, isn't that hard to do - or Mad the Hypocrite posted a phony letter to look like her half-assed boycott is doing something.

I'll leave it to you guys to decide which explanation you favor.

We did it!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I understand your concern. We buy time with TLC among a number of networks, and we do designate categories of programming to stay away from. However, cable media buys tend not to be program-specific, and this is not considered a political show. I was honestly unaware that this was part of our TLC buy until this e-mail and another one I received. As a company, we’re adamant that we don’t take positions on content or politics, as it’s not our role in the community. We’ve received similar boycott complaints from organizations sending lists based on comedy programming that’s honestly fairly innocuous in my opinion. I understand your sentiments, but I also think that if you saw some of the emails I receive from the other side, you’d be more understanding that it’s not our place to select programming for the most part. It’s the job of the viewer to decide what they want to view. However, I have just asked to deselect from this program. I don’t think the program fits with our brand more generally and isn’t typical of TLC. I hope that you’re able to enjoy the unique and free services that let you compare from hundreds of travel sites in just one search. You can close your account by selecting My Account at the top of the page.

"Shame?"

Here's the funny part, this guy is just using this as an excuse to have a marketing campaign of his own. He missed the mark, because it's not like you are in the market for a kayak. That said, if this is your big "win," then take it. The show on TLC was either ineffective at selling kayaks or this guy just left money on the table due to political reasons (Ted Turner did that too, and Fox saw an opportunity - how'd that work out for CNN?).

Enjoy your victory. Maybe Kayak.com's supplier will notice the difference and ask me. Stranger things have happened.

We did it!

Dear Sir or Madam,

"Shame?"

Here's the funny part, this guy is just using this as an excuse to have a marketing campaign of his own. He missed the mark, because it's not like you are in the market for a kayak. That said, if this is your big "win," then take it. The show on TLC was either ineffective at selling kayaks or this guy just left money on the table due to political reasons (Ted Turner did that too, and Fox saw an opportunity - how'd that work out for CNN?).

Enjoy your victory. Maybe Kayak.com's supplier will notice the difference and ask me. Stranger things have happened.

Actually, from what I can see, Kayak.com needs to advertise on TLC a lot more than TLC needs them to advertise there. Assuming that really was his letter - which is apparently in doubt - I don't think the other nine employees of Kayak.com are going to let him blow off a major advertising venue over his pissy little personal politics.

Interesting. Did any of you bother to look up Mad the Hypocrite's "big win", Kayak.com?

First of all, it's a pissy little travel search site on the Web, with ten employees, all sporting high-falutin' titles. Not exactly Procter and Gamble, there. :eusa_whistle:

Second of all, Mad the Hypocrite posted a letter, allegedly from them, signed by "Robert Birge, CEO". Except that Robert Birge isn't the CEO of Kayak.com. He's the CMO, the chief Marketing Officer. So either someone at Kayak.com is totally bullshitting Mad the Hypocrite - which, I'll admit, isn't that hard to do - or Mad the Hypocrite posted a phony letter to look like her half-assed boycott is doing something.

Birge was appointed CMO by the founder and actual CEO of kayak.com only last year (April in fact of 2009) [ see: KAYAK.COM APPOINTS ROBERT BIRGE AS CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER - KAYAK ] and at least as of 11/11/2010, Birge was STILL the CMO, not the CEO. Kayak's Birge: 'We Don't Want Google to Have Control' (GOOG) | Benzinga.com

Very interesting.

Maybe when his secretary composed the letter for Maddy, he or she forgot the boss' actual title.

Oh, but the best part of that alleged letter was the last line: "You can close your account by selecting My Account at the top of the page."

That's a nice way of saying 'please piss off and do it soon'.

No, I have enough energy and I know I'm in for a long haul.

By all means, please keep up your crusade. You've got some solid results, one advertiser pulled ads and you are giving others you never even targeted some support. Maybe Wal Mart is going to take Kayak.com's place just because they never knew they were included in the boycott.

Oh, here are some results that actually do some good. My response to my Wal Mart email was generally form-letter but it had a Bentonville phone number. I called her up to thank her for her response and she asked about local efforts and I talked for a minute about a non-profit I do some stuff with and she asked if the local manager could give me a call.

He called an hour later and promised quite a few $50 gift cards to give out to donors at our next function. Now I haven't collected them yet, but I have a hard time believing the local Wal Mart is going to flake, but it could happen. I'll keep you informed.

Yes, I know that, but laughing about murder is not acceptable. Most of their songs were sexist shit. They make men out to be the problem all the time and they think it is funny.

No, not a shallow music list, I simply don't put many musicians on the "Do Not Play" List.

Immie

I don't know any of their songs but Earl - my wife liked it - (hhmmmm - will have to let the dog test my food from now on!) :eusa_whistle:

It's just a song for chrissakes - god, not a political agenda..

Well, you must have truly eclectic tastes then, because I have a shit load on my Do Not Play list - just about anything that has made the Top 20 Billboard singles charts over the past 20 years...

Most of their songs were about men being evil. It was how they made their living. I did not like what the song said or the response it received. They glorified murder. Whether or not Earl deserved what he got in the song does not matter. Glorifying murder is not something that I appreciate.

I simply decided from that point on, that I did not like that song or any of their songs. I simply decided never to listen to their music again. I never even bought one of their CDs.

But, I will share a secret with you. Ever hear of Miranda Lambert? Her first two hits were "Kerosene" and "Gunpowder and Lead". Now, I don't like Kerosene but "Gunpowder & Lead" did grow on me. Both of these are glorifying murder.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7ONnfIjaI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XYh_NhQAkQ&feature=channel[/ame]

Immie

Last edited:
GWV5903, when you disagree with Obama do I suggest it's only because you feel sexually inadequate in comparison to him?

Please drop this line of rebuttal...it demeans Palin as well as me.

Where did you get sex? She is a very attractive women, does not mean I want to jump her bones.....

You're disagreement with her is obsessive, how far do you need to go with someone who is a private citizen, Obama on the other hand is POTUS......

Besides I have a weakness for Latin women......

Palin is not the only fuckwhit pandering to the basest instincts any of us has in a grab for power. Check out Mike Huckabee......

Mike Huckabee lauds ousting of Iowa justices over gay marriage, courts evangelicals | cleveland.com

The next presidential election will either move us forward or bring back every ugly feature of post WW II America. I plan to fight tooth and nail; IMO, the soul of the nation will be at stake.

"The soul of the nation?"

Words mean things and a non-believer such as you should see how easy that type of rhetoric falls flat.

You've been overprogrammed, so much that you don't even catch the irony. :lol:

Forum List

Back