The Orginal Red Dawn (1984) coming on right now on AMC. Tune in to be reminded when Americans were badass and the Soviets were no match!

No. Because 98.34% of what Moon posts is just trolling threads. He will take on an opposing view no matter what the thread is about. It's what he does.
Which is unfortunate. On the rare occasion he makes a genuine post, it is usually pretty incisive.
You are so jelly

No. Because 98.34% of what Moon posts is just trolling threads. He will take on an opposing view no matter what the thread is about. It's what he does.
Which is unfortunate. On the rare occasion he makes a genuine post, it is usually pretty incisive.
No, he's right. The original was bad. The remake...shouldn't have been remade.period. :auiqs.jpg:

No, he's right. The original was bad. The remake...shouldn't have been remade.period. :auiqs.jpg:
It is made for a young audience. I was 19 when it came out. I was the perfect age to watch it.
If it came out today... I would probably think it was dumb.
But I have a fondness for it... like Star Wars I... it is not that good of a movie, even silly and definitely bad acting, but it came out when I was in junior high. I thought it was the best movie the world has ever known. And that feeling is the only reason I watched the sequels.

It is made for a young audience. I was 19 when it came out. I was the perfect age to watch it.
If it came out today... I would probably think it was dumb.
But I have a fondness for it... like Star Wars I... it is not that good of a movie, even silly and definitely bad acting, but it came out when I was in junior high. I thought it was the best movie the world has ever known. And that feeling is the only reason I watched the sequels.
I was 19 when it came out as well, and I saw a LOT of older adults were there watching it. It was not made for a young audience (but no mistake, a lot of young people saw it). It was made for an older audience steeped in and raised in the fear of communism and the countries that supported it. It was a rousing, feel good movie in the Reagan era that played up the triumph of the American spirit over the evils of communism. It gets the benefit of nostalgia...but technically, as a movie, it was laughable.

I was 19 when it came out as well, and I saw a LOT of older adults were there watching it. It was not made for a young audience (but no mistake, a lot of young people saw it). It was made for an older audience steeped in and raised in the fear of communism and the countries that supported it. It was a rousing, feel good movie in the Reagan era that played up the triumph of the American spirit over the evils of communism. It gets the benefit of nostalgia...but technically, as a movie, it was laughable.
Sure... and again, like Star Wars, you will never see it on any believable list of "Best Movies ever made" .... but it will forever be on "most popular movies ever" lists.

Forum List

Back