The One True Puerto Rico Death Toll and Other Fictions

I'm not dismissing anything!

I'm providing information that shows the corruption present in Puerto Rico and complicity of the media.
I was there 6 months after Maria hit. It looked like a bomb went off even in San Juan. Iā€™m going back in December, and there will still be areas without power and water. You may laugh at the thousands dead, but it speaks to your complete lack of character that you dismiss their suffering so easily.

Okay, so you've seen the suffering first hand.
Do you have any first-hand proof of the 3,000 figure?
And, do you firmly believe that corrupt local policians didn't have anything to do with aid not getting to those in need? Or that they didn't stuff their own pockets at every chance?

Are you truly that naive?
If it turns out South Carolinaā€™s government is corrupt and millions of Americans suffer for months and thousands die, my reaction will not be ā€œhaha fick ā€˜emā€ the way your type keeps insisting we do for Puerto Rico. If you believe that millions living in a disaster zone without power, water, or food for months resulted in only 48 deaths, then itā€™s stupid to bother talking to you.
But you have no proof that its 3000 either, so...
As much proof as we have of the lesser figure.
So then you agree there isnt ANY proof.

GettyImages-1036900260-1-1024x576.jpg

Can anyone say for certain just how many died from Maria?

Apparently not,

From news accounts, we know the exact number: 48. I mean 64. At least 450. No, 985. More like 1,052, or maybe 1,085. It could be 4,645 or 5,740, one study said, or somewhere between 793 and 8,498. Or 2,975. Yeah, thatā€™s it!

The one, true, absolutely correct answer is 2,975. We know that one is correct because it is the answer accepted by the Puerto Rican government, which, you may be certainā€”certain!ā€”is interested only in the truth and not in the aid that comes with larger numbers.

There are 64 actual confirmed deathsā€”people whose names are known. President Trump, ever the skeptic, tweeted that the increase in the official count from 64 to 2,975 was ā€œdone by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible.ā€

From The One True Puerto Rico Death Toll and Other Fictions

The only way you get to that 3,000 number.....
ā€¦..any deaths, months after, for whatever reason, is attributed to the hurricane, and used against Trumpā€™s correct statement about a far, far smaller number.

Is that how we enumerate the deaths caused by events?

Or, only when a Republican is President?

If we use the same methodology, Pearl Harbor deaths was not the 2,400 so describedā€¦..but rather the 70-80 million attributed to WWII,
I was there 6 months after Maria hit. It looked like a bomb went off even in San Juan. Iā€™m going back in December, and there will still be areas without power and water. You may laugh at the thousands dead, but it speaks to your complete lack of character that you dismiss their suffering so easily.

And, do you firmly believe that corrupt local policians didn't have anything to do with aid not getting to those in need? Or that they didn't stuff their own pockets at every chance?

If it turns out South Carolinaā€™s government is corrupt and millions of Americans suffer for months and thousands die, my reaction will not be ā€œhaha fick ā€˜emā€ the way your type keeps insisting we do for Puerto Rico. If you believe that millions living in a disaster zone without power, water, or food for months resulted in only 48 deaths, then itā€™s stupid to bother talking to you.
Nope!

GettyImages-1036900260-1-1024x576.jpg

Can anyone say for certain just how many died from Maria?

Apparently not,

From news accounts, we know the exact number: 48. I mean 64. At least 450. No, 985. More like 1,052, or maybe 1,085. It could be 4,645 or 5,740, one study said, or somewhere between 793 and 8,498. Or 2,975. Yeah, thatā€™s it!

The one, true, absolutely correct answer is 2,975. We know that one is correct because it is the answer accepted by the Puerto Rican government, which, you may be certainā€”certain!ā€”is interested only in the truth and not in the aid that comes with larger numbers.

There are 64 actual confirmed deathsā€”people whose names are known. President Trump, ever the skeptic, tweeted that the increase in the official count from 64 to 2,975 was ā€œdone by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible.ā€

From The One True Puerto Rico Death Toll and Other Fictions

The only way you get to that 3,000 number.....
ā€¦..any deaths, months after, for whatever reason, is attributed to the hurricane, and used against Trumpā€™s correct statement about a far, far smaller number.

Is that how we enumerate the deaths caused by events?

Or, only when a Republican is President?

If we use the same methodology, Pearl Harbor deaths was not the 2,400 so describedā€¦..but rather the 70-80 million attributed to WWII,

Nope!

Yuuuuuuppp!

`
"Puerto Rico was a catastrophe of corruption, mismanagement, incompetence and ignorance long before the added misery wrought by Hurricane Maria" (source). Based on what I read and Puerto Ricans I know, prior to the hurricanes, PR was already a criminal paradise. They were losing their population (brightest and best) by the thousands who emigrated to the US. The criminal government borrowed more money from US banks than they could possibly pay back with little or nothing to show for it.

Forum List

Back