The OLDER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was created in order to attempt to fix the significant derailment of another thread without having to delete posts.

The topic of this thread is one that comes up with regularity in IP, and is also a frequent derailer of active threads so it will now have a thread of it's own which will be pinned as a "stickie".

I apologize ahead of time for the bumpy discontinuous beginnig of this, but I think it will smooth out as discussion goes on.

The topic is: The history involving the creation of Israel, the British Mandate, and the applicable actions of the UN in that history.
When I visited Israel myself I did an extensive study of the recreation of The Jewish State.

The best starting point is the end of the 2nd Temple Period when due to rebellion at Jerusalem the Romans sacked and destroyed it and murdered all the residents. By then the "Christian Jews" had already left, according to Eusebius.

From that point on the Jews were a people without a nation, for the next 2000 years.

By 1917 the Jews has the financial and political strength to claim their ancient lands back, and by then the Turkish Ottoman Empire was weak enough that mandating a homeland for the Jews in Palestine was first feasible.

From 1917 to 1948 immigration was at first a trickle, but then after WW2 it was a torrent.

Long story short, the Jews regained their ancient homeland at the expense of the occupants who were by then Palestinian Muslims.

So be it.
We, the Black Jews: Witness to the 'White Jewish Race' Myth,…

Attachments

• f4467bac1d22a4097449fca6485e3c2b.jpg
    f4467bac1d22a4097449fca6485e3c2b.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 61
P F Tinmore, et al,

Yes, I've seen this challenge before; and like then --- I don't believe it makes any significant contribution to the discussion...

P F Tinmore said:
RoccoR said:
P F Tinmore, et al,

Before I answer your questions, let's make sure we all understand the substantive facts of the questions:

First Sentence of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights said:
Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and
peace in the world,

Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action Adopted by the World Conference on Human Rights in Vienna on 25 June 1993 said:
2. All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status, and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.

Taking into account the particular situation of peoples under colonial or other forms of alien domination or foreign occupation, the World Conference on Human Rights recognizes the right of peoples to take any legitimate action, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations, to realize their inalienable right of self-determination. The World Conference on Human Rights considers the denial of the right of self-determination as a violation of human rights and underlines the importance of the effective realization of this right.
10. The World Conference on Human Rights reaffirms the right to development, as established in the Declaration on the Right to Development, as a universal
and inalienable right and an integral part of fundamental human rights.

As stated in the Declaration on the Right to Development, the human person is the central subject of development. While development facilitates the enjoyment of all human rights, the lack of development may not be invoked to justify the abridgement of internationally recognized human rights.

States should cooperate with each other in ensuring development and eliminating obstacles to development. The international community should promote an
effective international cooperation for the realization of the right to development and the elimination of obstacles to development. Lasting progress towards the implementation of the right to development requires effective development policies at the national level, as well as equitable economic relations and a favourable economic environment at the international level.

P F Tinmore said:
What part of all this negates the Palestinian's universal, inalienable rights?

What is the dispute over Palestine's international borders that were defined by post war treaties?
(COMMENT)

First, as I have pointed-out before, all people have the exact same Universal and Inalienable Rights (Hypothetical Description of Conditions NOT in Evidence: All people have the same dimension of rights everywhere; --- however, the Rights in North America are different that the Middle East or the Far East) .

Second, "the Special Committee on the Situation with regard to the Implementation of the Declaration on the Granting of Independence of Colonial Countries and Peoples (also known as the Special Committee on decolonization or C-24), the United Nations entity exclusively devoted to the issue of decolonization, was established in 1961 by the General Assembly with the purpose of monitoring the implementation of the Declaration (General Assembly Resolution 1514 (XV) of 14 December 1960)." According to the UN Committee 24, there are no (None - NADA) such entities in the Middle East.

Third, the Hostile Arab Palestinians (HoAP) have exercised their "rights to Self-determination" many more times than have the Jewish People.

Fourth, the Jewish Immigrants became permanent residents and gains citizenship within the meaning of the laws enforce at the time. And those same Jewish Immigrants, by virtue of that citizenship (the same citizenship held by the HoAP) became equal inhabitants of the territory.

Fifth, the Jewish Inhabitants had the exact same "rights" as the HoAP inhabitants.

Sixth, the HoAP did not cooperate of by 1923, the Mandatory had made at least three attempt was made to establish an institution through which the Arab population of Palestine could be brought into cooperation with the government. The mandatory Power now proposed “the establishment of an Arab Agency in Palestine which will occupy a position exactly analogous to that accorded to the Jewish Agency”. The Arab Agency would have the right to be consulted on all matters relating to immigration, on which it was recognised that “the views of the Arab community were entitled to special consideration”. The Arab leaders declined that this offer on the ground that it would not satisfy the aspirations of the Arab people. They added that, never having recognised the status of the Jewish Agency, they had no desire for the establishment of an Arab Agency on the same basis. These rejections by their Right of Self-Determination had a grave impact on the tutelage provided by Mandatory on behalf of the League. Thus not rendering meaning to Article 22(2) of the Covenant.

Finally, the contributing factor for the more that half-century in a lack of progress in the "Right to Development" expected by the Vienna Convention has lead to a taken the HoAP people backwards. The Jewish cooperation in tutelage (not the only contributing factor, but certainly one major factor) has lead to Israel being ranked 18th today in Human Development, outstripping in some of the most oil rich nations of the world, and ranking higher every than any of the Arab League Aggressor Nations and Arab Participants in the 1948 War of Independence, the 1967 Six Day War, and the 1973 Yom Kipper War.

No matter what objective yardstick you might use in the evaluation of the two peoples (Israelis 'vs' Palestinians) there is no open view where the investors in Israel did not receive many more times the value in their return-on-investment (ROI) than did the investors in any of the Arab Nations. In fact, the HoAP demonstrated their appreciation to the Jordanians in the Black September Movement of 1970. And the Government of Yemen is a failed state. Hezbollah has taken-over the al-Bekka Valley in Lebanon. Syria is a complete shambles.

Most Respectfully,
R
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights uses the term "peoples." You use the term "people." Those have different meanings. Why did you do that?
(COMMENT)

Actually, the International Bill of Human Rights (Part "A" being the UDHR) uses the term "members of the human family") (as published by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights) in the very first paragraph of the Preamble.

Notice in the in the very next paragraph, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights uses the phrase: human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people" --- as opposed to "peoples."

Corroborating Source: A/RES/3/217 A

This argument is subterfuge. The difference between "Peoples and People;" --- trying to push the true nature of the subject away from the forefront. If you are going to make a point along this line, then make it. Don't hold us in suspense.
-------------------------
When they talk about people they mean everyone in general without distinction. Like in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

When they talk about peoples, they are referring to different groups of people defined by different territories. There are rights applied to peoples that do not apply to people.
all and good.But your law does`nt to me,therefore it`s worthless.I answer to law the law of the land,then i answer to Morocco,1787 Peace And Friendship Treaty.Jew-ish is not a people,first thing,Secondly they are occupier of Israel like stolen it.they are not liked, or Loved any where on the planet.
How come, Mr. Schwarzer, that even Black people marry Jews if nobody on this planet likes them? Do you think that everyone on this planet likes Black people, especially those like you? Think again. Now let's hear you sing along. Perhaps you can teach it to those in the Boko Haram to keep their minds off killing Christians.

Looks like Mr. Schwarzer is taking time off from his duties as chief designer for Melanin Apparel, which if the readers will remember was his original avatar (the logo for the company) when he started posting on this forum.

Lol.jew-ish is not even a people,lol,We, the Black Jews: Witness to the 'White Jewish Race' Myth,…
f4467bac1d22a4097449fca6485e3c2b.jpg

I've simplified the way I look at it.

It's about human beings.

People who are trying to live their lives, raise families, create a future. It's that simple. Those people are called Jews and Palestinians, and they deserve the same respect and recognition as any other people. It does not matter what happened a century or millinium ago. Who cares who was "first" or "indiginous" or whatever. What matters is NOW, and a what matters is that any future must include the rights, dreams and recognition of both those peoples.

I agree. That said, the reason why it keeps coming up is because Team Palestine uses it to negate the rights of the Jewish people.
jew-ish is not a people or tribe.So israelis lied.

973dfeb1-35ab-4a46-bee3-c35c1a2994c6.jpg

And what the land is, whether it is fat or lean, whether there is wood therein, or not. And be ye of good courage, and bring of the fruit of the land.’ Now the time was the time of the first-ripe grapes.
Numbers 13:20 (The Israel Bible™)

וּמָה הָאָרֶץ הַשְּׁמֵנָה הִוא אִם רָזָה הֲיֵשׁ בָּהּ עֵץ אִם אַיִן וְהִתְחַזַּקְתֶּם וּלְקַחְתֶּם מִפְּרִי הָאָרֶץ וְהַיָּמִים יְמֵי בִּכּוּרֵי עֲנָבִים
במדבר יג:כ

u-ma ha-a-retz hash-may-na he im ra-za ha-yash ba aytz im a-yeen v'-hit-kha-zak-tem ul-kakh-tem mip-ree ha-a-retz v'-ha-ya-meem y'-may bi-ku-ray a-na-veem
Jerusalem Inspiration
Today's verse describes the details of the spying mission sent into the Holy Land from the desert. Did you know that most of the information meant to be gathered was completely agricultural? The richness of the land and the multitude of trees, were a sure sign of blessing meant to encourage the spies. By looking at those same qualities in modern Israel, we feel supremely blessed by the growing, blooming, rich fertile soil of Israel.

Hi Hoss,Like your Pro Zionist stance,who are not Original Jews but a polyglot of other peoples(A VERSION),so too is your above vid by Boney M (A VERSION)
Herewith is the ORIGINAL circa 1969 by the Melodians....Rivers of Babylon is actually PSALM 137 verse 1......Enjoy Hossy

I would also like to share with you friend a Reggae rendition of PSALM 23 which I feel suits you very well indeed....You Are A Good Man Hoss

And to round off this Biblical Trilogy .....The 1965 Original of River Jordan,by The Basses with the Soul Vendors(Lynn Taitt and the Jets)

Steve

AGAIN OFF TOPIC DEFLECTION AND DERAILMENT

Not at all just sharing beautiful Bible inspired Music..........what you loath is that I get on openly with Hoss and although on differing sides at time,I respect him..........I love a lot of folk because they inspire,......everything you are NOT,I'm sorry to say......You are always rude and slandering towards Penny,Tinnie and all the Greats on here.......but they are nice.....me I expose you for the RAMPANT IDIOT YOU ARE

LIAR you goad and incite all the time so you can go crawling to the mods and get other posters kicked of the board. We can tell when you are doing this as we start to get messages about our posts that tell the truth about the LIES you post

Why do you look in the MIRROR all the time and speak about yourself thus ????????

Dont give up the day job. as you will never make it as an entertainer. Still no words of support from anyone else on here showing that you are out on a limb. How many times are you caught out LYING and then deny that you LIED. You are a LOSER in every respect and should be in a mental health hospital being treated for your inadequacies

Phoenal and Steve...please get on topic and take the other stuff to the Flame Zone..ok?

This is what happens when the likes of him are protected, and the innocent parties get the blame. He is constantly going of topic and needs to be reeled in, he deliberately incites others and then runs to you complaining. Instaed of clamping down hard you let him goad and lie until you have this situation.

This thread was created in order to attempt to fix the significant derailment of another thread without having to delete posts.

The topic of this thread is one that comes up with regularity in IP, and is also a frequent derailer of active threads so it will now have a thread of it's own which will be pinned as a "stickie".

I apologize ahead of time for the bumpy discontinuous beginnig of this, but I think it will smooth out as discussion goes on.

The topic is: The history involving the creation of Israel, the British Mandate, and the applicable actions of the UN in that history.
When I visited Israel myself I did an extensive study of the recreation of The Jewish State.

The best starting point is the end of the 2nd Temple Period when due to rebellion at Jerusalem the Romans sacked and destroyed it and murdered all the residents. By then the "Christian Jews" had already left, according to Eusebius.

From that point on the Jews were a people without a nation, for the next 2000 years.

By 1917 the Jews has the financial and political strength to claim their ancient lands back, and by then the Turkish Ottoman Empire was weak enough that mandating a homeland for the Jews in Palestine was first feasible.

From 1917 to 1948 immigration was at first a trickle, but then after WW2 it was a torrent.

Long story short, the Jews regained their ancient homeland at the expense of the occupants who were by then Palestinian Muslims.

So be it.

It's about human beings.

People who are trying to live their lives, raise families, create a future. It's that simple. Those people are called Jews and Palestinians, and they deserve the same respect and recognition as any other people. It does not matter what happened a century or millinium ago. Who cares who was "first" or "indiginous" or whatever. What matters is NOW, and a what matters is that any future must include the rights, dreams and recognition of both those peoples.
Although however when two peoples claim title to a land, usually a title search is in order.

The original Canaanite inhabitants which were Egyptian satellites were wiped out by the Hebrews who came out of Egypt.

The subsequent Palestinians and Jews moved into the land, the P's from Joppa and the J's from Jordan.

I think they need to split it now somehow. Because it looks like they don't want to live in peace with each other.

The P's seem to be the more violent and they are funded from Iran.

That $400 million that BHO just gave to Iran is going to end up buying more guns and ammo for the P's very soon. I can't believe BHO and Kerry did it.

Having said that, the Israeli's better brace themselves.

I'm sure Netanyahu will be glad when BHO is out of office, no matter who takes over The White House.

It's about human beings.

I agree. That said, the reason why it keeps coming up is because Team Palestine uses it to negate the rights of the Jewish people.
jew-ish is not a people or tribe.So israelis lied.

And niether is black, so what does this make you ?

It's about human beings.

And Team Israel uses it to negate the rights of Palestinians.

It appears that some folks ignore more gentle warnings, so I'm going to say this in my moderator voice.

Get back on topic. Take the personal food fights over the Flame Zone or there will be thread bannings and/or infractions.

I disagree.

Yes, some members of Team Israel do discuss the invention of the Palestinians, as I have myself, and some question the cultural differentiations between that culture and nearby cultures, as I have myself, but the context is typically not rejecting that the Palestinians exist, or that a Palestinian nation must not exist. Team Israel, and I can't think of exceptions on this board, is overwhelmingly pro-Two State Solution (actually four State solution, but whatever). Most of the discussions concerning the Palestinians lack of rights to a nation are related to their preparedness to both govern and to live at peace with Israel. Its not an existential fight for the Palestinians.

Team Palestine, on the other hand, argues regularly and insistently that the Jewish people are not a people, an ethnicity or a culture and have no rights to BE a nation. They argue that there is no such thing as the Jewish people. They argue for ethnic cleansing -- not to secure peace -- but because the Jewish people have no rights and therefore ethnically cleansing them is not a violation of human rights. They argue for exclusive use of the Holy Places and the entire territory -- not to secure peace -- but because the Jewish people do not qualify for any of it. Some of them repeat anti-semitic libels and lies on a regular basis in thread after thread after thread in order to demonize and dehumanize Jews.

I disagree.

Yes, some members of Team Israel do discuss the invention of the Palestinians, as I have myself, and some question the cultural differentiations between that culture and nearby cultures, as I have myself, but the context is typically not rejecting that the Palestinians exist, or that a Palestinian nation must not exist. Team Israel, and I can't think of exceptions on this board, is overwhelmingly pro-Two State Solution (actually four State solution, but whatever). Most of the discussions concerning the Palestinians lack of rights to a nation are related to their preparedness to both govern and to live at peace with Israel. Its not an existential fight for the Palestinians.

Team Palestine, on the other hand, argues regularly and insistently that the Jewish people are not a people, an ethnicity or a culture and have no rights to BE a nation. They argue that there is no such thing as the Jewish people. They argue for ethnic cleansing -- not to secure peace -- but because the Jewish people have no rights and therefore ethnically cleansing them is not a violation of human rights. They argue for exclusive use of the Holy Places and the entire territory -- not to secure peace -- but because the Jewish people do not qualify for any of it. Some of them repeat anti-semitic libels and lies on a regular basis in thread after thread after thread in order to demonize and dehumanize Jews.

There are plenty on Team Israel that argue the Palestinians don't exist, they are invented, they are just Arabs and that they should be sent off to other Arab countries. It's not just one or two folks here. I've noticed many discussions where there lack of rights is directly related to their lack of existence as a people. In essence - I've seen the same arguments you attribute to Team Palestine. I've also seen those who argue against the rights of Jewish people, as you describe - but I've seen just as much libel and demonizing and dehumanizing of the Palestinians.

There are a handful of posters on either side that don't do this, that actually dig into the issues and try to come up with solutions.

I've seen just as much libel and demonizing and dehumanizing of the Palestinians.

Again, I disagree. There is some. Team Israel is not all angels and goodness and light. I do try to call it out when I see it.

But just looking at the threads and OPs on the I/P board -- I can see one which denies the existence of the Temple; several which are outright lies about Israel; one which accuses Israel of apartheid for a silly reason and two which were dragged up from obscure opinion sites with vague accusations and no links or facts. On the other side -- I see a few about Palestine with good links from news sources stating facts and quotes from sources.

There are a handful of posters on either side that don't do this, that actually dig into the issues and try to come up with solutions.

There we agree. Very few people look into the complexities of the issues and search for ways to solve the conflict.

I've seen just as much libel and demonizing and dehumanizing of the Palestinians.

Again, I disagree. There is some. Team Israel is not all angels and goodness and light. I do try to call it out when I see it.

But just looking at the threads and OPs on the I/P board -- I can see one which denies the existence of the Temple; several which are outright lies about Israel; one which accuses Israel of apartheid for a silly reason and two which were dragged up from obscure opinion sites with vague accusations and no links or facts. On the other side -- I see a few about Palestine with good links from news sources stating facts and quotes from sources.

There we agree. Very few people look into the complexities of the issues and search for ways to solve the conflict.

I see a lot of trollish threads from a very few people (as a matter of fact, one person in particular seems rather over-represented) that is what I'm seeing. And a few good threads with good topics. But I'm seeing crap coming from both teams and the impression I get is that the goal is to demonize one side or the other. For example a thread on a "Palestinian contribution to mankind" which is anything but, one on "lets deal with documented facts" which is completely one-side and debatably "factual" and a repetitive topic with the op. You, Rocco, Tinmore, Daniyel, seem to be the ones more willing to get into issues over sound bites - but I think we live in a sound bite world unfortunately.

No Shusa,it was yourside that DEMONIZED,MURDERED,and exsile the Palestinian People to gain their land Ilegally ,then said to following generations THAT NO ONE HAD LIVED THERE BEFORE....need I go on,I think I will keep to the sound bite here,hate for Coyote to think I was having a discussion,heaven forbid

It's about human beings.

What rights and can you give a link that shows this to be true. Otherwise your claim is just outright anti semitism, religious intolerance and incitement to racism.

If there was any evidence of this the Jews would have been dragged to the Hague and al charged with war crimes and crimes against humanity.

There are plenty on Team Israel that argue the Palestinians don't exist, they are invented, they are just Arabs and that they should be sent off to other Arab countries. It's not just one or two folks here. I've noticed many discussions where there lack of rights is directly related to their lack of existence as a people. In essence - I've seen the same arguments you attribute to Team Palestine. I've also seen those who argue against the rights of Jewish people, as you describe - but I've seen just as much libel and demonizing and dehumanizing of the Palestinians.

The Palestinians are definitely a tribe or sub-group of Arabic Muslims.

That said, when they constantly use terrorism as a tool and habitually murder innocent men, women and children, they become a force to be neutralized.

Add to this, if the other Arab nations/tribes/sub-groups really gave a shit about the Palestinians, they would have accepted them as refugees or helped them build factories in the Palestinian territories. Instead, those Arabs egged the Palestinians on to commit terrorist atrocities sending them a shitload of weapons, rockets and suicide belts and just enough food to live long enough to die as "martyrs".

So be it.

It's about human beings.

Although however when two peoples claim title to a land, usually a title search is in order.

The original Canaanite inhabitants which were Egyptian satellites were wiped out by the Hebrews who came out of Egypt.

The subsequent Palestinians and Jews moved into the land, the P's from Joppa and the J's from Jordan.

I think they need to split it now somehow. Because it looks like they don't want to live in peace with each other.

The P's seem to be the more violent and they are funded from Iran.

That $400 million that BHO just gave to Iran is going to end up buying more guns and ammo for the P's very soon. I can't believe BHO and Kerry did it.

Having said that, the Israeli's better brace themselves.

I'm sure Netanyahu will be glad when BHO is out of office, no matter who takes over The White House.

It was split in 1923 into trans Jordan and the Jewish national home, if it is to be split further than it must be from trans jordan as the Jews lands are getting smaller and smaler. Why not just enforce the 1923 international law embodied in the international treaties of 1917, 1921, 1923 and 1924 and evict the illegal squatters from the Jewish national home. I still cant figure out why the part of the international laws that allowed the arab muslims to evict the Jews from their lands were enforced by the UN and International courts and not the parts that allowed the Jews to evist the non Jews from the Jewish national home.

The main question is why in a huge world filled with war and strife the OP is about a tiny strip of sand.
Maybe because it's in the Israel/Palestine forum :dunno:
Where's the Pakistan/India forum? Cambodia/Thailand forum?

Oh yeah, no Jews there.

No Palestinians either.

Want to bet, as some of the "palestinians" captured by Israel in the many wars have been pakistani's, afghani's and bangla deshi's

No Shusa,it was yourside that DEMONIZED,MURDERED,and exsile the Palestinian People to gain their land Ilegally ,then said to following generations THAT NO ONE HAD LIVED THERE BEFORE....need I go on,I think I will keep to the sound bite here,hate for Coyote to think I was having a discussion,heaven forbid

And I am still waiting for you to produce the evidence that the LoN granted the land to the arab muslims calling themselves palestinians.

The evidence of Western journalists travelling through palestine in the 19C all says that there were few places that had a human presence. That most of the villages were Jewish with the occasional arab tent village. The ottoman census results show that the Jews were in the majority, and the early British results show the same thing. All you produce is the links that support the islamicf version of history as if they are the only evidence available.

Over the last 100 years the arab muslims have attempted to wipe out the Jews in palestine/Israel and failed in the process. The evidence shows that the arab muslims invaded palestine with the intention of mass murdering the Jews and were put out when the Jews turned on them.

You constantly deny the Jews their rights to their lands granted under international treaty and international laws in 1923, the same laws and treaties that granted the arab muslims Syria, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Saudi, Yemen, Egypt and Turkey. So if you deny the Jews their rights then you are denying the arab muslm theirs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back