The Official "Who Did You Vote For?" Thread

Who Did You Vote For?

• Total voters
And Kevin, the main reason I don't like Barr is he "used" to be a neocon. He's also ex-CIA, and I'm just not sure I can find it within myself to trust a man who can go from one extreme to the other, specifically regarding the Patriot Act. If he didn't have the sense back then to realize how unconstitutional it was, why should I trust him now? He doesn't represent libertarianism, as far as I'm concerned. I liked his rhetoric during the campaign, I liked what he had to say on Glenn Beck, but ultimately I don't trust him.

I don't really trust ANYONE, except Paul. I still may write him in. But like I said, the presidential is not that important to me. There are other races that are more important, in my opinion.

I absolutely don't blame you. Bob Barr had very few redeemable qualities just a few short years ago. Baldwin is a fine choice, just a few things I disagree with him about.

I was hard for me not to write in Ron Paul, but I knew it wouldn't count in the end and that's what it's all about.

I'm all for there being more than two parties but to date all we get with third party candidates are crack pots.

I think that's how it was for Kerry in 2004. It was more about being against Bush and not for Kerry (at least for me). I think you are right though, Obama supporters actually DO like him which IMO means he'll probably win because if we judge based on what happened in 04, voting against someone doesn't usually work out that well.

I tell everyone that it's important to vote regardless of who you are voting for so I'm glad you're voting!

This is the best perspective that I have seen thus far on this election. Kudos Silence. :clap2:

A vote against Obama, at least for me, does not mean that I dislike McCain... sure, I liked other Republican candidates more... but I would certainly support McCain in his efforts if he stays true to his word.... I will not support Obama at all with his extreme left history, policies, and stances

which word are you hoping McCain stays true to DD? his word in 2000 when he was against the Bush tax cuts, against torture, for immigration reform and against offshore drilling

or his words in 2008 where he wants to make the tax cuts permanent, is for torture and against veterans benefits and wouldn't even vote for his own immigration bill and now thinks we should drill baby drill!

I'm confused as to which McCain you think you're voting for!? :eusa_whistle:

I absolutely don't blame you. Bob Barr had very few redeemable qualities just a few short years ago. Baldwin is a fine choice, just a few things I disagree with him about.

I was hard for me not to write in Ron Paul, but I knew it wouldn't count in the end and that's what it's all about.

I'm really excited about Lawson, though!

He's run a really tight campaign, and it will be a huge let down if he loses. I think I'll be watching NC's returns closer than the presidential tonight.

There was one person in the voting booth before me today. No one was on line after me. People will drip in and out during the day and it will get crowded this evening after people get done with work, I'd guess... although our polling place is one of the smaller ones, so maybe not.

My son loved helping me vote. He particularly liked pulling the lever for our congressman whom he considers his very own representative. But he also liked watching Obama's girls vote with their daddy.

There was one person in the voting booth before me today. No one was on line after me. People will drip in and out during the day and it will get crowded this evening after people get done with work, I'd guess... although our polling place is one of the smaller ones, so maybe not.

My son loved helping me vote. He particularly liked pulling the lever for our congressman whom he considers his very own representative. But he also liked watching Obama's girls vote with their daddy.

The elite always have it so easy. :lol:

I'm really excited about Lawson, though!

He's run a really tight campaign, and it will be a huge let down if he loses. I think I'll be watching NC's returns closer than the presidential tonight.

I was glad to donate to Lawson, and I hope he sticks it to that traitor David Price.

which word are you hoping McCain stays true to DD? his word in 2000 when he was against the Bush tax cuts, against torture, for immigration reform and against offshore drilling

or his words in 2008 where he wants to make the tax cuts permanent, is for torture and against veterans benefits and wouldn't even vote for his own immigration bill and now thinks we should drill baby drill!

I'm confused as to which McCain you think you're voting for!? :eusa_whistle:

Maybe you should actually look at the history instead of Obama talking points and slogans...

McCain voted against the Bush cuts because he was FOR another form of cut, another bill

Being against torture does not mean you are against intensive interrogation, or against GITMO

Having all sorts of useless and unrelated pork shoved into a Veterans Benefits bill is a DAMN good reason to vote against it.... I would have voted against that albatross as well, and I am a vet

Times change and it is good that McCain is now for drilling and for support of all types of energy relief, and not just wishful thinking on alternatives that are not ready to a point to meet our needs

I do not agree with many of the things that McCain has supported for immigration control... but then again, I do not have to agree with everything McCain supports, to vote for him over Obama

If you, and the rest of the sheep in the country would change your thinking, then 3rd party would have a shot.

People like you perpetuate the 2 party monopoly. We all know both parties are corrupt, but on election day we become morons and we give them credibility with our votes.

It's pathetic.

And Kevin, the main reason I don't like Barr is he "used" to be a neocon. He's also ex-CIA, and I'm just not sure I can find it within myself to trust a man who can go from one extreme to the other, specifically regarding the Patriot Act. If he didn't have the sense back then to realize how unconstitutional it was, why should I trust him now? He doesn't represent libertarianism, as far as I'm concerned. I liked his rhetoric during the campaign, I liked what he had to say on Glenn Beck, but ultimately I don't trust him.

I don't really trust ANYONE, except Paul. I still may write him in. But like I said, the presidential is not that important to me. There are other races that are more important, in my opinion.

I've been hearing about people asking poll workers if they could just vote for president, and no one else. That's just sad. People are morons.

For you 3rd party lovers, let me explain it to you. If we had three or four strong candidates, and they split the vote somewhat evenly, with each winning a respectable percentage of states, then no one would win a majority in the electoral college. So, the House of Representatives would then choose our next President, possibly choosing the candidate with the least votes.

Again, as I said before, our system is set up to work as a two party system. If you have a strong case to be President, you make it in the primaries and win your party's nomination. If we had Parliamentary form of government, then multiple parties would be workable. But we do not.

Maybe you should actually look at the history instead of Obama talking points and slogans...

Maybe you should.

McCain voted against the Bush cuts because he was FOR another form of cut, another bill

McCain supported the Bush cuts after he opposed them and says he will continue them, regardless of how stupid they are.

Being against torture does not mean you are against intensive interrogation, or against GITMO

It does, however, mean you are against waterboarding... and yes, against GITMO.

Having all sorts of useless and unrelated pork shoved into a Veterans Benefits bill is a DAMN good reason to vote against it.... I would have voted against that albatross as well, and I am a vet

And if Obama had voted against it, I suspect he'd be savaged as being bad for vets. FWIW, McCain was given a terrible rating on vetran's issues by IAVA.

Times change and it is good that McCain is now for drilling and for support of all types of energy relief, and not just wishful thinking on alternatives that are not ready to a point to meet our needs

Actually, it's drilling that isn't ready to meet our needs. Daddy Bush knew that and Obama used to know it. One of my disagreements with him, actually, was watching him give in on the issue to reach a compromise with the "drill baby drill" crew.

I do not agree with many of the things that McCain has supported for immigration control... but then again, I do not have to agree with everything McCain supports, to vote for him over Obama

Interestingly, Immigration was one of the issues that old mccain used to be a voice of reason on.

Actually, McCain 2K had a lot of good ideas... pity he ran on the radical right brand and not his own.

For you 3rd party lovers, let me explain it to you. If we had three or four strong candidates, and they split the vote somewhat evenly, with each winning a respectable percentage of states, then no one would win a majority in the electoral college. So, the House of Representatives would then choose our next President, possibly choosing the candidate with the least votes.

Again, as I said before, our system is set up to work as a two party system. If you have a strong case to be President, you make it in the primaries and win your party's nomination. If we had Parliamentary form of government, then multiple parties would be workable. But we do not.

You're missing the ultimate point.

It's not to add another party or two into the equation, it's to REPLACE the ones we have right now that don't work for the people.

I'm not sure how much longer you're willing to watch the hollywood movie that is Washington politics, but I've been over it for YEARS now.

By lending credence to other parties, we're telling the establishment that you either shape up the two main parties, or you watch them get replaced by others that work for the people.

It would be very easy for the Dems and Repubs to be replaced by the libertarians and the greens, for instance. Each one could EASILY become popular with the voter bases of the Dems and Repubs. All it takes is for voters to grow some balls and just DO IT.

Dems and Repubs are long since bought and paid for. We don't count anymore in their eyes. We're good only for votes every election, to keep them in power. After that, our desires do not mean SHIT to them.

So a two party system that gives us two weak candidates is somehow better ?
No thanks. I want an entirely different group to start representing us. The dems and the GOP have are PROVEN failures at it.

Maybe you should.

McCain supported the Bush cuts after he opposed them and says he will continue them, regardless of how stupid they are.

It does, however, mean you are against waterboarding... and yes, against GITMO.

And if Obama had voted against it, I suspect he'd be savaged as being bad for vets. FWIW, McCain was given a terrible rating on vetran's issues by IAVA.

Actually, it's drilling that isn't ready to meet our needs. Daddy Bush knew that and Obama used to know it. One of my disagreements with him, actually, was watching him give in on the issue to reach a compromise with the "drill baby drill" crew.

Interestingly, Immigration was one of the issues that old mccain used to be a voice of reason on.

Actually, McCain 2K had a lot of good ideas... pity he ran on the radical right brand and not his own.

1) Just because he would have rather had a different form of cuts, does not mean he was entirely against the Bush cuts... and after the ones he supported were turned down, he then put his support behind the ones that did pass... and your thoughts that the cuts are 'stupid' are irrelevant... they make more sense than Obama's support of redistribution thru the taxation system.... but lord knows I would rather see a flat income tax system of the system/proposals either of them have

2) Personally.. .i would execute each and every terrorist... but I fully support GITMO and it's concept. I do not believe a foreign terrorist, not in a country's military or bound by military law, should be afforded the honor that we give to captured soldiers, and they certainly do not deserve the same treatment as US citizens...

3) If Obama would have voted against it, I don't know what Hannity or Rush or whomever would have said... but I would have certainly understood and actually supported his decision to vote against it because of pork... but knowing Obama's history, he would not have voted against additional spending thrown into any bill

4) Actually, it's drilling that will more certainly help our needs in the short to mid term, moreso than many of the alternative energy sources.... which is why, and many like me support the efforts into ALL energy channels including increased drilling and nuke

5) I have no doubt that you agreed more with McCain in the past on immigration, because he had more of a leftist view... I fully support intensive border control, mass deportations, and requiring local law enforcement to turn over any information or prisoners they have to the US authorities for the deportation process to start.. I also fully support suspected illegal status to be a basis of probable cause

6) Funny... I still don't see him running on the far right brand... or even a full conservative brand.... he is still more moderate than many others, and certainly more towards the center than extremist Obama

I voted for the "loud mouth" who somehow mistakenly believes she's supposed to tell the American people the truth.

oh, you mean truth like some cell phone call about the dumping of 5k bodies into the swamp??

:eusa_whistle:

I voted for Obama

Last edited:
If you think the two party system works for this country, you're sadly mistaken. Partisanship is what creates things like bailouts filled with pork barrel spending and deadlocks between parties to prevent important legislation from passing.

Just curious JS, did you notice alot of kids from your University voting. I know your in school so just wanted to know.

Forum List

Back