The Official "Who Did You Vote For?" Thread

Who Did You Vote For?

• Total voters
Looks like so far most people here don't have the balls to go 3rd party and send a message.

How sad. I suppose the Obama supporters actually LIKE their candidate, but most McCain supporters are only voting against Obama. That's pretty sad.

I'll be voting around 2pm EST when the whole family is available. I think I decided on Baldwin. I care more about our local and state races, anyway. I'm actually excited about my congressional choice, although he probably won't win.

Not my personal cup of tea, but probably my second choice. Baldwin is far superior to either major candidate.

What's sad is folks like you that don't have the balls to vote for the best man running for the job.

I'm pretty sure Paulitics and I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries, so I'm confused what you're talking about?

Looks like so far most people here don't have the balls to go 3rd party and send a message.

How sad. I suppose the Obama supporters actually LIKE their candidate, but most McCain supporters are only voting against Obama. That's pretty sad.

I'll be voting around 2pm EST when the whole family is available. I think I decided on Baldwin. I care more about our local and state races, anyway. I'm actually excited about my congressional choice, although he probably won't win.

By voting 3rd party, what type of message are you sending? You are not making a statement to anyone other than yourself. The time to make a statement is during the primaries. We don't want or need a three party system. It would not work out well for anyone. We do not have a Parliamentary form of government, so coalitions cannot be put together to run the government. If we want true change, then we should vote for that during the primaries.

By voting 3rd party, what type of message are you sending? You are not making a statement to anyone other than yourself. The time to make a statement is during the primaries. We don't want or need a three party system. It would not work out well for anyone. We do not have a Parliamentary form of government, so coalitions cannot be put together to run the government. If we want true change, then we should vote for that during the primaries.

If you think the two party system works for this country, you're sadly mistaken. Partisanship is what creates things like bailouts filled with pork barrel spending and deadlocks between parties to prevent important legislation from passing.

There were more people at the polls than ever before. Lots of young people which scares me. I voted for McCain. For the folks who who voted for Bob Barr, do you care whether McCain or Obama wins? I went for the independent vote a while back and I thought it was totally wasted and Clinton became president.

This is one of the saddest posts I've ever seen. The more choices you have, the better off you are. Why should I vote for someone I don't support in the general election? Some of us think that voting our conscience is the way to go.

I'm all for there being more than two parties but to date all we get with third party candidates are crack pots.

I think that's how it was for Kerry in 2004. It was more about being against Bush and not for Kerry (at least for me). I think you are right though, Obama supporters actually DO like him which IMO means he'll probably win because if we judge based on what happened in 04, voting against someone doesn't usually work out that well.

I tell everyone that it's important to vote regardless of who you are voting for so I'm glad you're voting!

There were more people at the polls than ever before. Lots of young people which scares me. I voted for McCain. For the folks who who voted for Bob Barr, do you care whether McCain or Obama wins? I went for the independent vote a while back and I thought it was totally wasted and Clinton became president.

It doesn't matter which one wins in my opinion. There are so little differences between the two that it's laughable they weren't running on the same ticket.

If you, and the rest of the sheep in the country would change your thinking, then 3rd party would have a shot.

People like you perpetuate the 2 party monopoly. We all know both parties are corrupt, but on election day we become morons and we give them credibility with our votes.

It's pathetic.

And Kevin, the main reason I don't like Barr is he "used" to be a neocon. He's also ex-CIA, and I'm just not sure I can find it within myself to trust a man who can go from one extreme to the other, specifically regarding the Patriot Act. If he didn't have the sense back then to realize how unconstitutional it was, why should I trust him now? He doesn't represent libertarianism, as far as I'm concerned. I liked his rhetoric during the campaign, I liked what he had to say on Glenn Beck, but ultimately I don't trust him.

I don't really trust ANYONE, except Paul. I still may write him in. But like I said, the presidential is not that important to me. There are other races that are more important, in my opinion.

I've been hearing about people asking poll workers if they could just vote for president, and no one else. That's just sad. People are morons.

I'm all for there being more than two parties but to date all we get with third party candidates are crack pots.

I think that's how it was for Kerry in 2004. It was more about being against Bush and not for Kerry (at least for me). I think you are right though, Obama supporters actually DO like him which IMO means he'll probably win because if we judge based on what happened in 04, voting against someone doesn't usually work out that well.

I tell everyone that it's important to vote regardless of who you are voting for so I'm glad you're voting!

A vote against Obama, at least for me, does not mean that I dislike McCain... sure, I liked other Republican candidates more... but I would certainly support McCain in his efforts if he stays true to his word.... I will not support Obama at all with his extreme left history, policies, and stances

obama pres, repub congressman, then independent or libertarian for the other slots.

I voted against the guy who can't remember how many houses he owns, who lobbied for convicted felon Charles Keating, who changed every position he has ever had since 2000, who financed his Senate campaigns with his wife Cindy's mob money, who cheated on his crippled wife when he came back from Vietnam, who voted with George W. Bush 90% of the time, who paled around with domestic terrorist G. Gordon Liddy, who praised Jerry Fawell, who nominated a completely unqualified vice presidential candidate, and who changed his position and lied repeatedly during the campaign about a very fine man named Obama.

Go Obama!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back