The Obesity Epidemic

I've been around a lot of vegans in recent years, and I'm subscribed to a lot of vegan channels on YouTube...and you'd be surprised. There are actually a lot of vegans who are libertarian, some conservatives, and a growing number of Christians, who I think were not vegan before because there's been a collective blindspot among Christians in this area. I did a blog post on that topic a few years back. I think the non-leftist vegans are not as vocal on social media, and that's probably why you don't hear about them as much.
Did you know it’s World Carnivore Month? Yeah me either, but I intend to enjoy it.
1672664985797.png

That is exactly what Michelle Obama did. Advocate good diets and exercise for children

Conservatives were outraged and told her she had no business telling them how their children should eat.

View attachment 625970
No she didn't.
At the very beginning she did. But was quickly told by those holding the strings controlling her - to stop talking about eating too much sugar and fat. The sugar and soda lobbyist told her to stop - and she did.
So she switched gears and just concentrated on exercising

Last edited:
No she didn't.
At the very beginning she did. But was quickly told by those holding the strings controlling her - to stop talking about eating too much sugar and fat. The sugar and soda lobbyist told her to stop - and she did.
So she switched gears and just concentrated on exercising
Diet is 90%. Literally

Diet is 90%. Literally
Yes it is.
And at the very beginning of her "fight child obesity" movement, she was outspoken about kids drinking soda and eating high sugar/fat foods.
Then the sugar/soda lobbyist told her to stop - and she never, not once talked about sugar and soda again. And that is how her "mission" changed course completely into just about vague "eat responsibly" and exercise.
She sold out.

Yes it is.
And at the very beginning of her "fight child obesity" movement, she was outspoken about kids drinking soda and eating high sugar/fat foods.
Then the sugar/soda lobbyist told her to stop - and she never, not once talked about sugar and soda again. And that is how her "mission" changed course completely into just about vague "eat responsibly" and exercise.
She sold out.

Conservatives went on the attack defending what their kids ate.

Yes it is.
She sold out.
Parents put their kids on the cheap and easy diet for a lot of reasons. They should keep these "foods" out of their children's mouths as long as possible. They'll pick up these poor habits on their own, soon enough

Do you have any examples where she did that or is it just an opinion?

Besides school lunch reform, however, “Let’s Move” has deliberately veered away from pushing actual legislation, instead focusing on personal responsibility in nutrition and fitness. That’s a very different approach than the one Mrs. Obama took during the inception of her fight against childhood obesity. In 2010, the First Lady gave a fiery speech at a Grocery Manufacturers Association conference, arguing that changing personal habits won’t work if big companies like Kraft and General Mills continue to target children with misleading ads for sugary, fatty food:

“Let’s Move” has deliberately veered away from pushing actual legislation, instead focusing on personal responsibility in nutrition and fitness
Except I agree with this. The First Lady can ENCOURAGE, but legislation is not their responsibility

Besides school lunch reform, however, “Let’s Move” has deliberately veered away from pushing actual legislation, instead focusing on personal responsibility in nutrition and fitness. That’s a very different approach than the one Mrs. Obama took during the inception of her fight against childhood obesity. In 2010, the First Lady gave a fiery speech at a Grocery Manufacturers Association conference, arguing that changing personal habits won’t work if big companies like Kraft and General Mills continue to target children with misleading ads for sugary, fatty food:
Too bad her husband didn’t push actual policies that ensure our food supply is safe and healthful. I guess those campaign donations from big food are far more important.

Too bad her husband didn’t push actual policies that ensure our food supply is safe and healthful. I guess those campaign donations from big food are far more important.
It's always all about the money.

On the contrary, YOU are making a terrible assumption there. Why on earth do you think people would let them go extinct? Most people who don't eat animals do that because they LOVE animals. So why would people who love animals enough to not eat them let them go extinct? That makes no sense.

As it is now, there are farm animals who were rescued from the meat and dairy industries and are living their lives out in animal sanctuaries. As time goes on, I think there will be more and more animal sanctuaries, because there are a lot of people who love animals, and believe that they have just as much right to live on this earth as you and I do. To think otherwise is arrogant, anthropocentric and cruel, in my view.

Speaking of animals being rescued from the meat industry, here's a fantastic story. I hope you take a few minutes and check it out.

Are the animals in these sanctuaries allowed to reproduce? Or does "live out their lives" mean the eventual end of them.

Vegans are a small minority among liberals.
Agreed. So why make the link? I get you don't agree. You've spent a lifetime making a living off killing. We all justify the evil we do. Yet you actually argue and attack me for NOT killing or bringing suffering on any living creature (except maybe liberals). Maybe you should accept that there are growing numbers who no longer see the need to survive by killing and torturing the innocent. Maybe you should stop with the justification and just move on.

Forum List

Back