Abused staffers net nearly $1M a year

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Yeah, let's make the government bigger and hire more of these politicians so even more tax money can go to pay their victims.... When are you people going to wise up and realize that more government is not the solution. Give the people back their hard earned money and let them spend it how they like instead of having to pay for sh!t like this!

Abused staffers net nearly $1M a year - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Taxpayers have paid out nearly $1 million per year in settlements to congressional employees who have been harassed or otherwise treated badly by their political bosses over the past 14 years, according to records from the Office of Compliance.

The payouts stem from hundreds of complaints from employees, some of whom may have been sexually harassed or treated so poorly that third-party mediators were brought in to negotiate cash payoffs to settle the cases.

Answer. Start treating your staff in accordance with the law

How about if the actual perpetrators of the harassment pay out of their personal pockets, instead of having the money come out of the tax coffers? If the harasser's supervisor didn't take action, then they too should chip in. The victim bears the responsibility of going up the chain of command, and all who neglected to duly act on the information will be held personally financially responsible.

$14 million in 14 years with over 500 different offices and bosses?

Sounds pretty damned cheap to me.

My small town has paid out more than million to jilted and unhappy ex employees in the twenty years I've been here.

And that's one town of about 3,000 people.

Those Congressional person must be saints!

Forum List

Back