The Obama White House lied to the American people.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Oldstyle, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,312
    It's become perfectly clear from what's come to light this week that the Obama White House lied to the American people for political reasons about the death of our Ambassador in Libya. Testimony in front of the Congressional Oversight Committee has our intelligence operatives KNOWING within 24 hours that the attack was not an unplanned response to an anti-Islam video as the Obama White House said but rather a well planned attack by Al Queda forces armed with assault rifles, mortars and RPG's. Rather than admit that such an attack took place, this Administration sent out the UN Ambassador five days later to lie repeatedly on national news programs, attempting to make it something that it never was.

Getting Barack Obama reelected was more important to these people than telling us the truth. They stonewalled the investigation because it didn't match the "narrative" that they were selling...that Barack Obama's policies had weakened Al Queda to the point of near defeat. You're honestly telling me that the FBI couldn't investigate this for THREE WEEKS because it was supposedly too dangerous on the ground...yet reporters were on site? The truth is that this Administration didn't WANT an investigation showing how inept they were at protecting our diplomats or how they subsequently covered up what happened.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    I'm a tougher bird than most. Not much moves me to sympathy but when I heard that one guy testifying that he had spoken to Ambassador Stevens who was very sad. Not angry, sad. He knew that this country had betrayed him. He knew he was being left to die. That was enough to shudder my feathers. I can't really imagine what those people thought when they knew that obama had abandoned them for a preferrable narrative. Well, I can imagine it, but it makes me sick to do so.

If Chris Stevens were alive, he'd vote for Romney.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  3. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,312
    I don't know which is worse...that the Obama State Department handled security so badly...or that the Obama White House thought they could flat out lie about what happened and not have it catch up with them until after this election.

4. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,905
    Is anyone truly surprised by this? Obama's entire presidency has been a smoke and mirrors show put on for an adoring audience.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    And he had the nerve to say Romney was putting the cart before the horse. What a vile and disgusting man occupying the White House. I hope Romney gets an apology about this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxW6qGeMN6M]Romney Attack Backfire? Republican Nominee Slams Obama Over Killings at U.S. Embassy in Libya - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,354
    Abandoned in the end after Clinton appointed him to the position.

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Clinton appointed him to the position?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  9. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,312
    The Obama White House knew very well that there was no demonstration that night that turned into a "spontaneous" attack on the embassy. They knew it was a terrorist attack almost immediately. Yet they attacked Mitt Romney's accurate depiction of events and labeled it a "knee jerk" response that proved how Romney wasn't suited to be President.

What kind of people do that? Knowingly tell a lie and then rip your opponent's correct appraisal of what happened? Send your UN ambassador out to look the American people in the eye on Sunday talk show after talk show and tell what you KNOW is a complete falsehood?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  10. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,515
    This is the stuff that pisses me off, I don't care what party affiliation. There needs to be some ownership of this.