The Obama Legacy: Race Wars

Obama's Legacy in a split screen photo:

View attachment 34320

The Great Uniter has fomented a Race War, with Ferguson as ground zero. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Holder DOJ suggested that the Grand Jury decision be announced at night. So much easier for the looters and anarchists to commit vandalism and violence in the dark.
you are a moron...Obama has nothing to do with this beyond giving an opinion.

The OP has shit for brains.

You are an idiot.

You have shit for brains.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

Have a nice day!

More on Obama's Legacy...Riots & Looting & Violence:

Mr. Obama ran and won two presidential campaigns on promises that he would heal these very people. It was either stupidity or dishonesty to make such reckless promises to such vulnerable people just to win a couple of political elections.

The rioting lays bare the complete failure that is this presidency. In the end, the only thing this president has accomplished is proving that the American people, for all their flaws, would elect a black president. And then re-elect him despite a very disappointing first four years.

Nothing better encapsulated Mr. Obama's personal failure like the split screens carried on every channel showing the president addressing the situation from the White House alongside images of the situation unfolding in Ferguson.

"We are a nation built on the rule of law," he said as protesters smashed the windows of a police cruiser and rocked it back and forth, trying to tip it over.

"We do have work to do here," he said as protesters surged toward police lines and smoke began billowing toward them.

And the police, Mr. Obama said, "they need to work with the community, not against the community." Meanwhile, hissing canisters of tear gas skittered down the street.

The protesters, they must understand, justice "won't be done by throwing bottles." Just then, somebody gets hit in the head with a bottle.

This, the president said, is "an opportunity for us to seize the moment and turn this into a positive situation."

Beside him, on the screen, a reporter is trying to talk into the camera, wearing a gas mask. "If we can get some water," the reporter chokes.

Another reporter asks on air for the network to invest in better gas masks.

Luckily for everyone, President Obama took only one question and quickly exited the stage....

The Nuclear Option -- Call Ferguson Demonstrations What They Are Obama Riots

Obama's Legacy in a split screen photo:

View attachment 34320

The Great Uniter has fomented a Race War, with Ferguson as ground zero. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Holder DOJ suggested that the Grand Jury decision be announced at night. So much easier for the looters and anarchists to commit vandalism and violence in the dark.

You are an idiot.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

Have a nice day!

You're nothing of the sort. You're simply a lazy fuck who thinks they know something about politics and political science. Every President has had rioting and demonstrations of some sort yet somehow Obama's comparatively tranquil Presidency now has a legacy of something he wasn't even involved in?

The fecal matter you call brain cells are too few to come up with this nonsense....that you have to quote Bierbart should be your first clue.

Obama's legacy will be one of more hope than change to be sure. Our constitution requires a partnership and obvious to everyone (even those like you whom refuse to admit it), the GOP congress had no intention of partnering with Obama on anything. It will be a legacy of one of bringing healthcare to those who had none, ending two unwinnable wars started by his predacessor, leveling the playing field for LGBT individuals, slow and steady recovery from the Bush Depression etc...

Sucks to be you but then again, you knew that...didn't you

They haven't, your derangement and your racism notwithstanding.

There you go, playing your tattered and worn out race card.

Here's what's really racist: telling the country it should just accept being terrorized by wild black rioters. They just can't help themselves.
Well Whitey, you created this problem, and so did my ancestors, by bringing them here in chains. If you wish to honestly attempt a fix for shit like this, that's where you start, but you don't want to do that now do you?

My Norwegian ancestors who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1880s had absolutely nothing to do with the slave trade. Obama's ancestors, however, were slave owners.

Uh.... rrrreally.... slavery in Kenya huh? Link?

You do know that African slaves brought to the Americas came from West Africa, right?

Who mentioned Kenya?

So you're talkin' slave owners in Kansas - his mother's side?

Again -- link?

Here, I got one....
Kinda says the reverse though.

It was an interesting read if you're into genealogy. I found a distant ancestor of my own in there.

Yup, Barack O'Bama and I could be distantly related. In England.

I know what that implies, and I shudder to think of the prospect, but it does not appear to mean that I'm related to The Dick Cheney.

:::Whew:::

Last edited:
There you go, playing your tattered and worn out race card.

Here's what's really racist: telling the country it should just accept being terrorized by wild black rioters. They just can't help themselves.
Well Whitey, you created this problem, and so did my ancestors, by bringing them here in chains. If you wish to honestly attempt a fix for shit like this, that's where you start, but you don't want to do that now do you?

My Norwegian ancestors who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1880s had absolutely nothing to do with the slave trade. Obama's ancestors, however, were slave owners.

You do know that African slaves brought to the Americas came from West Africa, right?

Who mentioned Kenya?

Again -- link?

Here, I got one....

It was an interesting read if you're into genealogy. I found a distant ancestor of my own in there.

I know what that implies, and I shudder to think of the prospect, but it does not appear to mean that I'm related to The Dick Cheney.

Here you go. Clearly, using a search engine is no a skill you possess.

The records - which had never been addressed publicly by the Illinois senator or his relatives - were first noted in an ancestry report compiled by William Addams Reitwiesner, who works at the Library of Congress and practices genealogy in his spare time. The report, on Reitwiesner's Web site, carries a disclaimer that it is a "first draft" - one likely to be examined more closely if Obama is nominated.

According to the research, one of Obama's great-great-great-great grandfathers, George Washington Overall, owned two slaves who were recorded in the 1850 census in Nelson County, Ky. The same records show that one of Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers, Mary Duvall, also owned two slaves.

The Sun retraced much of Reitwiesner's work, using census information available on the Web site ancestry.com and documents retrieved by the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, among other sources. The records show that Overall, then 30, owned a 15-year-old black female and a 25-year-old black male, while Mary Duvall, his mother-in-law, owned a 60-year-old black man and a 58-year-old black woman. (Slaves are listed in the 1850 census by owner, age, "sex," and "colour," not by name.)

An Obama spokesman did not dispute the information and said that the senator's ancestors "are representative of America.".

"While a relative owned slaves, another fought for the Union in the Civil War," campaign spokesman Bill Burton said last night. "And it is a true measure of progress that the descendant of a slave owner would come to marry a student from Kenya and produce a son who would grow up to be a candidate for president of the United States.".

A new twist to an intriguing family history - Baltimore Sun

Who mentioned Kenya?

Again -- link?

Here, I got one....

Here you go. Clearly, using a search engine is no a skill you possess.

The records - which had never been addressed publicly by the Illinois senator or his relatives - were first noted in an ancestry report compiled by William Addams Reitwiesner, who works at the Library of Congress and practices genealogy in his spare time. The report, on Reitwiesner's Web site, carries a disclaimer that it is a "first draft" - one likely to be examined more closely if Obama is nominated.

According to the research, one of Obama's great-great-great-great grandfathers, George Washington Overall, owned two slaves who were recorded in the 1850 census in Nelson County, Ky. The same records show that one of Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers, Mary Duvall, also owned two slaves.

The Sun retraced much of Reitwiesner's work, using census information available on the Web site ancestry.com and documents retrieved by the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, among other sources. The records show that Overall, then 30, owned a 15-year-old black female and a 25-year-old black male, while Mary Duvall, his mother-in-law, owned a 60-year-old black man and a 58-year-old black woman. (Slaves are listed in the 1850 census by owner, age, "sex," and "colour," not by name.)

An Obama spokesman did not dispute the information and said that the senator's ancestors "are representative of America.".

"While a relative owned slaves, another fought for the Union in the Civil War," campaign spokesman Bill Burton said last night. "And it is a true measure of progress that the descendant of a slave owner would come to marry a student from Kenya and produce a son who would grow up to be a candidate for president of the United States.".

A new twist to an intriguing family history - Baltimore Sun

Hmm... you seem to have left this part out:

>> The Obama report contains a disclaimer that appears on all of Reitwiesner's work: "The following material ... should not be considered either exhaustive or authoritative, but rather as a first draft."
Genealogical experts who reviewed the Obama family tree at the request of The Sun would not vouch for its findings.

Most of the historical entries lack citations of authenticating source material, such as birth and death certificates or marriage licenses, said Barbara Vines Little, past president of the National Genealogical Society in Virginia, adding that "he has nothing here that I can see that would allow you to make any logical link."

"You just can't casually throw some documents together and make a sophisticated analysis," said Tony Burroughs, author of Black Roots: A Beginners Guide to Tracing the African American Family Tree and a consultant on a project by the New York Daily News that found that relatives of former Sen. Strom Thurmond appear to have owned the ancestors of civil rights activist the Rev. Al Sharpton. <<
Now I get that we're scraping a "first draft" of a seven-year-old theory that apparently was never followed up, but what's the point? We seem to have established (and I don't know how I came up with the pdf I linked earlier given that using a search engine is "no a skill I possess") that murky research indicates a POTUS' ancestors may have been both slaves and slaveowners, making him basically like almost the entire population that didn't immigrate from Mexico, but what was the point again?

Oh wait, I remember -- it was comparing all these branches of genealogy with your own.

Well you forgot to post that part. Unless you meant to specifically limit your own search to one particular Norwegian strain exclusively, but you wouldn't do that -- it would be apples and lutefisk.

Scuze me, but a spokesman for the Obama Campaign confirmed the accuracy of the report:

Scuze me, but a spokesman for the Obama Campaign confirmed the accuracy of the report:

And to get there you had to go back six generations, a level that would comprise 64 people, while your own comparison is limited to "My Norwegian ancestors who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1880s", which is likely a total of two (or at maximum if they procreated with each other, four), besides which the 1880s would be at a more recent generational level anyway. For me it's at most three. Now I can keep going back and find my blood connection to Strom Thurmond, but I'd have to go waaaaaaay back. I wouldn't need to go as far to find slaveowners in Mississippi. But if I were to limit my comparison to the two people who comprise "my Irish ancestors who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1880s" and compare that with the complete geneaology of -- well, anybody, I could make the same claim. And it would be worth the same too.

Besides which, by the 1880s slavery was long since illegalized, so it would be impossible for any 1880s immigrants from anywhere, even Mississippi, to own slaves.

As I said, apples and lutefisk. Scrape... scrape... scrape...

And to get there you had to go back six generations, a level that would comprise 64 people, while your own comparison is limited to "My Norwegian ancestors who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1880s", which is likely a total of two (or at maximum if they procreated with each other, four), besides which the 1880s would be at a more recent generational level anyway. For me it's at most three. Now I can keep going back and find my blood connection to Strom Thurmond, but I'd have to go waaaaaaay back. I wouldn't need to go as far to find slaveowners in Mississippi. But if I were to limit my comparison to the two people who comprise "my Irish ancestors who immigrated to the U.S. in the 1880s" and compare that with the complete geneaology of -- well, anybody, I could make the same claim. And it would be worth the same too.

Besides which, by the 1880s slavery was long since illegalized, so it would be impossible for any 1880s immigrants from anywhere, even Mississippi, to own slaves.

Scuze me, but ANYONE whose ancestors owned slaves in the U.S. goes has to go back at least 6 generations, hun. And 1880 was only 17 years after the last slave was freed.

Scuze me, but ANYONE whose ancestors owned slaves in the U.S. goes has to go back at least 6 generations, hun. And 1880 was only 17 years after the last slave was freed.

--- which makes your whole comparison fail anyway. Neither your 1880 ancestors, nor mine, nor O'bama's, nor anybody's, owned slaves in this country, because that would have been illegal. Even if they were already here.

Apples and lutefisk.

You are an idiot.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

Have a nice day!

You're nothing of the sort. You're simply a lazy fuck who thinks they know something about politics and political science. Every President has had rioting and demonstrations of some sort yet somehow Obama's comparatively tranquil Presidency now has a legacy of something he wasn't even involved in?

The fecal matter you call brain cells are too few to come up with this nonsense....that you have to quote Bierbart should be your first clue.

Obama's legacy will be one of more hope than change to be sure. Our constitution requires a partnership and obvious to everyone (even those like you whom refuse to admit it), the GOP congress had no intention of partnering with Obama on anything. It will be a legacy of one of bringing healthcare to those who had none, ending two unwinnable wars started by his predacessor, leveling the playing field for LGBT individuals, slow and steady recovery from the Bush Depression etc...

Your preoccupation with bodily functions is duly noted. Do you believe Obama had some effect on the Ferguson riots? (That is a YES or NO question.)

If YES, why should he not be considered a divisive race-baiter?

If NO, why should he not be considered an ineffective nincompoop?

You are an idiot.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

Have a nice day!

Your preoccupation with bodily functions is duly noted. Do you believe Obama had some effect on the Ferguson riots? (That is a YES or NO question.)

Where's the Really nothing he could do option? You seem to have forgotten that one.

You are an idiot.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

Have a nice day!

Where's the Really nothing he could do option? You seem to have forgotten that one.
:dance:

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

Have a nice day!

:dance:
Nope, just pointing out the obvious, which you reject of course because it doesn't fit your partisan agenda.

You are an idiot.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

Have a nice day!

Is everything in every town a POTUS' responsibility? Is it a POTUS' job to start race riots?

If YES, GHWB did his job really well-- how come he didn't get re-elected?
Fatter o' mact, if one looks at a history of race riots in this country we have a long and continuous list of POTUSes who managed to seal their legacy by inciting some race riot somewhere. The last one who failed to do so was.... Benjamin Harrison.

WTF was his problem?

Of course, by this logic we'd have to retitle this thread to: "The Obama/Bush II/Clinton/Bush I/Reagan/Carter/Ford/Nixon/Johnson/Kennedy/Eisenhower/Truman/Roosevelt (F)/Hoover/Coolidge/Harding/Wilson/Taft/Roosevelt (T)/McKinley/Cleveland (2nd) Legacy: Race Wars". I'm not sure that would fit the site's format.

Last edited:

You are an idiot.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

Have a nice day!

No.

Presidents have zilch to do with local policing.

Thanks for the batting practice lady.

Forum List

Back