The Obama Economy

It’s no one’s fault but your own that you lack the required skills to read a chart. :eusa_naughty:

2002 = 7.4% ... the percentage of subprime loans of all mortgages. That was the lowest that figure appears on that chart until 2008 when the markets collapsed.

Then in 2004, that 7.4% skyrocketed.

Bush/Republican policies in action.

It’s no one’s fault but your own that you lack the required skills to read a chart.

You said, "Though subprime loans were decreasing when Bush became president"

350px-Subprime_mortgage_originations%2C_1996-2008.GIF

As the chart you posted shows, subprime loans were $100 billion in 2000, about $160 billion in 2001, $200 billion in 2002, $300 billion in 2003 and over $500 billion in 2004.
Not a single decrease in Bush's entire first term.

Perhaps you shouldn't talk about skills to read a chart? DERP!
I was quite clear, despite your attempt to quote me out of context, that I spoke of the percentage of subprime loans of all mortgages. I even cited 2002 as the low point before the bust at 7.4% — and how it was after that when it skyrocketed.

I was quite clear, despite your attempt to quote me out of context

Out of context?

Try harder. :badgrin:

I just showed you Bush was pushing for the GSE’s to invest $440b into the private sector. And his policies worked.

Though subprime loans were decreasing when Bush became president, they began exploding in 2004, following Bush’s lead. They dropped to 7.4% of the market share of all mortgages in 2002 .... and then tripled to over 20% until the housing markets and credit markets began to collapse.

Dropping to a 7.4% share doesn't mean subprime loans were decreasing.
FFS, $200 billion in 2002 is DOUBLE the $100 billion in 2000.

Just to clarify your confusion, subprime loans growing slower than prime loans does not mean $200 billion is less than $100 billion.
They were decreasing as a share of the market.

Then in 2004, thanks to Bush and Republicans, they skyrocketed.

They were decreasing as a share of the market.

Even as they were rapidly growing. We agree.

Then in 2004, thanks to Bush and Republicans, they skyrocketed

And the 50% mandate. Can't forget about that.
The 50% mandate occurred in 1997 and as the chart shows, thy were still decreasing as a percentage until 2002. And it was Bush 1 who set them to 30% to start with.

Barack Obama did absolutely zero for the American worker. He talked the talk and fucked them over. He was a community agitator. He has no idea where $$$ comes from for working class people. Complete phony as a President. He was too worried about asking white people feel guilty about the self-imposed situation of blacks.

Obama achievements as President....see Millard Filmore. As about as dynamic.

The obama economy cost our household $80,000 in disposable income because he intentionally drove energy prices up immediately upon taking office.
Period.

Proof it! (your credibility is at stake).
I already listed the consumer cost increases caused by obama energy policy.

Post it! In detail since I already have great doubts of your veracity.
I already did. You go read it.

The obama economy cost our household $80,000 in disposable income because he intentionally drove energy prices up immediately upon taking office.
Period.

Post the thread and post #.

Period.

Post the thread and post #.
Look it up yo' self. I aint yo' damn secretary!

Forum List

Back