The Obama Depression: How Will You Cope?...

Balanced Budget Amendment. That will solve most of our problems. But the Democrats keep fighting against it. So they will have to be annihilated at the Polls in 2012. Otherwise,there really is no future for our Nation.

That's the problem with the right. They cling to their far-right proposals and are unwilling to compromise. The BBA is not going to happen. Not only does it have to get through Congress, but it also has to be ratified by, what is it, 2/3 or 3/4 of the states? Give it up already. It's not going to happen. It's time to try something that can actually make it through Congress and get signed by the POTUS.

Last edited:
Balanced Budget Amendment. That will solve most of our problems. But the Democrats keep fighting against it. So they will have to be annihilated at the Polls in 2012. Otherwise,there really is no future for our Nation.

That's the problem with the right. They cling to their far-right proposals and are unwilling to compromise. The BBA is not going to happen. Not only does it have to get through Congress, but it also has to be ratified by, what is it, 2/3 or 3/4 of the states? Give it up already. It's not going to happen. It's time to try something that can actually make it through Congress and get signed by the POTUS.

Been trying that. Where has that gotten us? $1.5 Trillion in cuts over ten years? Yea,just another joke. Our Debt will be $23 Trillion or more by then. So $1.5 Trillion doesn't even add up to a drop in a bucket. We need real solutions. And a Balanced Budget Amendment is a real solution. It will probably take numerous Landslide Victories for the Republicans in 2012 to make this happen though. So i guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Please explain what the Tea Party has done that has resulted in $16,000,000,000,000 of debt.

Why? It's the downgrading of our credit rating not the debt. And they certainly had something to do with bringing the country to the bring of a default.

No they didnt.
You have been told they did....but they didnt.
They said what they wanted and it wasnt what the democrats wanted. The democrats siad what they wanted, and it wasnt what the tea party wanted.
So in the end a deal was cut down the middle.
So who do we say was willing to bring the country into default?

A small group of irrlevant, unorganized, racists who have absolutely no physical control over legislation....or a party that has a majorioty in the senate and control of the WH?

LMAO....and you choose the small group of racists.

Um, yes they did. Here:

Overview
· We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United
States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term
rating.
· We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from
CreditWatch negative.
· The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan
that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of
what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's
medium-term debt dynamics.
· More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness,
stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political
institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic
challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a
negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.
· Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the
gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us
pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be
able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal
consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any
time soon.
· The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the
long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less
reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new
fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government
debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.

http://www.standardandpoors.com/ser...lobwhere=1243942957443&blobheadervalue3=UTF-8

I suspect most Americans will cope by watching more stupid reality TV and getting completely shit-faced whenever possible. :(

Why? It's the downgrading of our credit rating not the debt. And they certainly had something to do with bringing the country to the bring of a default.

No they didnt.
They said what they wanted and it wasnt what the democrats wanted. The democrats siad what they wanted, and it wasnt what the tea party wanted.

A small group of irrlevant, unorganized, racists who have absolutely no physical control over legislation....or a party that has a majorioty in the senate and control of the WH?

Um, yes they did. Here:

Overview
rating.
CreditWatch negative.
time soon.

http://www.standardandpoors.com/ser...lobwhere=1243942957443&blobheadervalue3=UTF-8

Thanks. This supports my assertion in most all aspects, and says nothing about the Tea Party. It says that the debt was downgraded due to "pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon."

To say this = Tea Party is silly. It's about one thing and one thing only... our debt levels are approaching 100% of GDP.

That's only a small part. We need tax simplification and rate cut reform, and a dismantling of the thousands and thousands of mind-numbing regulations that are preventing job creation.

That's only a small part. We need tax simplification and rate cut reform, and a dismantling of the thousands and thousands of mind-numbing regulations that are preventing job creation.

Yea i agree. And $1.5 Trillion in cuts over ten years really is a joke. Not even a drop in a bucket. A Balanced Budget Amendment would be a good start.

If we had elected John Kerry when we had the chance we would have had this depression years ago and it would all be over now. Even The New Messiah isn't up to Kerry's standards for destruction and the whole thing is playing out far more slowly than it should have.

In retrospect, though, Obama is less likely to start a World War to "fix" the economy. He's far more chicken than Kerry.....if you overlook Kerry's behaviour in Vietnam and only pay attention to his bluster.

Things are obviously getting much worse for our nation. It looks like an Obama Depression is now in full swing. I'm just wondering what you are going to do to cope with it personally? I really am interested in hearing about how you plan on dealing with such rough times ahead. Thanks.

Three words I'm a prepper

If we had elected John Kerry when we had the chance we would have had this depression years ago and it would all be over now. Even The New Messiah isn't up to Kerry's standards for destruction and the whole thing is playing out far more slowly than it should have.

In retrospect, though, Obama is less likely to start a World War to "fix" the economy. He's far more chicken than Kerry.....if you overlook Kerry's behaviour in Vietnam and only pay attention to his bluster.

In retrospect, though, Obama is less likely to start a World War to "fix" the economy.

One word Libya

No they didnt.

Um, yes they did. Here:

Overview
rating.
CreditWatch negative.
time soon.

Thanks. This supports my assertion in most all aspects, and says nothing about the Tea Party. It says that the debt was downgraded due to "pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon."

To say this = Tea Party is silly. It's about one thing and one thing only... our debt levels are approaching 100% of GDP.

You're welcome, but I tend to think it supports my assertion that it was the polictical brinkmansship brought to bear by the Tea-Faction that made S&P downgrade us.

"..the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy."

Oh they say nothing about Democrat or Republicans either.

Of course it was the "un-American", no compromise, brainwashed Tea Party. The ex-liberal, now corporate media are totally chicken shytte. Cronkite and Murrow, et al would rip them to shreds...

Last edited:
If we had elected John Kerry when we had the chance we would have had this depression years ago and it would all be over now. Even The New Messiah isn't up to Kerry's standards for destruction and the whole thin

Politicians don't have as much influence over the economy as you'd like to believe. The housing bubble occurred because people were paying too much for houses on borrowed money at high and variable interest rates. Most of the bad loans were made by institutions that aren't strictly regulated by federal law - there was very little the government did (from either party) to cause or prevent the housing bubble - instead it was by the mass stupidity that usually causes depressions.

Of course it was the "un-American", no compromise, brainwashed Tea Party. The ex-liberal, now corporate media are totally chicken shytte. Cronkite and Murrow, et al would rip them to shreds...

You compromise when it doesn't compromise your values and what you were sent to D.C. for. The TEA party was sent to D.C. to make the government smaller, and bring it back in control of the people.

Honestly im nervous as hell. As fun as it is to be partisan on here at times my business cant take much more of a hit without me going under. I have no choice but to hope he can pull a rabbit out of his hat and turn things around. Icant go through another winter like the last 2. I wont survive it.

I am sorry you business is having a tuff time.

I hope you can hang on until things get better.

This is why the stimulus should have been larger.

It blows me away that you have supported trashing the economy in the name of politics when you have so much on the line.
It blows me away that you have supported trashing the economy in the name of politics when you have so much on the line
When idiots piss me off I call them on it. Whats even worse is that you are supporting a president that has made abad economy worse.

Time to head South i guess. Mexico now has half the Unemployment Rate we have. They're at 4.5% while we're at 9.1%. Their GDP Growth is much better than ours too. Adios Amigo.

Time to head South i guess. Mexico now has half the Unemployment Rate we have. They're at 4.5% while we're at 9.1%. Their GDP Growth is much better than ours too. Adios Amigo.

I think our unemployment is much more than 9.1% my friend.

Oh yea,much higher. I never believe this Administration's numbers. Who would have ever thought we would see the day when even Mexico is laughing at us? Very depressing times for our Nation. :(

I think our unemployment is much more than 9.1% my friend.

Oh yea,much higher. I never believe this Administration's numbers. Who would have ever thought we would see the day when even Mexico is laughing at us? Very depressing times for our Nation. :(

Yeah its very very embarassing, this keeps us we'll all be heading down south for work.:doubt:

Forum List

Back