The Obama Depression: How Will You Cope?...

Getting hammered drunk.:doubt:

I can understand the sentiment, but how will that fix anything?

It won't its just a short term solution to a long term problem however I am lucky to still have a job and a roof over my head, alot of people don't even have that anymore.

"To alcohol. The cause of and solution to all of life's problems" - Homer Simpson

Personally, I'm not sure i agree that it's any solution.

It won't its just a short term solution to a long term problem however I am lucky to still have a job and a roof over my head, alot of people don't even have that anymore.

Really. A guy who works for one of my clients makes $$95k and does very little except complain constantly. I reminded him how blessed he really is. I think he actually felt pretty stupid.

From my experience its always the guys with the biggest salaries that complain the most, I am not surprised to hear your story.

I think once it was pointed out to him, he really felt pretty silly. Not to mention that knowing what I know of him, he'd never make that much if he lost that job. He's the proud recipient of structured pay raises, not a great skill set.

I see a lot of that.

Things are obviously getting much worse for our nation. It looks like an Obama Depression is now in full swing. I'm just wondering what you are going to do to cope with it personally? I really am interested in hearing about how you plan on dealing with such rough times ahead. Thanks.

What is an "Obama Depression" ?

Here's a hint...It's a very bad thing. :(

Really? Did it start in 2008?

We now have the competing soundbites!

Obama Depression vs. Tea Party Downgrade.

lets see how many different versions of each we can make?

"The HopeandChange Depression"
" The Teabagger downgrade"
"The Barak downtrack"
" The Bachmann TeaParty Underdrive"

This is fun!
How about "Obacalypse Now"

I cope knowing that even though Republicans and Conservatives not only caused this economic calamity but are now doing their very best to prolong and excaserbate it..they do not completely hold the reigns of power.

And minority rule will not last long if these conditions continue. Nor should they either way.

Really. A guy who works for one of my clients makes $$95k and does very little except complain constantly. I reminded him how blessed he really is. I think he actually felt pretty stupid.

From my experience its always the guys with the biggest salaries that complain the most, I am not surprised to hear your story.

I think once it was pointed out to him, he really felt pretty silly. Not to mention that knowing what I know of him, he'd never make that much if he lost that job. He's the proud recipient of structured pay raises, not a great skill set.

I see a lot of that.

Yeah me too.

We now have the competing soundbites!

Obama Depression vs. Tea Party Downgrade.

lets see how many different versions of each we can make?

"The HopeandChange Depression"
" The Teabagger downgrade"
"The Barak downtrack"
" The Bachmann TeaParty Underdrive"

This is fun!
How about "Obacalypse Now"

Barackalypse Obamageddon.

Lets go to the other side!

Tebagger sackjob!
Freeper Freefall!
Boehner Boondoggle!

I don't know what the "Obama depression" is.

Is he unhappy or something?

As to the national economy which is what I presume you really mean...

I'm living within my means for now.

If the price of things like oil and food continue to rise rapidly, then I'll be forced to sell my house (assuming I can, of course).

I still smoke so there's still some elasticity to my budget, but after that, there aren't many economies I have left except to radically downgrade my quality of my life.

And then if that doesn't work, then I'll just turn to a life of crime.

I don't know what the "Obama depression" is.

Is he unhappy or something?

As to the national economy which is what I presume you really mean...

I'm living within my means for now.

If the price of things like oil and food continue to rise rapidly, then I'll be forced to sell my house (assuming I can, of course).

I still smoke so there's still some elasticity to my budget, but after that, there aren't many economies I have left except to radically downgrade my quality of my life.

And then if that doesn't work, then I'll just turn to a life of crime.

You just need a higher debt ceiling. Go get a few more credit cards, that's how it works.

Thanks to my upbringing I'll be alright. There isn't much I need that I can't produce/do for myself, or barter for. I've never understood how folks can sleep at night letting others control their fortunes.:confused::smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg]‪A Country Boy Can Survive‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

For those of us who started buying physical gold when this fool was elected there are TWO major problems ahead:

1. Keeping the gold safe from confiscation.

2. Finding anything to buy with it*

*no factories manufacturing anything; farmers keeping their produce for their own families; nothing on store shelves. Y'know, that kind of everyday thing....as we'll come to think of it after a month or so with no trucks rolling to restock. Tossup whether that'll be because there's nothing to transport or no fuel to transport it with.

For those of us who started buying physical gold when this fool was elected there are TWO major problems ahead:

1. Keeping the gold safe from confiscation.

2. Finding anything to buy with it*

*no factories manufacturing anything; farmers keeping their produce for their own families; nothing on store shelves. Y'know, that kind of everyday thing....as we'll come to think of it after a month or so with no trucks rolling to restock. Tossup whether that'll be because there's nothing to transport or no fuel to transport it with.

You forgot

3. Getting to the gold dealer after we realize the bubble is popping but before it fully pops.

Morons. when the gold bubble pops - and it will, at some point in the future, we just don't know when - you won't have much time to sell your holdings before you lose out big time. All the idiots with physical gold will be on their way to their gold dealers at the same time that most of the gold holders sell electronically online in an instant.

I wouldn't keep much in physical assets around unless you can eat it, wear it, or put it over your head.

Tell ya what.

The way things are going, the best money making plan these days is:

a Bag of crack
a ski mask
and a gat.

Forum List

Back