The NRA's Plan: Expand the TSA!

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
By David Frum - former speechwriter for George W. Bush

The NRA plan for school safety is an armed agent in every school. And the plan for movie theaters? For shopping malls? For churches, synagogues, and mosques? Bars and restaurants? Taken seriously, the NRA is calling for the TSA everywhere and forever. No wonder they won't take questions.

I assume you are opposed to armed guards at school? If so, please explain why. I would also point out that, unlike bars and restaurants, schools are filled with defenseless children.

By David Frum - former speechwriter for George W. Bush

The NRA plan for school safety is an armed agent in every school. And the plan for movie theaters? For shopping malls? For churches, synagogues, and mosques? Bars and restaurants? Taken seriously, the NRA is calling for the TSA everywhere and forever. No wonder they won't take questions.

achingly ironic, given that the NRA makes it clear on a regular basis that they don't trust the federal government to properly do its job...

I assume you are opposed to armed guards at school? If so, please explain why. I would also point out that, unlike bars and restaurants, schools are filled with defenseless children.

WHO is going to pay for this? Wayne LaPierre?

AND...

Having armed security on-site failed to prevent the deadliest mass murder at an American high school.

In 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 15 people and wounded 23 more at Columbine High School. The destruction occurred despite the fact that there was an armed security officer at the school and another one nearby -- exactly what LaPierre argued on Friday was the answer to stopping "a bad guy with a gun."

The Fort Hood shooting took place on November 5, 2009, at the most populous U.S. military installation in the world. In the course of the shooting, a single gunman, an army psychiatrist, killed 13 people and wounded 29 others.

The armed guards, base police, base security systems, and trained servicemen were unable to prevent this massacre.

Forum List

Back