The NRA's Culture Of Death: How Fetishizing A Tool Kills Kids

It goes further. Ask a gun zealot the meaning of the second amendment and he will tell you it guarantees the right of the citizen to protect himself against a tyrannical government. Rubbish. In an age with no standing army, the only defense against whiskey revolts, anti-tax uprisings, and possible invasions was a well-regulated militia on call, comprised of men with muskets.

The NRA shamelessly fetishizes guns. What was once a hunting tool, has now been glorified as a symbol of manhood. Insignificant men strut around with high powered rifles slung insouciantly over their shoulder while ordering Taco Bell.

The NRA's Culture of Death. How Fetishizing a Tool Kills Kids.

I guess you rely on others to form your opinions for you, so you're admitting you're not very smart. You might want to actually read the Constitution and see how many times the founders used the term "people", meaning the individual citizen, interchangeably with the terms "State/s" or "United States". Here's a hint for ya pinhead, the answer is zero. The right of the people to keep and bear arms is an individual right of every citizen.

Yes, I am well aware of this pin head. I am also well aware that SCOTUS in the Heller decision allows for the individual to keep a gun in the home for self defense.

I'm also aware that in that same decision, the AR can now be considered an unusually dangerous weapon (Antonin Scalia's words, not mine), and that they can be banned by legislation at all levels of government, which is already happening.

You are what is known as a willfully ignorant pinhead.

The ones blocking gun control reform.

The last blocking of gun control was when that Democrat filth voted against the Grassley Cruz Bill that would have strengthen the NICS reporting of the mentally ill.
Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness
Ya people who can't manage money were classified as mentally ill.
Ya might wanna google.
ACLU and Bill, oh wait I can't give the bill number b/c your lousy post didn't give it.
At any rate
google
ACLU and HJ res 40
"The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database."

Seems reasonable to me. But the 2nd Amendment allows them to have guns. It's the Constitution that would need to be changed. Same goes for children, they are currently allowed to own guns and carry them.
The average age of Vietnam veterans was 19
oh and btw, the only reason I was 21, was b/c I went on a Mormon Mission. snicker snicker
So you're classified as mentally ill. Gee, WHAT A SHOCK!!!! :biggrin:

Culture of death?

Which NRA members are killing people?

The last blocking of gun control was when that Democrat filth voted against the Grassley Cruz Bill that would have strengthen the NICS reporting of the mentally ill.

...and the Democrats voted down the Grassley Cruz bill that would have strengthened the NICS reporting of the mentally ill.
I have a molon labe sticker in the rear window of my p/u
My daughter made it with her vynel business.

Ya people who can't manage money were classified as mentally ill.
Ya might wanna google.
ACLU and Bill, oh wait I can't give the bill number b/c your lousy post didn't give it.
At any rate
google
ACLU and HJ res 40
"The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database."

Seems reasonable to me. But the 2nd Amendment allows them to have guns. It's the Constitution that would need to be changed. Same goes for children, they are currently allowed to own guns and carry them.
The average age of Vietnam veterans was 19
oh and btw, the only reason I was 21, was b/c I went on a Mormon Mission. snicker snicker
So you're classified as mentally ill. Gee, WHAT A SHOCK!!!! :biggrin:
actually it was 1A....which was worse.

27972530_10160151332860515_8823966240795097204_n.jpg

It goes further. Ask a gun zealot the meaning of the second amendment and he will tell you it guarantees the right of the citizen to protect himself against a tyrannical government. Rubbish. In an age with no standing army, the only defense against whiskey revolts, anti-tax uprisings, and possible invasions was a well-regulated militia on call, comprised of men with muskets.

The NRA shamelessly fetishizes guns. What was once a hunting tool, has now been glorified as a symbol of manhood. Insignificant men strut around with high powered rifles slung insouciantly over their shoulder while ordering Taco Bell.

Yawn

Culture of death?

...and the Democrats voted down the Grassley Cruz bill that would have strengthened the NICS reporting of the mentally ill.
I'm not a Democrat, so ya, they suck as well.

Just pointing out the facts since everybody and their little brown dog is trying to blame anyone except the bat shit crazy shooter for killing those kids..

Just pointing out the facts since everybody and their little brown dog is trying to blame anyone except the bat shit crazy shooter for killing those kids..
Yes, but sane adults pass laws (or repeal them) so that these type of people have easy access to weapons. We could do better.

Yes, but sane adults pass laws (or repeal them) so that these type of people have easy access to weapons. We could do better.

Then blame the Democrats for rejecting the Grassley Cruz bill that would have improved the reporting of the mentally ill into the firearm background check system.

Even staunch pro right to keep and bear arms people like myself thought that was a good idea but the Democrats were so butt hurt over the Republicans voting down universal background checks that they did a stupid thing for spite. At a minimum the bill would have probably would have stopped the Texas church shooting. If the FBI and Parkland police would have done their job that bill would have probably prevented Cruz from buying the AR.

Democrats are idiots, aren't they?

Then blame the Democrats for rejecting the Grassley Cruz bill that would have improved the reporting of the mentally ill into the firearm background check system.

Even staunch pro right to keep and bear arms people like myself thought that was a good idea but the Democrats were so butt hurt over the Republicans voting down universal background checks that they did a stupid thing for spite. At a minimum the bill would have probably would have stopped the Texas church shooting. If the FBI and Parkland police would have done their job that bill would have probably prevented Cruz from buying the AR.

Democrats are idiots, aren't they?
Get real, you're all idiots.

Yes, this is a fact that most of the news media are ignoring: The House passed a bill to enhance reporting on the mentally ill, but it's still stuck in the Senate because Dems are whining about "stigmatizing the mentally ill." Yet, when *another* nutcase kills more kids, they blame guns, guns, guns.

I ask again: What if this sicko had used a car to kill 17 kids? What if he had used a Bowie knife and had managed to kill at least three or four kids? Why do liberals focus on the inanimate object instead of the person who used the object?

AGAIN, that law was do draconian and invasive that even the ACLU and a slew of mental illness advocacy groups urged that it be repealed. And, AGAIN, the House passed a replacement bill, a much saner approach, that would have strengthened reporting on the mentally ill for background checks, but the Dems are *still* blocking the bill in the Senate.

Do facts just not matter to you folks?

It’s a toss up who has more blood on their hands.
The NRA, Trump or the GOP.
Each have a big stake in keeping the status quo of children being gunned down in their schools.

And what stake would that be?

Who ever wrote that has no idea what they're talking about.
The NRA teaches responsibility and the correct way in how to handel guns.
Respect for a weapon.
They do not teach gun worship.
I'm getting sick and tired of people writing about things they don't know nor understand.

I was a member for years a long time ago. They stopped being anything that resembles a responsible organization. Even a majority of it's own members do not agree with the current political stance taken by it's leadership.

It has become nothing more than the marketing arm of the gun manufacturers to sell guns unrestricted to increase their bottom line, and a political PAC for greedy politicians.

That is in no way teaching responsibility about owning a gun.

When you lobby Congress to actually prevent the CDC from studying gun deaths in America. You are the epitome of evil, and a culture of death, just like the title of the article accurately portrays.

The CDC was never prevented from studying gun violence, asswipe......they were told not to use tax payer money to push gun control...which they were doing before they were told to stop.....

Notice...numb nuts....gun research done by the CDC......after the Dickey Rule was passed...

Obama CDC Study: Silencers Best Option for Noise Reduction at Gun Ranges - The Truth About Guns

The CDC looked at a number of different solutions to reduce the exposure to the hazardous noise levels in shooting ranges and arrived at the same solution as every other logical gun owner: silencers.
The only potentially effective noise control method to reduce students’ or instructors’ noise exposure from gunfire is through the use of noise suppressors that can be attached to the end of the gun barrel. However, some states do not permit civilians to use suppressors on firearms.
Some gun control activists claim that noise on shooting ranges isn’t a health issue. The CDC says otherwise, and the report is right here in black and white. Are these luddites going to argue with science?

====================

When Gun Violence Felt Like a Disease, a City in Delaware Turned to the C.D.C.

When epidemiologists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention came to this city, they were not here to track an outbreak of meningitis or study the effectiveness of a particular vaccine.

They were here to examine gun violence.

This city of about 70,000 had a 45 percent jump in shootings from 2011 to 2013, and the violence has remained stubbornly high; 25 shooting deaths have been reported this year, slightly more than last year, according to the mayor’s office
.-------

The final report, which has been submitted to the state, reached a conclusion that many here said they already knew: that there are certain patterns in the lives of many who commit gun violence.

“The majority of individuals involved in urban firearm violence are young men with substantial violence involvement preceding the more serious offense of a firearm crime,” the report said. “Our findings suggest that integrating data systems could help these individuals better receive the early, comprehensive help that they need to prevent violence involvement.”

Researchers analyzed data on 569 people charged with firearm crimes from 2009 to May 21, 2014, and looked for certain risk factors in their lives, such as whether they had been unemployed, had received help from assistance programs, had been possible victims of child abuse, or had been shot or stabbed. The idea was to show that linking such data could create a better understanding of who might need help before becoming involved in violence.

Profiling is science.

Help them or lock them up to help society.

As long as it works.

I love it. Please keep posting and make sure you run people that think like you.
Careful what you wish for, a large % of Americans want gun control and assault weapons taken out of the hands of citizens. If the GOP Congress doesn’t have some kind of gun control ready by midterms, watch women destroy the GOP in voting booths.

More women are buying guns than ever before.

Who ever wrote that has no idea what they're talking about.
The NRA teaches responsibility and the correct way in how to handel guns.
Respect for a weapon.
They do not teach gun worship.
I'm getting sick and tired of people writing about things they don't know nor understand.

I was a member for years a long time ago. They stopped being anything that resembles a responsible organization. Even a majority of it's own members do not agree with the current political stance taken by it's leadership.

It has become nothing more than the marketing arm of the gun manufacturers to sell guns unrestricted to increase their bottom line, and a political PAC for greedy politicians.

That is in no way teaching responsibility about owning a gun.

When you lobby Congress to actually prevent the CDC from studying gun deaths in America. You are the epitome of evil, and a culture of death, just like the title of the article accurately portrays.

The CDC was never prevented from studying gun violence, asswipe......they were told not to use tax payer money to push gun control...which they were doing before they were told to stop.....

Notice...numb nuts....gun research done by the CDC......after the Dickey Rule was passed...

Obama CDC Study: Silencers Best Option for Noise Reduction at Gun Ranges - The Truth About Guns

The CDC looked at a number of different solutions to reduce the exposure to the hazardous noise levels in shooting ranges and arrived at the same solution as every other logical gun owner: silencers.
The only potentially effective noise control method to reduce students’ or instructors’ noise exposure from gunfire is through the use of noise suppressors that can be attached to the end of the gun barrel. However, some states do not permit civilians to use suppressors on firearms.
Some gun control activists claim that noise on shooting ranges isn’t a health issue. The CDC says otherwise, and the report is right here in black and white. Are these luddites going to argue with science?

====================

When Gun Violence Felt Like a Disease, a City in Delaware Turned to the C.D.C.

When epidemiologists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention came to this city, they were not here to track an outbreak of meningitis or study the effectiveness of a particular vaccine.

They were here to examine gun violence.

This city of about 70,000 had a 45 percent jump in shootings from 2011 to 2013, and the violence has remained stubbornly high; 25 shooting deaths have been reported this year, slightly more than last year, according to the mayor’s office
.-------

The final report, which has been submitted to the state, reached a conclusion that many here said they already knew: that there are certain patterns in the lives of many who commit gun violence.

“The majority of individuals involved in urban firearm violence are young men with substantial violence involvement preceding the more serious offense of a firearm crime,” the report said. “Our findings suggest that integrating data systems could help these individuals better receive the early, comprehensive help that they need to prevent violence involvement.”

Researchers analyzed data on 569 people charged with firearm crimes from 2009 to May 21, 2014, and looked for certain risk factors in their lives, such as whether they had been unemployed, had received help from assistance programs, had been possible victims of child abuse, or had been shot or stabbed. The idea was to show that linking such data could create a better understanding of who might need help before becoming involved in violence.

Wow, there are liars, there are pathological liars, and then there's you.

Paul Ryan calls for gun violence data while blocking CDC from collecting gun violence data

AGAIN, that law was do draconian and invasive that even the ACLU and a slew of mental illness advocacy groups urged that it be repealed. And, AGAIN, the House passed a replacement bill, a much saner approach, that would have strengthened reporting on the mentally ill for background checks, but the Dems are *still* blocking the bill in the Senate.

Do facts just not matter to you folks?
I'm saying that ALL "sane" adults are doing a poor job of protecting us from gun violence.

Culture of death?

So none
When you pick a group with as large a membership as the NRA one or more members through out time have committed and been convicted of murder. I am not goiing to take the time to hunt one down, but statistically speaking the odds are very high! That being said if a member or even several members through out time have been guilty of crimes that does not make the entire organization complicit it makes those specific members guilty. The NRA does not advocate murder as a group.

I think you stupid Moon Bats don't understand that demonizing the NRA is a losing issue. Crooked Hillary found that out big time in 2016, didn't she?. It didn't exactly get her any votes just like that scumbag husband of hers lost his Democrat Congress in 1994 with that silly assault weapons ban.

The NRA is a grassroots organization of about six million members to protect our Constitutional rights. The right to keep and bear arms is in the Bill of Rights. Go look it up.

The NRA is also the largest firearms safety organization in the world. That is a good thing.

The filth in this country are the Libtard assholes that demand that our Constitutional rights be taken away. The reason for that is that the right to keep and bear arms is the only real guarantor of security for our nation. The stupid Moon Bats hate that because that is an impediment to establishing a socialistic shithole that they desire so much.

Even though I am not a fan of the NRA ... Watching the loons on the left is still amusing.

The NRA gets support when those that support them need/want someone to protect their rights under the Second Amendment.
The loons on the left rail against the NRA when they want to violate the Second Amendment rights of those who support the NRA.

The lefty loons are too stupid to understand they do more to support the existence of the NRA ... They are the reason people support the NRA.
They create their own obstacle and then bitch about their ignorance in doing so.

It's a mutual existence ... The NRA could not survive without left wing loony gun grabbers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back